Windows 10: Windows no longer shuts off video display

Discus and support Windows no longer shuts off video display in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; For some strange reason, Windows 10 will no longer turn off the monitor display. This is happening with only one of my computers and I have looked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by VE3YF, Sep 4, 2016.

1. VE3YF Win User

Windows no longer shuts off video display

For some strange reason, Windows 10 will no longer turn off the monitor display. This is happening with only one of my computers and I have looked everywhere and every place I look, it is set to turn off display after 1 hr which is what I have it set to. Windows 10 is up to date and so is the video card and monitor drivers. I have not installed any new program in weeks and this problem has only just started. Does anyone have any ideas. Thanks.

:)

VE3YF, Sep 4, 2016

2. The All apps button no longer displays the apps list. Suddenly the power button won't shut off the PC.

The All apps button no longer displays the apps list. Suddenly the power button won't shut off the PC.

Original Title : All apps in Windows 10

HenriArmand, Sep 4, 2016
  3. My computer taking forever to shut down and crashes(?) when I put it to sleep. WIN10

My computer has recently been taking way longer than usual to shut down. The display turns off and everything else, but my computer is still running, fans, lights, HDD, etc. everything is still on and
    doesn't turn off for around ~10 minutes. The same thing happens when I put it to sleep, display turns off aswell as keyboard but the computer is still on rather than it going quiet and the power light blinking like it used to... it just stays on for ~5+ minutes
    then shuts off. After turning it back on from when it turns off after sleep, it acts as if it crashed (longer startup,low res loading circle, etc. things that happen after crashing/bsod or holding down the power button.)

I'm running Windows 10 [Version 10.0.14393]

It's a custom PC that I built about a year ago.

GageNovick, Sep 4, 2016
Thema:

Windows no longer shuts off video display

1. Windows no longer shuts off video display - Similar Threads - longer shuts off

2. Restarting / Shutting Down screen no longer being displayed when restarting or shutting...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Restarting / Shutting Down screen no longer being displayed when restarting or shutting...: Earlier today I went to restart my desktop and it had an Update then Restart option so there seemed to be an outstanding update to be installed. When the computer started its shutdown process I noticed that I didn't get the installing updates screen. Now when I restart or...
  3. POWER SETTINGS - IF WATCHING A VIDEO WILL POWER SHUT OFF ?

POWER SETTINGS - IF WATCHING A VIDEO WILL POWER SHUT OFF ?: Hi, In the Power Settings, If I set the power to turn off in 1 hour, will it shut off even if I'm streaming a movie at the time? RAP Microsoft Windows 10 Home (64 bit). I upgraded my Win 8 machine to Win 10. Machine: Lenovo (i5) G500s Touch notebook (laptop)....
  4. Shutting off?????

Shutting off?????: My Windows 10 laptop keeps shutting off. And this has been happening for a few days now. But i just assumed my battery was dead. But for once i looked at it and it was on 76%. Which doesnt make sense, so i tried looking up the problem but I don’t want to mess up my laptop...
  5. Windows shutting off with no warning

Windows shutting off with no warning: So this problem just recently started happening, when in windows after a while it will just completely shut off with no warning. It doesn't happen when I'm in Ubuntu though. I've deleted some programs that could be the cause but nothing has worked. I really need some help...
  6. How do I shut off the Cortana displays?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I shut off the Cortana displays?: [img] 62435
  7. Shutting Off Cortana

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shutting Off Cortana: Is there a way to stop Cortana running in the background. I see it in the "Task Manager', but you cannot 'End Task' it as it comes right back. 13561
  8. monitor shuts off

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    monitor shuts off: I have a posting in network section, but not sure if that is the right spot. I am posting a question about my son's self built desktop he has had for years. He just had a new mother board and hard drive installed. The company that installed them insisted he put windows 10 on...
  9. Switching from Display Port to HDMI Shuts Off Display Port

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Switching from Display Port to HDMI Shuts Off Display Port: I'm using a Dell U3415W monitor. My video card is AMD Radeon RX480. The monitor is connected via DisplayPort to my computer. The monitor is connected via HDMI to my work laptop. When I want to switch over to HDMI, it acts as if I shut off the monitor on the Displayport...
  10. Video shut down/off

in Windows 10 Support
    Video shut down/off: I have my monitor set to shut down 10 min after no activity, but it's not. I have checked the settings and it's set to shut off. What else do I need to check? 97115