Windows 10: Windows no longer shuts off video display

Discus and support Windows no longer shuts off video display in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; For some strange reason, Windows 10 will no longer turn off the monitor display. This is happening with only one of my computers and I have looked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by VE3YF, Sep 4, 2016.

1. VE3YF Win User

Windows no longer shuts off video display

For some strange reason, Windows 10 will no longer turn off the monitor display. This is happening with only one of my computers and I have looked everywhere and every place I look, it is set to turn off display after 1 hr which is what I have it set to. Windows 10 is up to date and so is the video card and monitor drivers. I have not installed any new program in weeks and this problem has only just started. Does anyone have any ideas. Thanks.

:)

VE3YF, Sep 4, 2016

2. The All apps button no longer displays the apps list. Suddenly the power button won't shut off the PC.

The All apps button no longer displays the apps list. Suddenly the power button won't shut off the PC.

Original Title : All apps in Windows 10

HenriArmand, Sep 4, 2016
  3. My computer taking forever to shut down and crashes(?) when I put it to sleep. WIN10

My computer has recently been taking way longer than usual to shut down. The display turns off and everything else, but my computer is still running, fans, lights, HDD, etc. everything is still on and
    doesn't turn off for around ~10 minutes. The same thing happens when I put it to sleep, display turns off aswell as keyboard but the computer is still on rather than it going quiet and the power light blinking like it used to... it just stays on for ~5+ minutes
    then shuts off. After turning it back on from when it turns off after sleep, it acts as if it crashed (longer startup,low res loading circle, etc. things that happen after crashing/bsod or holding down the power button.)

I'm running Windows 10 [Version 10.0.14393]

It's a custom PC that I built about a year ago.

GageNovick, Sep 4, 2016
Thema:

Windows no longer shuts off video display

1. Windows no longer shuts off video display - Similar Threads - longer shuts off

2. Display randomly shuts off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display randomly shuts off: I've been having issues with my screen shutting down randomly. That wouldn't be so bad, but it also closes my Discord. It seems to be random. When it first started happening, I checked the power options. One of them was set to shut down after a certain amount of time, so I...
  3. Display randomly shuts off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display randomly shuts off: I've been having issues with my screen shutting down randomly. That wouldn't be so bad, but it also closes my Discord. It seems to be random. When it first started happening, I checked the power options. One of them was set to shut down after a certain amount of time, so I...
  4. Display randomly shuts off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Video shuts off - PC keeps running

Video shuts off - PC keeps running: Randomly the screens will say No signal and the only way the get them back is to reboot. This is on an upgrade and a new install on a new hard drive. All drivers and Windows up to date. Spent hours with NVidia support - nothing wrong found. OS Name Microsoft Windows 10...
  6. Display randomly shuts off

Display randomly shuts off: I recently build a new computer and it has been working fine except for one issue. My computer will randomly shut the screen off while everything else is still running. I can hear sound through my headphones and all the fans and RGB are still on. The only way to shut the...
  7. Shutting Off Screen Lock Settings No Longer Works

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shutting Off Screen Lock Settings No Longer Works: I've always shut off screen locking, hibernation, screen saver, and sleep. For as many years as these features have existed, I've turned them off. Around a month ago I started finding my screens blank upon returning to my system after a half hour or so. A click of the...
  8. SHUTTING OFF FULL SCREEN DISPLAY?

in Windows 10 Customization
    SHUTTING OFF FULL SCREEN DISPLAY?: HOW DO I ESCAPE THE FULL SCREEN MODE? ESC DOESN'T WORK BY ITSELF.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shutting-off-full-screen-display/db860f0b-4b7c-4cf0-a697-0a158defe7af
  9. Display shuts off too soon

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Display shuts off too soon: I have set my display to shut off after one hour but it shuts off after only three minutes. Any advice? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-shuts-off-too-soon/7d6b4fa0-8221-4148-aa87-8906f65ddb35
  10. Video shut down/off

in Windows 10 Support
    Video shut down/off: I have my monitor set to shut down 10 min after no activity, but it's not. I have checked the settings and it's set to shut off. What else do I need to check? 97115