Windows 10: Windows not accepting changes to files

Discus and support Windows not accepting changes to files in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I had a major issue with the 1903 update where the audio player controls did not work on various software I use for podcasting. Since I couldn't roll... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by whiwo65, Nov 18, 2019.

1. whiwo65 Win User

Windows not accepting changes to files

I had a major issue with the 1903 update where the audio player controls did not work on various software I use for podcasting. Since I couldn't roll it back nor restore my system, I used Media Creator to install 1803 and then removed the update option so I can finish my work through the end of the year.

Now, it appears that version 1909 has been installed without my knowledge. While the audio controls now work - other issues are occurring. When I make edits or changes to the audio file to be used in another program - the new file won't overwrite the original. In fact, when I download new music from my DJ services, the files are there and playable but will not show up in any of my program's file list when I try to load them. It will accept the changes in one software (edits) but when I master them in another to overwrite the original it won't do it - it retains the original version that was already there. Deleting the original and manually moving it over does not work either.

Other issues:

I lost my entire Pictures folder from backup after I reinstalled the previous operating system. I performed a deep scan and it's nowhere to be found on either backup drive. It just went poof with no traces of a previous existence. My keyboard is wonky and works when it wants.

I fixed the index issue because Cortana couldn't find anything to save her life. The problems keep coming. I've wasted a week on this during my busiest season of the year and am really getting irritated.

From what I can tell 1803 worked, 1903 did not then 1909 came out and everything is messed up even more.

One other note: my audio never worked worth a flip with headphones, which I use all the time. It always sounded like a tin can - even after uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers. Now, with 1909, they audio is perfect. Unfortunately, nothing else is working.

Before I spend a whole day reinstalling the operating system again - does anybody have any suggestions as to which operating system I should use or other troubleshooting tips? This is costing my considerable time and money. Sorry if I can't fully explain all these issues but the keyboard is intermittent and I'm having to slog through this post out of frustration. I can no longer make paragraphs so I just want to say I checked my SSD drive which is only three years old and it has no errors showing up.

:)

whiwo65, Nov 18, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Nov 18, 2019
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Nov 18, 2019
  4. Windows not accepting changes to files

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Nov 18, 2019
Thema:

Windows not accepting changes to files

1. Windows not accepting changes to files - Similar Threads - accepting changes files

2. Extend displays- Can't accept changes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extend displays- Can't accept changes: Hopefully an easy fix.New laptop, plugged into monitor and it duplicates displays.When I select extend displays, the pop up says keep changes or in 10seconds will revert changes.However the pop up is greyed out so cannot accept changes.Thanks in advance!...
  3. Extend displays- Can't accept changes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Extend displays- Can't accept changes: Hopefully an easy fix.New laptop, plugged into monitor and it duplicates displays.When I select extend displays, the pop up says keep changes or in 10seconds will revert changes.However the pop up is greyed out so cannot accept changes.Thanks in advance!...
  4. Extend displays- Can't accept changes

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Change Password: Password not accepted???

Change Password: Password not accepted???: Hail all:Safety is a thing, rite?So, I wanted to slightly update my password.Not too hard, right?Figured, I get me a somewhat safe password, like, oh, I dunno, maybe something like,...
  6. Change Password: Password not accepted???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Password: Password not accepted???: Hail all:Safety is a thing, rite?So, I wanted to slightly update my password.Not too hard, right?Figured, I get me a somewhat safe password, like, oh, I dunno, maybe something like,...
  7. Fix: Windows 10 Time Zone Setting Will Not Accept Change

Fix: Windows 10 Time Zone Setting Will Not Accept Change: This issue has been frustrating me for a very long while. My time zone would not update in the Windows 10 Time & Language Settings. I have tried it many many times, manually and automatic and it would always revert to UTC+01:00. I read through every Microsoft Community Q&A on...
  8. Windows didn’t accept my changes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows didn’t accept my changes: I turned off the windows splash screen but for some reason it still comes up i also cant change my lock screen it used to sometimes show the picture i chose but sometimes show the default windows lock screen but now it only shows the default. Is there something that i can use...
  9. Win 10 Pro will not accept changed pw

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Win 10 Pro will not accept changed pw: I changed my win pw using this: cmd ran as admin net user <name> PwDpassword win accepted change now it is telling me: YOUR PASSWORD WAS CHANGED ON ANOTHER DEVICE. YOU MUST SIGN IN TO THIS DEVICE ONCE WITH YOUR NEW PASSWORD, THEN YOU CAN SIGN IN WITH YOUR PIN. I...
  10. Folder and File ownership not accepted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder and File ownership not accepted: Hi. I added and external hard drive to my new laptop after my laptop boke. I had no special ownership added to the external drive with my old laptop. I just plugged it in and used it. Now in my new laptop some folders and files behave normally but others say that i dont have...