Windows 10: Windows not activated after changing motherboard and cpu

Discus and support Windows not activated after changing motherboard and cpu in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I recently changed the hardware on my pc and window 10 is telling me i need to activate windows, even though i am logged into my microsoft account with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ckhgray, Jan 13, 2019.

1. ckhgray Win User

Windows not activated after changing motherboard and cpu

I recently changed the hardware on my pc and window 10 is telling me i need to activate windows, even though i am logged into my microsoft account with windows 10 tied to it. when i go through the trouble shooter and i click the "changed hardware" prompt it asks me to select my current device but it doesnt display it even though i can see the pc is on my account on my microsoft account.

:)

ckhgray, Jan 13, 2019
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Windows 10: Fitting a new motherboard and CPU

Hi,

Yes, you may change your Motherboard and CPU without a problem. To resolve your issue in case you encounter a problem, we suggest that you follow the steps in this

article
    which you can expand Activating Windows 10 after a hardware configuration change
    and you can use an Activation troubleshooter if you get activation errors. The given link is previously provided by
    'Mike P.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Jan 13, 2019
  3. Activate Windows 10 Aniversaire ver. 1607 build 14393.10 after changed motherboard.

My PC

-Motherboard ASUS P5QL PRO, chipset P43

-CPU Intel E8500 socket 775,

-OS Windows 10 Pro, after upgrade to Ver.1607 build 14393.10

-Windows is activated with a digital license linked my Microsoft account.

After that, I've changed motherboard with the new one Gigabyte H81M-DS2 chipset H81 (included CPU Intel i3 4350T socket 1150).

I signed in Windows by password of my Microsoft account as administrator and use the
    Activation troubleshooter solution to reactivate Windows, in step select "I changed hardware on this device recently" then click "Next" but I don't see where the list of devices that are linked to my Microsoft
    account, so that I can't reactivate Windows.

I return back to old motherboard ASUS and CPU E8500: Windows activated as it was.

Someone know about this problem please help me reactivate Windows 10 build 14393 after changed motherboard, or tell me know that it's unable!

Thanks and Regards

LapBui Chi, Jan 13, 2019
  4. Windows not activated after changing motherboard and cpu

Windows activation error

Hi Brandon,

Before replacing the Mother Board if Windows 10 was activated, then you can refer the steps/link below for activating Windows 10.

The only hardware changes that can negatively impact activation status once you upgrade to free version are the changes to the:

• CPU
    • TPM
    • Motherboard replacement
    The following changes are examples of hardware changes that will NOT impact the activation status:

• HDD/SSD
    • Video card
    • Adding extra memory
    If you replace the CPU, TPM, or Motherboard you may have to re-activate but this will not require a purchase of Windows 10.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/why-activate-windows-10

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jan 13, 2019
Thema:

Windows not activated after changing motherboard and cpu

1. Windows not activated after changing motherboard and cpu - Similar Threads - activated changing motherboard

2. Activating Windows after motherboard and cpu upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activating Windows after motherboard and cpu upgrade: I just upgraded my motherboard and cpu, now windows won't let me activate. I have a digital license tied to my microsoft account but it won't let me install and activate with the new motherboard and cpu. I bought the license retail a long time ago and it was upgraded to...
  3. Activating Windows after motherboard and cpu upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activating Windows after motherboard and cpu upgrade: I just upgraded my motherboard and cpu, now windows won't let me activate. I have a digital license tied to my microsoft account but it won't let me install and activate with the new motherboard and cpu. I bought the license retail a long time ago and it was upgraded to...
  4. Activating Windows after motherboard and cpu upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. No activation after motherboard &CPU replacement.

No activation after motherboard &CPU replacement.: Split from this thread.This PC is running an activated Windows 10. I have replaced the motherboard & CPU NOT the hard disk with the activated software and system now tells me it needs activating - and no error code is produced by the system. The inability to communicate...
  6. Can't activate windows after a motherboard + CPU change

Can't activate windows after a motherboard + CPU change: Hey, I recently upgraded my PC's motherboard and CPU, now windows is telling me to activate windows i bought a key somewhere between late 2017 to early 2018, whenever i try to troubleshoot in the settings, all i can select is my OLD motherboard device windows seems to see it...
  7. Can't activate after changing motherboard and CPU

Can't activate after changing motherboard and CPU: I bought new parts for my PC, including a new motherboard, RAM, and CPU. After putting everything in my new case, with the same 2 SSDs and graphics card from my previous prebuilt PC, Windows 10 won't activate, saying the product key is invalid and that it's linked to the...
  8. Issue Activating Windows After Changing Motherboard and CPU

Issue Activating Windows After Changing Motherboard and CPU: I recently upgraded my CPU and Motherboard, but after doing so my Windows 10 Pro is no longer activated. I haven't done anything to my hard drive, other than hooking it up to the new CPU and Motherboard. I've tried re-entering my Windows Product Key, but it gives me an error....
  9. Unable to activate Windows after motherboard, CPU and graphic card change

Unable to activate Windows after motherboard, CPU and graphic card change: My old motherboard died after a BIOS update. I had to get a new motherboard and CPU. At the same time, I got a new graphic card. after setting everything up, Windows 10 asked me to activate windows. I tried the Windows activate troubleshoot after hardware change, and saw...
  10. Windows Won't Activate After MotherBoard, CPU, and RAM change.

Windows Won't Activate After MotherBoard, CPU, and RAM change.: First off, I had to reinstall windows after it (almost) booted to a blue screen after the hardware change, figured that would happen so no big surprise. Got to the troubleshoot screen and reinstalled or whatever its called from there. Works great, except windows doesn't want...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows not activated after installing new cpu and board