Windows 10: Windows not able to complete update.

Discus and support Windows not able to complete update. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently had a windows update on my laptop . When i restarted it after downloading it after restart an error pops up like this:- [ATTACH] Any help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ParasNegimicrosoft, Apr 21, 2021.

1. Windows not able to complete update.

I recently had a windows update on my laptop . When i restarted it after downloading it after restart an error pops up like this:-

Windows not able to complete update. 110cdeda-7527-47aa-9c2b-a0c571aab93a?upload=true.png

Any help would be grateful.

:)

ParasNegimicrosoft, Apr 21, 2021
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows not able to complete update. :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Apr 21, 2021
  3. Vista Pre-SP1 vs. Vista SP1

I've been Windows Updating for two straight days and I finally saw SP1. If you want to troubleshoot it, follow these steps:

• Show hidden updates
    • Manually install any failed updates (google the KB_____ and install from the windows site)
    • Make sure everything in Device Manager is good to go
    I had to do step two for like 4 or 5 updates to be able to see SP1.

Any other benchmarks you guys want to see? I might try PCMark05 (I think it works on Vista).

DanishDevil, Apr 21, 2021
  4. Windows not able to complete update.

Windows 8 failure configuring updates and reverting

I agree 8 is awful! It's not for me though... I replaced a broken screen in a Win 8 laptop that was given to me and I am going to give it for free to someone that can't afford one so they can do homework at home. Yes I took it from 8 to 8.1 back on 10/09/2014. This is what I posted there...

"Great post! I found a similar one. I would like to point out that you may want to edit your OP...

1. Step 1 should read to disable AUTOMATIC updates, not disable manual updates.

2. KB2871398 should really read KB2871389

I would like to say that KB2917499 may also be needed as it was in my case. I also had to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter after installing those 2 updates. After these steps I was able to begin my 8.1 download from the Microsoft store. I don't know if it made a difference or not, but I also went into the Bios and disabled "Secure Boot."

It was a helpful post. Thanks!

BlackHawk1, Apr 21, 2021
Thema:

Windows not able to complete update.

1. Windows not able to complete update. - Similar Threads - able complete update

2. Windows Security not able to complete scans

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security not able to complete scans: Windows Security, and other applications, crash the system, sometimes to a Blue Screen of Death. Event Viewer lists the following as Error:Unable to start a DCOM Server:...
  3. Windows Security not able to complete scans

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Security not able to complete scans: Windows Security, and other applications, crash the system, sometimes to a Blue Screen of Death. Event Viewer lists the following as Error:Unable to start a DCOM Server:...
  4. windows not able to update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows not able to update: so basically whenever i click restart windows to update, it begins updating going up to 7% then says restarting. after it restarts it then says could not install update, undoing changes. i ran trouble shooter for updates, restarted my pc, tried getting windows update again...
  5. windows not able to update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows not able to update: so basically whenever i click restart windows to update, it begins updating going up to 7% then says restarting. after it restarts it then says could not install update, undoing changes. i ran trouble shooter for updates, restarted my pc, tried getting windows update again...
  6. windows not able to update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Not able to update the window

Not able to update the window: During the window update, I am getting the error: There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: 0x800f0904 Update: 2020-12 Cumulative Update...
  8. not able to update windows

not able to update windows: after downloading the update it was installing 100% then suddenly a error came [ATTACH] please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-able-to-update-windows/02a11f0a-77d3-47dd-99de-0a3a1235dd6f
  9. Not able to update Windows

Not able to update Windows: My Acer PC no hard drive has windows installed but it will not allow any updates - is there a solution? The issue is that because there is no hard drive, there is no ability for the update to occur. I have got a memory stick with 25 GB available but that it seems can't be...
  10. Not able to restore complete backup in Windows 10.

Not able to restore complete backup in Windows 10.: Not able to restore complete backup in Windows 10. Tried online support help from Microsoft with remote computer control but only little could be restored. Already tried three times....