Windows 10: Windows no Wifi (Ethernet cable works)

Discus and support Windows no Wifi (Ethernet cable works) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/OverBakedSOUP [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fvsgob/windows_no_wifi_ethernet_cable_works/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/OverBakedSOUP, Apr 6, 2020.

1. Windows no Wifi (Ethernet cable works)

/u/OverBakedSOUP, Apr 6, 2020
  2. revdrw Win User

WIFI Works, Ethernet won't

OK but why?

NOT YELLING, JUST EMPHASIZING

Please note, I installed the new Lynksis, it worked just fine for 3-4 days on both my MACBOOK PRO when in ethernet connect and the Dell, then the ethernet just quit working for both my MacBook Pro and Dell desktop. It did work, then just quit for no apparent reason. WIFi for iPhone, iPad, Andriod Phone, and when I set to wifi for my MacBook pro all work fine.

Detailed history: I first noticed that on my Desktop dell that is CAT5 ethernet connected to the WIFI ROuter, that it stopped, no internet access. I began to trouble shoot, and turned off my WIFI on my MAcbook and it wouldnt work either, plugged into same router but different cat5 cable. At that time, all WIFI devices still worked. I figured that it must be the ethernet side of the WIFI router, so I replaced the router with brand new one. the Lynksys N900 listed in original thread. Ethernet and everything worked just fine for 3-4 days. But then ethernet quit, but wifi still works.

Whatever the problem, it affects both my MacBook Pro and Dell with WIN 7. I'm guessing it is NOT a computer problem, if it is it is affecting both my Mac and Dell, separate cat 5 cables to same wifi router

To remixedcat, I don't know for sure how to check IP settings, see above post, no damage apparent to anything.

revdrw, Apr 6, 2020
  3. Computer not recognizing Ethernet cable

Hi Vijay, I appreciate your help.

I will try each step even if I've already done it, just to make sure, and post my results.

A. When I troubleshoot internet connections, it tells me “Plug an ethernet cable into this computer” and says my cable might be broken or disconnected. However of course i have tried a different working cable with no luck.

when I troubleshoot network adapter, it says “plug an Ethernet cable into the network adapter ‘Ethernet’” which of course has already been done so it is not recognizing it.

B. I tried every suggestion/step listed (except for the wifi troubleshooting since my computer doesn't have wifi) and none of them worked.

C. When I run the windows update troubleshooter, it tells me “download and install pending updates” (Maybe it is not up to date because I tried reinstalling windows 10 to see if that would fix the internet, but it did not. I updated it like last week or
    something like that) but of course I can't download the updates without internet. If I click “apply this fix” it tells me to plug in an Ethernet cable. But i believe windows 10 was up to date before this issue even began because I updated it just a week ago.

D. I do not understand this step. The guide is confusing to me. It also appears that I have to download tools in order to do this repair. I cannot download anything because my computer cannot connect to the internet. I don't have a USB flashdrive. I did
    try reinstalling Windows 10 though and it did not help.

EmersedPuma9503, Apr 6, 2020
  4. Windows no Wifi (Ethernet cable works)

Remote Desktop connection working with WiFi but not working with Ethernet cable?

My question is about remote desktop connection.

Earlier I was using remote desktop between two windows 7 machines via WiFi.

With passing of time I connect with via ethernet cable to WiFi router for both the machines.

Then I upgraded the server pc to windows 10.

And the reciver pc doesn't. After this the WiFi connection was working well, even the ethernet between windows 10 pc and WiFi router was working well.

But the connection between WiFi router and windows 7pc wasn't via ethernet.

Now I want to connect windows 7pc with WiFi router with Ethernet cable.

Please help...

MeetBhayaniM, Apr 6, 2020
Thema:

Windows no Wifi (Ethernet cable works)

1. Windows no Wifi (Ethernet cable works) - Similar Threads - Wifi Ethernet cable

2. Ethernet Cable Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet Cable Not Working: My ethernet cable is not working even when plugged in. It works fine with other laptops but not with mine. I'm fairly sure this has something to do with something installed or some software related issue. Because my ethernet worked but static when I uninstalled all my network...
  3. Ethernet Cable Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet Cable Not Working: My ethernet cable is not working even when plugged in. It works fine with other laptops but not with mine. I'm fairly sure this has something to do with something installed or some software related issue. Because my ethernet worked but static when I uninstalled all my network...
  4. Ethernet cable not working properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet cable not working properly: So i have one ethernet cable which only transmits like 10Mb/s, which can connect to my pc. I tried changing it but neither my old ethernet cables which support more than 10MB/s nor a new one i bought are being recognized by my pc. They do connect to my Laptop though so it's...
  5. Ethernet cable not working properly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet cable not working properly: So i have one ethernet cable which only transmits like 10Mb/s, which can connect to my pc. I tried changing it but neither my old ethernet cables which support more than 10MB/s nor a new one i bought are being recognized by my pc. They do connect to my Laptop though so it's...
  6. Ethernet cable not working?

Ethernet cable not working?: So I recently got an Ethernet cable for my laptop so I could get more direct wifi. I plugged it in, thinking it was a plug and play, but nothing happened. It says that there is no cable connected and as far as I am aware the socket in the wall is connected to the wifi. And it...
  7. Ethernet Cable Isn't working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ethernet Cable Isn't working: I have a brand new PC that I've been using fora couple weeks now and this is the first issue I'm having with it. This afternoon everything was fine, but after coming home from work 30 minutes ago my computer acts like my ethernet cable isn't even plugged in. The wifi works on...
  8. Ethernet cable not working.

Ethernet cable not working.: I've been trying for hours now to fix my Ethernet cable with no success. Ever since I had a power cut yesterday in the WiFi options it has displayed my Ethernet as "Unidentified network" and has granted me no internet access. I've troubleshooted the problem and it said...
  9. PC - Ethernet Cable to Wifi MB

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC - Ethernet Cable to Wifi MB: Can i connect my Ethernet cable on My wifi Motherboard? pls answer submitted by /u/IcyLaser [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/cv96xd/pc_ethernet_cable_to_wifi_mb/
  10. Wifi not connecting without Ethernet cable

Wifi not connecting without Ethernet cable: Basically what happened before: After updating to Windows 10, my computer was not showing any network options. (The icon says "Not connected - No connections are available) Going into Control Panel/Network and Internet/Network Connections, it then says "Local Area Connection...