Windows 10: Windows not activated while signed in with Microsoft account

Discus and support Windows not activated while signed in with Microsoft account in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; i just upgraded my PC and installed a new Motherboard and CPU. when i started the computer i have that "Activate Windows" message in the bottom left of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by GeoffRoos, Nov 14, 2019.

1. GeoffRoos Win User

Windows not activated while signed in with Microsoft account

i just upgraded my PC and installed a new Motherboard and CPU. when i started the computer i have that "Activate Windows" message in the bottom left of my screen. i am currently signed in with the same Microsoft account that i was signed into on my previous hardware. But it still says to activate windows, and when i try to troubleshoot it just says it couldn't fix it. I've searched around but cant find a way to fix it.

:)

GeoffRoos, Nov 14, 2019

2. sign into microsoft account glitch

Hi Micheal,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

• Is this the only account on the computer?
    • Was this account upgraded from previous version of Windows?

It looks like you are using a local account. I suggest you follow these steps:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Microsoft account instead.
    • Enter your Local account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the new Microsoft account and click OK.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Waseemulla S, Nov 14, 2019
  3. Teokute Win User
    Cannot sign in microsoft account.

My device: Lumia 520. GDR2.
    I cannot sign in my Microsoft account on my device. It didnt say any error but Microsoft account is not listed in Email and account list. When I click add button, it will show microsoft account option but after press sign in, it is still not shown in email
    and account. Another problem is i cannot delete facebook account. Error code: 0x83cf1202. I have tried as suggested here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2475837/en-us#step0x83cf1202 but as my Microsoft account is not shown, I cannot do step 6. Windows not activated while signed in with Microsoft account :(

Any suggestion?

Teokute, Nov 14, 2019
  4. Windows not activated while signed in with Microsoft account

Microsoft account unusual sign-in activity

Since you have checked your recent activity and confirmed that there were no unusual activities made, please provide us the following information:

• Do you have a new phone from a different provider, or any new apps were installed that might try to sign in using your account?
    • Some apps that sign in on your behalf including email apps and social media apps tied to a Microsoft account.
    • Apps that sign in on your behalf will need to ask for permissions to do so when they are installed, and will prompt you for your Microsoft account and password.
    • Do you remember having to enter your password when you set up any Windows Phone or Windows apps?

If you can't think of any reason why a sign in would occur
    from a different location, we strongly suggest that you reset your password and check for unusual activity on any other accounts that you might have.

If you suspect that your account was compromised, you can do the following:

• If apps, services, or subscriptions were purchased with this account:
    • Sign-in to account.microsoft.com
    • Click Review your purchases and make sure there were no new transactions that you didn't make or expect.
    • Click Billing info and make sure your billing info wasn't changed.
    • If you're using OneDrive to store and share files, photos, or other data:
    • Sign-in to OneDrive.live.com
    • Click Shared on the side menu
    • Review the folders and files that are being shared to make sure files are not being shared with people you don't know or that any shares you made weren't deleted.
    • If you're using an Outlook or Hotmail email account:
    • Sign-in to outlook.com
    • Click the gear-shaped Settings icon, then click Options.
    • Check the following settings and restore any that might have been lost or changed:
    • Check the deleted mail folder and Contacts lists to make sure unusual messages or contacts weren't added, sent, or deleted.
    Please post back with the result for further assistance.

Kerwin Lee, Nov 14, 2019
Thema:

Windows not activated while signed in with Microsoft account

1. Windows not activated while signed in with Microsoft account - Similar Threads - activated while signed

2. Microsoft account unusual sign-in activity email.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft account unusual sign-in activity email.: I got this email that landed in my junk folder that said my Microsoft Account had an unusual sign-in activity. Does this look like a legitimate email?...
  3. "Microsoft account unusual sign-in activity" message................

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Microsoft account unusual sign-in activity" message................: Hi,I got the message bellow found on my Outlook spam folder.Is it a legit message or a spam?How could I identify it?Thank you!=========================================================================Microsoft account team <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***>To:Mon...
  4. "Microsoft account unusual sign-in activity !"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "Microsoft account unusual sign-in activity !": I have received an email from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** about "Microsoft account unusual sign-in activity !". Please verify this the email address....
  5. "Microsoft account unusual sign-in activity"......................

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Microsoft account unusual sign-in activity"......................: Hi,I found the message below on the Junk Email folder of my PC:I do use my Microsoft account on a different device laptop, but its IP is different than the one shown in the message above.How could I find out if that's a legit message from Microsoft or a spam?Thank you,...
  6. "Microsoft account unusual sign-in activity"......................

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Microsoft account unusual sign-in activity"......................: Hi,I found the message below on the Junk Email folder of my PC:I do use my Microsoft account on a different device laptop, but its IP is different than the one shown in the message above.How could I find out if that's a legit message from Microsoft or a spam?Thank you,...
  7. "Microsoft account unusual sign-in activity"......................

8. Microsoft account Unusual sign-in activity

Microsoft account Unusual sign-in activity: Hi,I received a mail from Microsoft Account team. There is no value in platform and browser. After seeing this mail, i was logged in another device and checked. There is no such activity on that time. Is it scam or any threat?please let me know is there any issues....
  9. Windows Can't Activate while My Account Still Signing In

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Can't Activate while My Account Still Signing In: Hello. I have problem with my windows 10 recently. Here's some history: 1. I free-upgraded my Windows 7 to Windows 10. 2. I changed my HDD I cloned it and formatted the old one, VGA, and RAM. 3. Worked perfectly fine for 4 months until recent update. I don't know why but...
  10. Unable to activate, update, or sign into Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to activate, update, or sign into Microsoft Account: Oh bother... I'm running Windows 10 9879 in VMWare Workstation 10, this the third build that has this problem. I cannot and it will not let me sign into my Microsoft Account to start out with. The error code only seems to pertain to some Windows Update error on other...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. signed into microsoft account but windows not activated

2. new laptop signed into microsoft account but windows 10 is not activated