Windows 10: Windows not activating with a genuine key

Discus and support Windows not activating with a genuine key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So my old setup died on me a couple of days ago. The board decided it was going to die in a spectacular fashion and took out my processor too.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Chomerly, Dec 1, 2018.

1. Chomerly Win User

Windows not activating with a genuine key

So my old setup died on me a couple of days ago. The board decided it was going to die in a spectacular fashion and took out my processor too. Luckily for me I had a spare board and chip so rebuilt the system yesterday. Obviously, because of the hardware change I had to reinstall Windows 10 as the chipsets are different.

I had a bootable USB drive with the Windows 10 Home installer that I created after the free upgrade and I also have a Windows 10 Pro key which is genuine and was used on my system prior to the thing dying on me. I went through the installation process and entered the key when asked and the installation went along fine. However, on the installation completing, I noticed that windows wasn't activated and I couldn't see any obvious reasons why. I signed into my Microsoft account and deleted the old configuration thinking that may be the reason why but still I could not get this installation to activate. I have tried going into the activation menu from the settings option and retyping the key in and I keep getting the same error code 0x803fa067. At first it was 0x4004f00c but then it changed to the former after switching the PC back on today after giving up yesterday.

I had this previously when I swapped out my motherboard and processor to the one that died on my a couple of days ago, but that was with Windows 10 Home. The problem I had there was that I was trying to activate the free upgrade on different hardware. In the end I used my my Windows 8.1 key, from which Windows 10 Home was upgraded, and then it activated. This though, this is just doing my head in as there is no reason for this installation to not activate other than It being tied to the previous setup which I have removed from my account now. It's not like I'm trying to use it on two separate PC's. I couldn't if I wanted to as the old board is dead and beyond salvage.

:)

Chomerly, Dec 1, 2018
  2. warup89 Win User

Windows 7 not genuine problem

It seems like that's an OEM windows copy, it will do that the every time you reinstall the OS. If you have the key, next time you see the "not genuine windows copy" click it and choose to activate by phone, everything else is pretty straight forward as it explains step-by-step. If it doesn't work, then its highly likely that you got a Pirate copy.

warup89, Dec 1, 2018
  3. Problem with my activation in windows 10 - Genuinity

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply.

I suggest you to activate the copy of Windows 10 via phone by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select your Region/Country.
    • Select the Phone Activation option, and hold on for a real person.
    Hope the information is helpful.

Regards

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 1, 2018
  4. Windows not activating with a genuine key

. 'genuine' windows activation

Nothing you're showing or mentioning has anything to do with Activation. You said your Windows reports Activated. I told you how to check if there is a key embedded at factory from Lenovo which is how their laptops normally come. If there is an OEM-BIOS
    key listed then there is no doubt you have normally activated factory preinstalled Windows. If there is no OEM-BIOS key listed then we'd need to sort out how it is activated to make sure there's no Volume License Key or another illegal key used, if this
    was from a 3rd party seller for example.

No one said anything about having to buy another key. To reassure you I told you how to check if it's normally activated like a factory PC from Lenovo comes. Instead of following the steps I gave you brought up having to buy another key which no one has
    suggested. Even if it turns out this was an Amazon 3rd party seller who sold with an illegal key, I was going to help you get it made right by Amazon who always will make it right if notified within a reasonable amount of time. If you want me to help you,
    then follow the steps I gave.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Dec 1, 2018
Thema:

Windows not activating with a genuine key

1. Windows not activating with a genuine key - Similar Threads - activating genuine key

2. Is this window key genuine or not.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is this window key genuine or not.: I want know whether this windows 10 pro key is genuine or not. Please Reply.Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-this-window-key-genuine-or-not/cfc720af-62e5-47dc-b61c-955321b4e507
  3. Genuine Windows is not activated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Genuine Windows is not activated: I have genuine windows 10 installed in my system but the windows is not activated. For activation it requires to connect the system with internet. But due to some organisation policy i can not connect my system to the internet. Due to this problem i am not able to update my...
  4. Genuine Windows is not activated

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Genuine Windows is not activated: I have genuine windows 10 installed in my system but the windows is not activated. For activation it requires to connect the system with internet. But due to some organisation policy i can not connect my system to the internet. Due to this problem i am not able to update my...
  5. Genuine Windows is not activated

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Windows Genuine and Activation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Genuine and Activation: Hello. I have a Windows 7 Ultimate PC. My computer is not activated and not genuine. Whenever I try to activate with the product key, the computer keeps saying "The computer is not genuine". I need help with this....
  7. Windows Genuine and Activation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Genuine and Activation: Hello. I have a Windows 7 Ultimate PC. My computer is not activated and not genuine. Whenever I try to activate with the product key, the computer keeps saying "The computer is not genuine". I need help with this....
  8. Windows refuses to activate with genuine keys

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows refuses to activate with genuine keys: Yup, 0x803f70001 at it again, can't activate windows. got my key, opened slui, typed it, and. yup! 0x803f7001. What can I do to get my key working?...
  9. Unable to activate windows, even with genuine key.

Unable to activate windows, even with genuine key.: For the past months I've had the issue of not being able to activate windows, and after trying everything I could, I still haven't figured it out. [ATTACH] I've tried literally anything, please help me!...
  10. Checking my Windows 10 Activation key is genuine

Checking my Windows 10 Activation key is genuine: Hello, I just purchased a Windows 10 online from an Amazon company. It came in a wrapped Windows box with the USB and Activation key inside. It looks genuine, but I would like to make sure please. I Command Prompt slmgr.vbs /dlv and received the below screenshot:...