Windows 10: Windows not accounting for physical dimensions of monitors

Discus and support Windows not accounting for physical dimensions of monitors in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; So I have 3 monitors, two 20 inch and one 40 inch that I have arranged with the smaller two side-by-side on the bottom and the biggest above. They all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by NEIDHARDT, Nov 18, 2017.

1. NEIDHARDT Win User

Windows not accounting for physical dimensions of monitors

So I have 3 monitors, two 20 inch and one 40 inch that I have arranged with the smaller two side-by-side on the bottom and the biggest above. They all are 1080p, but the problem I'm having is the scaling of the largest monitor.
    What I want is for Win 10 to scale the biggest one's width (and height equally) to be the width of the bottom two combined, like in reality. However, it scales all 3 to the same size and I don't know how to fix this issue.

:)

NEIDHARDT, Nov 18, 2017
  2. farby Win User

Will a Nokia 520 battery(BL-5J) fit in a Nokia 620?

Simple answer : Difference in Physical dimensions ..(Nokia BL-5J vs. Nokia BL-4J)

farby, Nov 18, 2017
  3. Physical dimensions and case design - Lumia 920

You should contact nokia via the support link at bottom of page.

techbuzzireland, Nov 18, 2017
  4. CountMike New Member

Are they set i Extend or Duplicate mode ? Only in Extended mode you can change them individually.

CountMike, Nov 19, 2017
  5. NEIDHARDT Win User
    Extend. I can change the scaling factor now (and set custom ones) but that only alters the size of the UI.
    Also, thanks for posting a reply! I've been trying forums for a while now with no responses.

NEIDHARDT, Nov 20, 2017
  6. CountMike New Member
    It's up to individual programs and their GUI to set own or follow windows settings, can't do much about that.

CountMike, Nov 20, 2017
  7. NEIDHARDT Win User
    yeah, the UI or GUI scaling isn't the problem, it's windows not scaling the relative size so that the bottom edge of the top monitor spans the top edges of the bottom two side by side so that I can move my cursor from any point of the bottom two upwards and it'll enter the top one.

NEIDHARDT, Nov 20, 2017
  8. CountMike New Member

Did you position them in windows same as in actuality ?

Windows not accounting for physical dimensions of monitors [​IMG]

This is how I have mine set.

You could do this for instance:

CountMike, Nov 20, 2017
  9. NEIDHARDT Win User
    Yes, that last image is how I have them arranged, but the biggest and topmost is a 40 inch while the bottom two are 20 inch. in actuality, the top one is the width as the bottom two side by side. But it sets them all as the same size.

NEIDHARDT, Nov 20, 2017
  10. CountMike New Member
    I don't know than. all of mine are different resolution and used for different purposes.
    1. 27" main one, 1920 x 1080
    2. 24", 1440 x 900 mostly for TV , and as secondary with larger graphics for other work.
    3. is 19" 4x3 mostly for security cameras

CountMike, Nov 20, 2017
  11. NEIDHARDT Win User
    I see, mine are all the same resolution (1080p)

NEIDHARDT, Nov 20, 2017
  12. stormy13 Win User
    Windows doesn't care what size the monitor is, all it sees is the resolution and works with that. For what you want you are going to need something like this,

Free vs Pro Binary Fortress Software

which from looking at the comparison list, the fre version should be able to do what you want.

stormy13, Nov 20, 2017
  13. NEIDHARDT Win User

Thanks! I'll check it out!

NEIDHARDT, Nov 21, 2017
  14. NEIDHARDT Win User
    Looks like that was a dud, didn't have the feature I needed. Thanks for the help though!

NEIDHARDT, Nov 21, 2017
  15. NEIDHARDT Win User
    Thanks, I tried that software, but it didn't seem to have what I needed.

NEIDHARDT, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows not accounting for physical dimensions of monitors - Similar Threads - accounting physical dimensions

2. No option for Physical Memory Usage on Performance Monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No option for Physical Memory Usage on Performance Monitor: Hi, I'm looking for advice. I need to generate a weekly report on processor & physical memory usage on Windows 10. I tried Performance Monitor but can't see any option to monitor physical memory usage. When I added "Memory" to the counters, it still didn't show physical...
  3. No option for Physical Memory Usage on Performance Monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No option for Physical Memory Usage on Performance Monitor: Hi, I'm looking for advice. I need to generate a weekly report on processor & physical memory usage on Windows 10. I tried Performance Monitor but can't see any option to monitor physical memory usage. When I added "Memory" to the counters, it still didn't show physical...
  4. Physical monitor dimensions smaller or bigger than what's detected

Physical monitor dimensions smaller or bigger than what's detected: Hello, I have a laptop connected to an ultra wide monitor utilizing it as a dual monitor set up. Under display settings the physical height dimensions of the monitors detected are the same the only difference is the length one is longer than the other. It's a minor...
  5. Physical monitor dimensions smaller or bigger than what's detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Physical monitor dimensions smaller or bigger than what's detected: Hello, I have a laptop connected to an ultra wide monitor utilizing it as a dual monitor set up. Under display settings the physical height dimensions of the monitors detected are the same the only difference is the length one is longer than the other. It's a minor...
  6. Change physical monitor size?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change physical monitor size?: Hi, I have a laptop with a 15,6" UHD screen, and a second external monitor which is 24", but 1080p. Because of the screen resolution difference, Windows assumes my laptop screen is larger than my external monitor, while the physically it's the other way around. This makes...
  7. Paint dimensions

Paint dimensions: Hello, I am having trouble copying pictures from word to paint without the picture shrinking in paint. I've already taken off the option for word to not compress my pictures and they still shrink and when I copy the picture back to word, it is in a smaller dimension, any help...
  8. Folder Dimensions Preserved

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder Dimensions Preserved: By default, Windows kept the dimensions of each folder, but now I've noticed that it is no longer so. If I resize a folder, all folders acquire the same dimensions. I don't use folder templates, besides the general one. Windows 10 1903 157007
  9. Search Dimension

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Search Dimension: [IMG]I don't know what this is https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/search-dimension/83573592-f311-489e-a5ec-2fc6864748f3
  10. Icons' dimension issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Icons' dimension issue: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Bradimarte [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e32g98/icons_dimension_issue/