Windows 10: windows not activated, windows reported changed hardware, what do i do?

Discus and support windows not activated, windows reported changed hardware, what do i do? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; this is following a replacement motherboard after the older one "bit the dust", i get on to the annoying activate windows. since i upgraded to win 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by EliMartin3, Aug 3, 2020.

1. windows not activated, windows reported changed hardware, what do i do?

this is following a replacement motherboard after the older one "bit the dust", i get on to the annoying activate windows. since i upgraded to win 10 from win 7, i thought the digital key was going to make the upgrade smooth... i guess that is not the case. i'd prefer not to spend 200 dollars to just get my windows activated again, so what are my options? anything that involves the old motherboard is out of the question, as it no longer posts...

:)

EliMartin3, Aug 3, 2020
  2. HAT
    hat Win User

windows activation—hardware changed siginficantly

From time to time on my thoroughbred PC, I get a Windows activation message that says my hardware changed siginificantly and I have to re-activate Windows. My hardware hasn't changed any more than a network card (went from a wireless g card to onboard lan to a wired network card), and the install is legit. Why is it doing this, and how can I stop it?

3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Unable to activate Windows after hardware change

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Usually the error code 0xC004F213 comes when there is a hardware change done on the computer (like Motherboard or Hard drive). The Windows license is associated with the device hardware. If there is any significant hardware changes, such as replacing
    motherboard or hard drive, Windows won’t be able to recognize the license.

I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps from the article
    Reactivating Windows 10 after a hardware change
    and see if Windows gets activated.

If you are using an OEM computer that came with Windows 7, and the motherboard has not been changed, then you can follow the steps to retrieve the product key that came with your OEM computer. To retrieve the product key follow the steps mentioned
    below:

1. Type Command prompt in the search bar, that is on the taskbar.
    2. Right click on Command prompt icon and select Run as administrator.
    3. Type the command and press on Enter: wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey
    4. You will find the product key.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Aug 3, 2020
  4. Phusius Win User

windows not activated, windows reported changed hardware, what do i do?

How do I get Windows 7 to install on a full 3 TB HDD?

Thanks everyone, much appreciated. Giving this a shot now. I already try converting to GPT once already and it worked, but still only showed 2 TB, however, the steps listed your link Newteki have a few added steps I did not do. Also, I decided to go with Windows 8 Pro since Windows 7 was giving me so much trouble with this issue, yet it still gave me the same problems of only showing 2 TB then a separate 700ish GB drive.

Here goes nothing, thanks all, will be reporting back soon, hozzah!

Phusius, Aug 3, 2020
Thema:

windows not activated, windows reported changed hardware, what do i do?

1. windows not activated, windows reported changed hardware, what do i do? - Similar Threads - activated reported changed

2. Possible Hardware error? What do I do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Possible Hardware error? What do I do?: So for the past three days, I've been having these problems that seem to present at random times while I'm playing games on my HP PC. The games were Subnautica and PowerWash Simulator, if that means anythingI'll just be playing, everything normal, when suddenly, all three of...
  3. Possible Hardware error? What do I do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Possible Hardware error? What do I do?: So for the past three days, I've been having these problems that seem to present at random times while I'm playing games on my HP PC. The games were Subnautica and PowerWash Simulator, if that means anythingI'll just be playing, everything normal, when suddenly, all three of...
  4. How do I re-activate windows 10 after hardware changes.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do I re-activate windows 10 after hardware changes.: Ok, so I upgraded my rig and switched my motherboard amongst other things in my setup. I re-installed win10 via USB and chose "I don't have a product key" and carried on as it was what many tutorials said to do. I fiddle with my new setup after everything finishes and I...
  5. its not allowing me to activate windows what do i do

in Windows 10 Customization
    its not allowing me to activate windows what do i do: help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/its-not-allowing-me-to-activate-windows-what-do-i/dc76be5f-1f6e-4a0f-b6d2-842b1a2e1a88
  6. Sigverif reported a dll file that is not signed. What do i do?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sigverif reported a dll file that is not signed. What do i do?: Hellu, today I was unable to start a game and was suggesting to run a sigverif. After doing that I found out that the file "nvcpl.dll" was not signed. I thought updating or reinstalling the Nvidia Geforce driver might be the solution, however I still encounter this file...
  7. hardware change not activating and microsoft support not answering the phone. what do

hardware change not activating and microsoft support not answering the phone. what do: got a new pc windows wont activate thought the email i have it on and they arent answering the phone after trying multiple times. been pc gaming for years now and already on my second windows key from the last upgrade, Am i really going to have to buy the stupid system for a...
  8. Activating after major hardware change, what am I doing wrong?

Activating after major hardware change, what am I doing wrong?: I'm getting error 0xC004F213 I changed my motherboard, but I activated my last computer before I did this. I am able to find that computer through the troubleshooter, but as the second picture shows, I am unable to activate it. are there any solutions to this?...
  9. How do I activate windows 10 after hardware change?

How do I activate windows 10 after hardware change?: I tried troubleshooting and saying that "I changed hardware on this device recently" but after choosing the old pc it constantly says "We can't reactivate Windows on this device. Try again later. I did get the free upgrade from windows 8 to 10 a couple of years ago and I do...
  10. What do I need to do with the hardware errors found?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What do I need to do with the hardware errors found?: Source Windows Summary Hardware error Date ‎9/‎21/‎2018 9:14 AM Status Report sent Description A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly. Problem signature Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent Code: ab Parameter 1: 4 Parameter 2: 30 Parameter 3: 0...