Windows 10: Windows Not Activated After 1909 Update

Discus and support Windows Not Activated After 1909 Update in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I had my Windows 10 come preinstalled. Recently I updated my Windows to 1909 version . I also recently merged my C and D drive with EaseUS partition.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ZV_93, Apr 8, 2020.

1. ZV_93 Win User

Windows Not Activated After 1909 Update

I had my Windows 10 come preinstalled.

Recently I updated my Windows to 1909 version .

I also recently merged my C and D drive with EaseUS partition. It was before upgrading

Since then following steps I took:

1. Ran Activation Troubleshooter, It shows Windows like this, Upon clicking Upgrade, it restarts but then an error comes that 0x80004005 Windows Not Activated After 1909 Update 300f6fc2-68a3-4b23-99cd-0fd27504e3a4?upload=true.png

2. I Tried solution given in this

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-windows-10-failure-with-error-ox80004005/e5e07295-9c0f-4635-8133-a0f5a871e451

But it does not work

3. I also tried change product key method, but it doesnt work

:)

ZV_93, Apr 8, 2020

2. Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Apr 8, 2020
  3. deving Win User
    User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Apr 8, 2020
  4. Windows Not Activated After 1909 Update

Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Apr 8, 2020
Thema:

Windows Not Activated After 1909 Update

1. Windows Not Activated After 1909 Update - Similar Threads - Activated 1909 Update

2. Windows Update not updating after build 1909

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update not updating after build 1909: I started having this issue last December or so. If I try to do a major Windows Update the update appears to download and mostly install. Once the computer prompts for a restart it doesn't seem like anything finalized and when the computer boots up again nothing has changed....
  3. Windows Update not updating after build 1909

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update not updating after build 1909: I started having this issue last December or so. If I try to do a major Windows Update the update appears to download and mostly install. Once the computer prompts for a restart it doesn't seem like anything finalized and when the computer boots up again nothing has changed....
  4. Windows Update not updating after build 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Activate Windows appearing and disappearing after Windows update 1903 Continues into 1909

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activate Windows appearing and disappearing after Windows update 1903 Continues into 1909: Hello. I am running Windows 10 Home update 1909 on an HP Envy 15. Up until Windows update 1903, my Windows had been running fine with no major problems. I have not installed or attempted to install any alternate versions of Windows, using only the copy of Windows 10 Home that...
  6. BSOD after 1909 Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after 1909 Update: Guys, I have the strange error (maybe not strange at all) I am on on Windows 10 x64 v1903, Gigabyte X99-UD5 Wifi board and a Samsung EVO 850 250gb M2 OS Drive. After applying patch 1909 it BSODs with kmode exception not handled, page fault in non paged area, etc and then...
  7. Windows activation after update build 1909

Windows activation after update build 1909: Hey guys. Does anyone know how to fix an activation problem? A few days ago I made the update to 1909 but after this my Windows became inactive and keeps asking me for an activation code. All I know is that the users with an upgraded windows from 7 to 10 should have a...
  8. Windows linking mircosoft account and activation after win10 1909 updates.

Windows linking mircosoft account and activation after win10 1909 updates.: Hi community, after updating to win10 1909, all my settings changes do not launch. So I can't link my Micro account and Activation. Please someone help....
  9. windows bugged after update to 1909

in Windows 10 Support
    windows bugged after update to 1909: I updated to 1909 and now i am having strange bug. When i left-click on something, it doesn't react. For example: hitting field for searching folders doesn't do anything. One time my whole system was unresponsive, left click didn't work for almost anything. It is not mouse, i...
  10. Windows Audio is missing after update to 1909

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Audio is missing after update to 1909: Currently I use windows 10 on my pc and after my most recent update to version 1909 my sound has stopped working. There is x icon in the audio icon and said that The audio service is not running. I try check in services.msc but can't find Windows Audio service there. There...