Windows 10: Windows no longer sees 5GHz network

Discus and support Windows no longer sees 5GHz network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My computer used to see the 5GHz network in my house and has been connected to 5GHz networks before, but at some point it stopped seeing it. All other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Epiqu1n, Nov 18, 2018.

1. Epiqu1n Win User

Windows no longer sees 5GHz network

My computer used to see the 5GHz network in my house and has been connected to 5GHz networks before, but at some point it stopped seeing it. All other devices in the house can see and connect to the 5GHz network. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers but to no avail. I am using an Archer T8E network card.

I don't know exactly what should be there but in the network adapter properties the only mention of 802.11n is a property called "802.11n Preamble" which does not seem to have any effect, and IBSS Mode which is currently set to 802.11a/b/g/n Auto. There is no "802.11n mode" property as I have seen mentioned elsewhere, there are properties for "Rate (802.11a)" and "Rate (802.11b/g)" but not 802.11n, and properties such as Disable Bands and Band Preference only show options for 802.11a and 802.11g/b. However, using the "netsh wlan show drivers" command does show support for 802.11n.

:)

Epiqu1n, Nov 18, 2018
  2. moshiko Win User

windows 10 cant see 5ghz network

hello,
    i updated to windows 10 for 7 today, and everything works fine expt one thing..
    the windows 10 cant see the 5ghz network and i dont know whay..
    when i used the windows 7, its show me the 5ghz network, but not when im using the windows 10...
    however, i checked on the CMD just to be sure if i can run the 5ghz network, and its says that i can..
    the problem is that i cant see the 5ghz network so i cant use it, and i really need the 5ghz ASAP..

so,
    what can i do so i can see and use the 5ghz network ?
    im using DWA-160 DUAL BAND...

thank you for helping me Windows no longer sees 5GHz network :)

moshiko, Nov 18, 2018
  3. My 5GHZ wifi network is no longer appearing.

I have been connected to my 5ghz wifi network for a while around two days ago it disappeared from my list of available networks but is still on my known network.

In order to fix the issue i have:

-reset my router

-uninstalled and reinstalled my network adapters drivers

I am not to knowledgeable about network issues, and i know the 5ghz wifi connection is available and works because i am using it on other devices and the connection is fine and fast.

Everclarity, Nov 18, 2018
  4. Windows no longer sees 5GHz network

Lumia 950XL 5GHz wifi issue

Thanks for your replay Mr. Jack but I have tried everything resetting my phone, router also but I have never seen my phone show the 5Ghz networks....!!! Anything else u can suggest?? It works well with the 2.5Ghz network...!! I have other phones at home which
    connects to the 5Ghz network and works fine..!! It's only my 950xl which doesn't show the 5Ghz network...!!

jebinbosco, Nov 18, 2018
Thema:

Windows no longer sees 5GHz network

1. Windows no longer sees 5GHz network - Similar Threads - longer sees 5GHz

2. Can no longer see wireless networks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can no longer see wireless networks: I have a rather old hp desktop running Windows 10. The ethernet-cable-connection to the internet stopped working quite a while ago, but I was able to use a ASUS - Dual-Band AC1200 USB Network Adapter and that was working just fine. I just moved houses and I'm trying to re-set...
  3. Can no longer see wireless networks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can no longer see wireless networks: I have a rather old hp desktop running Windows 10. The ethernet-cable-connection to the internet stopped working quite a while ago, but I was able to use a ASUS - Dual-Band AC1200 USB Network Adapter and that was working just fine. I just moved houses and I'm trying to re-set...
  4. Can no longer see wireless networks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows 10 Cannot See 5GHz Network

Windows 10 Cannot See 5GHz Network: Since updating to windows 10 I haven't been able to see my 5Ghz network on my desktop PC. My smartphone and laptop can see and connect to the network at the same distance. I've looked around for solutions dating back to 2015 but haven't found a fix yet. When checking if my...
  6. 5Ghz Network Issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    5Ghz Network Issue: Now I've searched online and have seen the typical response of "update the drivers" or "enable 802.11n mode" and both have been done. Now my issue is mainly that I can connect to my wifi's 2G network but not the 5G network. Here is where it gets weird. 1: Windows CAN see 5G...
  7. can't see 5ghz networks although adapter supports it

can't see 5ghz networks although adapter supports it: hi guys, i have searched a lot and did not find any solution to my problem (or, in fact, someone with my exact problem) my wireless PCI adapter supports 802.11a so it should have 5ghz recognizing abillity right? i went to the device manager to the advanced tab and found...
  8. Failing to see 5GHZ SSID wifi network

Failing to see 5GHZ SSID wifi network: Hello, Just wondered if anybody can help me sort out this problem which I have. I have Bt infinity 2 with a BT hub 5 router which enables me to have either a 2.4 GHZ or a 5GHZ wifi my problem is that it see's and connects to the 2.4GHZ but does not see the 5GHZ one ,...
  9. windows 10 cant see 5ghz network

windows 10 cant see 5ghz network: hello, i updated to windows 10 for 7 today, and everything works fine expt one thing.. the windows 10 cant see the 5ghz network and i dont know whay.. when i used the windows 7, its show me the 5ghz network, but not when im using the windows 10... however, i checked on...
  10. Can't see 5Ghz networks with my 802.11n wireless card.

Can't see 5Ghz networks with my 802.11n wireless card.: Hey there, I would like to enable the 5Ghz option on my router, however when I do this my PC is not detecting the network, however my phone and Xbox are, I read on the internet that 802.11n internet is able to use 5Ghz. I feel like I missed a setting but I can't find it,...