Windows 10: WINDOWS not able to connect to mail servers, POP3 or Imap

Discus and support WINDOWS not able to connect to mail servers, POP3 or Imap in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am facing a weird problem and need help please.After installing windows 10 on a client computer, using a fresh ISO downloaded from Microsoft, I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CMS Tech, Sep 30, 2022.

1. CMS Tech Win User

WINDOWS not able to connect to mail servers, POP3 or Imap

I am facing a weird problem and need help please.After installing windows 10 on a client computer, using a fresh ISO downloaded from Microsoft, I am stuck with a problem where the system can not connect to the ISP mail server, with POP3 and Imap setups tried, during setup. This is where it gets difficult. The ISP is situated in the building right next door to my client. I have approached their techs as well for assistance and even they have no resolution. I have also tried various Email client software, from the ever popular Outlook up to Windows Mail, EM Client, Mailbird and Mozilla Firebird.

:)

CMS Tech, Sep 30, 2022

2. Nokia messaging. pop3 or imap?

POP3 only allows you to see your Inbox, IMAP allows you to see all your folders.

POP3 doesn't allow push e-mail, IMAP does (if IMAP IDLE is supported).

Nokia Mail is Nokia Mail, you set up your account using the wizard and what appears works, supposedly. Really it's IMAP IDLE running on Yahoo's servers.

Nokia Messaging is a service set up on Nokia's servers which polls POP3 and IMAP mailboxes and pushes updates to the phone. Good points: It's Nokia's most supported option (meaning if you set up a direct connection to a POP3 or IMAP mailbox and it doesn't
    work, Nokia will tell you to accept the terms and conditions and use Nokia messaging). Bad points are an always-on connection draining the battery and privacy (Nokia keeps a copy of your passwords and repeatedly logs into your mailboxes with no encryption).

Dan555---01, Sep 30, 2022
  3. cirko Win User
    Solution to Windows 10 Mail not correctly recognizing IMAP mail accounts

When setting up a new mail account in the new Windows 10 Mail app, some providers are recognized as POP3 servers automatically, regardless that they offer IMAP as well.

This is due to the fact that when the app prompts the user for an address to be associatied with the new account, it automatically checks the servers present at the address, and may stick to the POP server instead of the IMAP one.

It is impossible to manually define the server from the beginning. It is also impossible to do this offline and change the settings before the app connects to the server, as this leads to a connectivity error.

For some users, this may lead to two very unpleasant behaviors:

• The account will be handled as POP3; Mail automatically downloads ALL the messages from at least the last three months, marking them as unread. Combined with the fact that there is no possibility to select all messages to mark them read, this can be very painful. [Note: The ability to select all messages has been added since December 2015; the issue of this question has not been touched, though]
    • When you try to change the server address to the IMAP address of your provider, syncing will fail completely, even if you specify the correct ports and SSL (e.g. imap.mail.org:997:1). The errors 0x80072726 or 0x8007274d may be shown. This might be attributed to the fact that you don't have the possibility to specify the protocol anymore at this point.

cirko, Sep 30, 2022
  4. WINDOWS not able to connect to mail servers, POP3 or Imap

Configuring IMAP with Windows 10 Mail

How do I plug in impa port names username password as well as the SMTP port in the Windows 10 mail app?

Let me know. Having major issues. Keep in mind the server is from inmotionhosting.com and its my email server.

best,

Maximillian

Secure SSL/TLS Settings

(Recommended)

Username:
    ......@.......

Password:
    Use your cPanel password.

Incoming Server:
    secure1
    • IMAP Port:
    • POP3 Port:

Outgoing Server:
    secure1
    • SMTP Port:

Authentication is required for IMAP, POP3, and SMTP.

Maximilliann, Sep 30, 2022
Thema:

WINDOWS not able to connect to mail servers, POP3 or Imap

1. WINDOWS not able to connect to mail servers, POP3 or Imap - Similar Threads - able connect mail

2. Imap/Pop3 ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Imap/Pop3 ?: What Is an Imap and or pop3 account even used for? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/imappop3/5355f4ce-3043-4c88-b440-6a2036f29031
  3. Imap/Pop3 ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Imap/Pop3 ?: What Is an Imap and or pop3 account even used for? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/imappop3/5355f4ce-3043-4c88-b440-6a2036f29031
  4. WINDOWS not able to connect to mail servers, POP3 or Imap

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WINDOWS not able to connect to mail servers, POP3 or Imap: I am facing a weird problem and need help please.After installing windows 10 on a client computer, using a fresh ISO downloaded from Microsoft, I am stuck with a problem where the system can not connect to the ISP mail server, with POP3 and Imap setups tried, during setup....
  5. WINDOWS not able to connect to mail servers, POP3 or Imap

WINDOWS not able to connect to mail servers, POP3 or Imap: I am facing a weird problem and need help please.After installing windows 10 on a client computer, using a fresh ISO downloaded from Microsoft, I am stuck with a problem where the system can not connect to the ISP mail server, with POP3 and Imap setups tried, during setup....
  6. Outlook error (can't connect to IMAP server)??

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook error (can't connect to IMAP server)??: All of a sudden my Outlook email stopped working. I have a subscription to Microsoft 365 so that's the version of Outlook I am using. 1. At first the error I got was 0X800CCC1A, something about not being able to connect to the IMAP server. 2. I went to my Outlook Data File...
  7. Outlook error (can't connect to IMAP server)??

in Windows 10 Support
    Outlook error (can't connect to IMAP server)??: All of a sudden my Outlook email stopped working. I have a subscription to Microsoft 365 so that's the version of Outlook I am using. 1. At first the error I got was 0X800CCC1A, something about not being able to connect to the IMAP server. 2. I went to my Outlook Data File...
  8. How to change the protocol used by the Mail Application in Windows 10 from IMAP to POP3?

How to change the protocol used by the Mail Application in Windows 10 from IMAP to POP3?: I wanted a way to change the protocol used by the Mail Application in Windows 10 for all my accounts, Gmail as well as Hotmail and Outlook. Is there any way I can change the protocol?...
  9. After fresh install of Windows 10, it cannot access any pop3 or imap server anywhere with...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After fresh install of Windows 10, it cannot access any pop3 or imap server anywhere with...: Had to do a fresh install of Windows after recovering from a freeze. And now for some reason pop3 and imap servers do not connect anymore. Only e-mail service that works is outlook.com My own domains e-mails do not work in either POP3 or IMAP, neither do Yahoo, GMail, and...
  10. Windows 10 Mail & POP3

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail & POP3: I’ve been reading this thread https://www.howtogeek.com/226010/how...in-windows-10/ but i need to be able to set it to remove mail from the server - this setting has always been an option with PO3 accounts - but in Mail Version 16005.10827.20186.0 - in Account Settings -...