Windows 10: Windows not activated after new HD

Discus and support Windows not activated after new HD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently tried to refurbish an old PC that was running Win10 Enterprise by replacing the HD with a SSD, then installing Win10 from scratch using a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Eskimojnr, Jun 8, 2023.

1. Eskimojnr Win User

Windows not activated after new HD

I recently tried to refurbish an old PC that was running Win10 Enterprise by replacing the HD with a SSD, then installing Win10 from scratch using a USB boot thumb drive. I chose Windows 10 Home when presented with the choice, as I plan to give that PC to my wife and don't see the relevance in it being Enterprise for her. I can still see the Windows serial number under the PC. But when Windows is running now, it says it isn't activated and my efforts to activate it by entering the serial number produce this error message "Windows reported that no product key was found on your device.

:)

Eskimojnr, Jun 8, 2023
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Windows not activated after new HD 42853d1485958256t-restoring-windows-10-image-using-macrium-reflect-.jpg
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Jun 8, 2023
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jun 8, 2023
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jun 8, 2023
Thema:

1. Windows not activated after new HD - Similar Threads - activated

2. Window 11 Pro keeps asking for activation every start up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window 11 Pro keeps asking for activation every start up.: Any solution?The details are attached as a picturehttps://zenithconsultants-my.sharepoint.com/:i:/g/personal/alagha_zenith-consultants_com/EQRPnXDfZ7lMjlTWyTF9clYBQLcFK73yqeK0gNSU4I-Hag?e=VJmvWC...
  3. Window 11 Pro keeps asking for activation every start up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window 11 Pro keeps asking for activation every start up.: Any solution?The details are attached as a picturehttps://zenithconsultants-my.sharepoint.com/:i:/g/personal/alagha_zenith-consultants_com/EQRPnXDfZ7lMjlTWyTF9clYBQLcFK73yqeK0gNSU4I-Hag?e=VJmvWC...
  4. Windows Firewall not active

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Firewall not active: Today, I ran into an issue where my Windows Firewall has become inactive and I am not able to active it again. Prior to this, I had no connection to the internet just randomly which was ultimately fixed by running the DHCP Client service as this wasn't running. Then, Firewall...
  5. Windows Firewall not active

Windows Firewall not active: Today, I ran into an issue where my Windows Firewall has become inactive and I am not able to active it again. Prior to this, I had no connection to the internet just randomly which was ultimately fixed by running the DHCP Client service as this wasn't running. Then, Firewall...
  6. What is an organistations activation server?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    What is an organistations activation server?: So i woke up and my windows 10 pro said it needed to be activated and when i type in my product key i get this message : We cant activate windows on this device because we cant connect to your organisations activation server 0x8007232b. Please help me....
  7. Cant activate my win 11 pro after reinstall the system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant activate my win 11 pro after reinstall the system: Error 0xC004C003The activation server determined the specified product key is blocked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-activate-my-win-11-pro-after-reinstall-the/2bfea9d2-94a1-4f48-b37e-18be1890cd94
  8. What is an organistations activation server?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is an organistations activation server?: So i woke up and my windows 10 pro said it needed to be activated and when i type in my product key i get this message : We cant activate windows on this device because we cant connect to your organisations activation server 0x8007232b. Please help me....
  9. Cant activate my win 11 pro after reinstall the system

Cant activate my win 11 pro after reinstall the system: Error 0xC004C003The activation server determined the specified product key is blocked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-activate-my-win-11-pro-after-reinstall-the/2bfea9d2-94a1-4f48-b37e-18be1890cd94
  10. What is an organistations activation server?