Windows 10: Windows no longer waking monitor after pc being a sleep

Discus and support Windows no longer waking monitor after pc being a sleep in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, Can anyone help me figure out my problem here? Over the past couple of weeks I've had a issue with our PC monitor, well I thought it was the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Villordsutch, Jul 10, 2020.

1. Windows no longer waking monitor after pc being a sleep

Hello,

Can anyone help me figure out my problem here?

Over the past couple of weeks I've had a issue with our PC monitor, well I thought it was the monitor. When the PC goes to sleep and you wake it up, it won't bring the monitor back to life.

After trying numerous work arounds, button presses, keyboard punches, God's being called out etc. We went for a new monitor, however the issue is still occuring.

I've checked to see if there's any new GC drivers, there isn't and I've not had to update these in a while. It's not a gaming PC, it's a slimline and the GC is onboard (I know...the horror).

We've never run into this monitor issue before, normal it fires up almost immediately.

Any help on this will be fantastic, thank you.

submitted by /u/Villordsutch
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Villordsutch, Jul 10, 2020

2. Sleep / Wake Function, malfunctions after waking

Hi,

Issues that arise after waking up the PC from sleep mode might have been caused by a software conflict or system file corruption. For us to clarify the issue, we would like to ask these questions:

• What is the exact issue that you are experiencing?
    • Did you notice any recent system changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you encountered any error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

If you are having issues waking your PC from sleep, we suggest running the
    Power troubleshooter
    as an initial troubleshooting. Kindly follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Troubleshoot, and then press Enter.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, click on Power.
    • Click on Run the troubleshooter button.
    • Follow the onscreen guide.

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, Jul 10, 2020
  3. Stavros Win User
    Monitor Not Waking Up After Sleep

I am experiencing a critical issue - when my computer goes into sleep mode, or if I manually place it in sleep mode, the monitor will not wake. The PC is running; I can hear the fan and the light on the front of the monitor is on, but the monitor itself will not wake. The only way I can get the computer back on is to do a hard reset by holding in the power button, turning it off, then back on. I've tried all the obvious fixes; windows updates, graphic card driver updates, unplugging, turning off sleep mode, turning off Link State Power Management ,making sure the keyboard or the mouse are able to wake the computer in settings, etc. Nothing so far has worked. Any suggestions on how to fix or what the problem may be?
    An additional problem is that I cannot even save some new settings in my motherboard. Somehow the settings return to the default settings and the problem remains. The PC purchased brand new almost 4 months ago.

CPU Intel Core i5 8600k 3.60GHz
    Graphic Card (integrated): Intel ® UHD Graphics 630
    Motherboard: Gigabyte Z370 HD3

Could you please provide any suggestion?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Stavros, Jul 10, 2020
  4. Windows no longer waking monitor after pc being a sleep

Troubleshooting PCs spontaneously waking from sleep

I've also battled with sleep/wake issues over the years, and from experience have learned that trying to find, or rationalise, the root cause is a waste of time. All you need is `powercfg`.

`powercfg -devicequery wake_armed` from an Administrator PowerShell window/Command Prompt will give you a list of all devices that can possibly wake the PC. This command is interesting because very often, it will show devices that you'd never expect being able to wake your computer. I think in one instance I had the chipset device listed!

`powercfg -devicedisablewake "device_name_from_device_query"`will prevent said device from ever waking the computer. This command is 100% the only thing I have found that will resolve sleep/wake problems. Updating drivers, unplugging peripherals, switching to a cleaner power supply (UPS), changing ethernet cables... none of those have helped, yet`powercfg -devicedisablewake` has done the trick.

Note that occasionally, devices you have disabled wake for may start waking up the PC again - this happens if you plug a USB device into a different port, or occasionally when drivers are updated, because Windows sees it as a new device. In that case rerun `powercfg` to find and disable that device again.

If this does not resolve your wake issues, I would start looking at power fluctuations.

Assimilator, Jul 10, 2020
Thema:

Windows no longer waking monitor after pc being a sleep

1. Windows no longer waking monitor after pc being a sleep - Similar Threads - longer waking monitor

2. Windows 11 can't wake PC after sleeping for a longer period.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 can't wake PC after sleeping for a longer period.: Computer goes to sleep just fine but does not wake if it has been in sleep mode for a longer period of time 8 hours for instance. When the computer is sleeping my keyboard's lights are turned off as it should be, and when trying to wake it the lights come on but screens stay...
  3. Windows 11 can't wake PC after sleeping for a longer period.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 can't wake PC after sleeping for a longer period.: Computer goes to sleep just fine but does not wake if it has been in sleep mode for a longer period of time 8 hours for instance. When the computer is sleeping my keyboard's lights are turned off as it should be, and when trying to wake it the lights come on but screens stay...
  4. Dual monitors and only 1 wakes after pc sleeps

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Dual monitors and only 1 wakes after pc sleeps: I have an HP Power PC with an Ryzen 7 on Win 10 2004. I Recently purchased 2 matching LG monitors which work fine as a dual display setup when the PC is first started. If the pc goes into sleep sometimes only one monitor wakes again. It is not consistent which one will wake,...
  5. Windows not waking up after being put to sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows not waking up after being put to sleep: Hi all, Wondered if you could help. I have a few laptops after the in place upgrade to 1909. When they are not used for a period they go to sleep. But they don’t wake up. You have to hold Down the power button to force them to turn off. Bios update and other driver updates...
  6. Monitor Wakes after sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitor Wakes after sleep: I have a self built AMD system with an ASUS M4A88TD-V EVO MOBO I set the screen to turn off after 3 minutes. It does, although it hangs up sometimes if Facebook is open But then it comes on again for 3 more minutes after 3 minutes of being off I thought it might be a MOBO...
  7. Windows move to 3rd monitor after PC wakes from sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows move to 3rd monitor after PC wakes from sleep: Hi, I've got 3 monitors connected to my PC. 2 are normal monitors and the 3rd is a TV that sits above my desk visible to the rest of the office. In my display setting they are set up as follows: [ATTACH] Displays 2 & 1 are the displays I use for work applications....
  8. Monitor Doesnt wake up after pc sleeps

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor Doesnt wake up after pc sleeps: Hello all. Been having this problem for a while now so i wanted to come here and see if anyone can help me out. Whenever my pc goes to sleep, the screen will not display a picture when i try to wake up. It will come back if i turn the power to the monitor off and then back...
  9. Monitor Not Waking Up After Sleep

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor Not Waking Up After Sleep: I am experiencing a critical issue - when my computer goes into sleep mode, or if I manually place it in sleep mode, the monitor will not wake. The PC is running; I can hear the fan and the light on the front of the monitor is on, but the monitor itself will not wake. The...
  10. Monitor speakers no longer working after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor speakers no longer working after waking from sleep: I've been using the same monitor (I-Inc iH282) connected via an HDMI cable for about 7 years now (under Win10 home for the last 2 years) and the speaker inside the monitor (used as my default sound device) has worked every time .. except that is for about the last month. It...