Windows 10: Windows not activated after new HD

Discus and support Windows not activated after new HD in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I recently tried to refurbish an old PC that was running Win10 Enterprise by replacing the HD with a SSD, then installing Win10 from scratch using a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Eskimojnr, Jun 8, 2023.

1. Eskimojnr Win User

Windows not activated after new HD

I recently tried to refurbish an old PC that was running Win10 Enterprise by replacing the HD with a SSD, then installing Win10 from scratch using a USB boot thumb drive. I chose Windows 10 Home when presented with the choice, as I plan to give that PC to my wife and don't see the relevance in it being Enterprise for her. I can still see the Windows serial number under the PC. But when Windows is running now, it says it isn't activated and my efforts to activate it by entering the serial number produce this error message "Windows reported that no product key was found on your device.

:)

Eskimojnr, Jun 8, 2023
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Windows not activated after new HD 42853d1485958256t-restoring-windows-10-image-using-macrium-reflect-.jpg
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Jun 8, 2023
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jun 8, 2023
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jun 8, 2023
Thema:

1. Windows not activated after new HD - Similar Threads - activated

2. Windows 10 pro activation key does not work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 pro activation key does not work.: When i put the code in, it says that the key doesn’t work and at the end it says 0xc0000022.What should i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-activation-key-does-not-work/d474ee44-666d-4a71-80c6-6ec2e490e2b2
  3. Windows 10 pro activation key does not work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 pro activation key does not work.: When i put the code in, it says that the key doesn’t work and at the end it says 0xc0000022.What should i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-activation-key-does-not-work/d474ee44-666d-4a71-80c6-6ec2e490e2b2
  4. Can't find old Windows activation key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't find old Windows activation key: Hello, I purchased a Windows activation code from the Microsoft store back in 2019 to use on a PC I had built. I returned the PC shortly after and I was told that the activation key would be linked to my Microsoft account. I have since built a new PC and I cannot find the...
  5. Can't find old Windows activation key

Can't find old Windows activation key: Hello, I purchased a Windows activation code from the Microsoft store back in 2019 to use on a PC I had built. I returned the PC shortly after and I was told that the activation key would be linked to my Microsoft account. I have since built a new PC and I cannot find the...
  6. Windows 10 pro activation key does not work.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Can't find old Windows activation key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  8. Problem with activating windows with no wifi but ethernet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with activating windows with no wifi but ethernet: i bought a pc that has windows activation key inside its BIOS, and i was told that itll activate once i connect to the internet. But the issue is that i dont have a WiFi adapter and only Ethernet connected to my pc, and once i go to the activation panel it tells me that i...
  9. Problem with activating windows with no wifi but ethernet

Problem with activating windows with no wifi but ethernet: i bought a pc that has windows activation key inside its BIOS, and i was told that itll activate once i connect to the internet. But the issue is that i dont have a WiFi adapter and only Ethernet connected to my pc, and once i go to the activation panel it tells me that i...
  10. Windows Activation Issue

Windows Activation Issue: Hi,I bought a brand-new laptop exactly 1yr ago and currently, the system is indication activate window. When I clicked troubleshoot, below was the response I got. License for windows 11 home detected, but system is running on window 11 pro.How do I resolve this? Pls support....