Windows 10: Windows not activating with my valid product key after upgrading my PC

Discus and support Windows not activating with my valid product key after upgrading my PC in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I recently upgraded my motherboard, RAM and CPU but now I do not have a licensed Windows. I have a Windows product key and I deactivated it prior to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by henryh95, Mar 26, 2020.

1. henryh95 Win User

Windows not activating with my valid product key after upgrading my PC

I recently upgraded my motherboard, RAM and CPU but now I do not have a licensed Windows. I have a Windows product key and I deactivated it prior to upgrading but now when I used the code it still doesn't work. Note, this Windows product key came with a pre-built PC and I had already successfully transferred it's license once first time I upgraded. After some further searching online, I now realise I might need a digital license as my Windows 10 was the free upgrade from Windows 7, however I don't know if I still have that as I deactivated Windows before changing hardware.

:)

henryh95, Mar 26, 2020

2. Valid Win7 Product Key not accepted by Win 10 upgrade

Hi,

I did not realise I had been at all vague, my apologies.

Unfortunately my neighbour now has his laptop back as I got nowhere. I have suggested he wait until the windows 10 upgrade system makes it available through windows update (it is in the queue).

As stated, I have tried running from the media created by the media creation tool to a USB (this is what I used to successfully upgrade my laptop and surface Pro). I have also run the media creation tool and opted for it to upgrade directly rather than save the files.

The operating system is Win7 Home premium OEM version. The key is valid and I re-validated it to be sure with the MS online actvation system. The laptop is 64-bit.

On each occasion it goes through the initial install steps and then gets to the screen where it asks for the product key.

On this screen there is no skip option and as the product key is not accepted, the only option is to cancel the install.

For some reason the upgrade seems to be taking a different path on this machine and does not give the skip option.

Regards
    Mike

mikepaterson, Mar 26, 2020
  3. Windows is not activated with valid product key

I bought this license and activated this Windows like 1 or 2 years ago, and it's a valid key, I had my Windows Activated and everything works perfectly until today when I saw a watermark at to bottom corner asking me to Activate Windows.

I tried to reenter my product key but it says that I do not have a valid product key and refuse to activate my windows

Is there any solution for this?

P.S. I didn't reinstall my Windows or make any hardware change

DanielRandy, Mar 26, 2020
  4. Superfly Win User

Product Key

Keys are not required for the upgrade process. Windows 10 has a built-in generic key which it uses to install - it acquires the underlying Win7/Win8 activation during the upgrade process and assigns your device ID as a valid Windows 10 activated device. Subsequent installs will thus activate using your device ID. You will not require a key - should you be prompted, select "skip". Activation is automatic thereafter.

See step 6 here: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...n-install.html

Windows not activating with my valid product key after upgrading my PC [​IMG]

Superfly, Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows not activating with my valid product key after upgrading my PC - Similar Threads - activating valid product

2. Activating Windows 10 with Bootcamp and Valid Product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activating Windows 10 with Bootcamp and Valid Product key: I'm trying to activate windows 10 on bootcamp with a valid windows key, and every time I try it fails. I've used this key for a long time now and Microsoft will mot validate my machine...No matter which way I go, I can't activate. Even though I know the keys are all...
  3. Activating Windows 10 with Bootcamp and Valid Product key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activating Windows 10 with Bootcamp and Valid Product key: I'm trying to activate windows 10 on bootcamp with a valid windows key, and every time I try it fails. I've used this key for a long time now and Microsoft will mot validate my machine...No matter which way I go, I can't activate. Even though I know the keys are all...
  4. Recover my original, valid product keys?

Recover my original, valid product keys?: Can Microsoft assist me in recovering my original, valid product keys? I ran a script that was supposed to reveal the product key, but instead changed the product keys. I was attempting to catalogue the product keys from 3 machines in preparation for Win 11 upgrade. I could...
  5. Recover my original, valid product keys?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recover my original, valid product keys?: Can Microsoft assist me in recovering my original, valid product keys? I ran a script that was supposed to reveal the product key, but instead changed the product keys. I was attempting to catalogue the product keys from 3 machines in preparation for Win 11 upgrade. I could...
  6. Recover my original, valid product keys?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. a new key product to activate my pc

in Windows 10 Customization
    a new key product to activate my pc: i need to know how to get a new key product https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-new-key-product-to-activate-my-pc/b83c0848-0c90-4d70-8190-13ba9db68a38
  8. Windows 10 rejecting my valid product key - cannot activate

Windows 10 rejecting my valid product key - cannot activate: From time to time I format my PC and install Windows from the DVD media using the valid product key I have owned for years. This time I upgraded my cpu, motherboard and ram, and formatted. I have already changed motherboard, CPU and ram at least once since I acquired this...
  9. Windows is not activated with valid product key

Windows is not activated with valid product key: I bought this license and activated this Windows like 1 or 2 years ago, and it's a valid key, I had my Windows Activated and everything works perfectly until today when I saw a watermark at to bottom corner asking me to Activate Windows. I tried to reenter my product key...
  10. Windows 10 Upgrade - Failed to Validate Product Key

Windows 10 Upgrade - Failed to Validate Product Key: Good morning all, I am trying to upgrade one of our Laptops in our lab to Windows 10 Pro. It currently has Windows 7 Pro on it, and when I attempt to use the DVD copy I burned I am getting the dreaded "Setup has failed to validate the product key". I went back to my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. check whether a windowns 10 pro license is valid