Windows 10: Windows not allowing me to activate my Key

Discus and support Windows not allowing me to activate my Key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; i've tried this now a multitude of times and yet it still dose not work i've reset my PC a hand full of times to resetting the router and yet nothing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by aidanfoster, Oct 12, 2019.

1. Windows not allowing me to activate my Key

i've tried this now a multitude of times and yet it still dose not work i've reset my PC a hand full of times to resetting the router and yet nothing dose the trick someone please help me out its really been frustrating.

:)

aidanfoster, Oct 12, 2019
  2. Kreij Win User

Activation Key Storage Utility

Key-Z : A Secure Activation Key and Password Storage Utility

Key-Z allows you to store activation keys and passwords in a secure (encrypted)
    file. Key-Z also allows you to make cryptographic hashes for strings or files.

Menu Options
    File
    • Open : Opens a saved Key-Z file. After you select the file you will be prompted
      for your username and PIN number.
    • Save : Save the Key-Z file to the last saved location. You will be prompted for a username and PIN number before the file is saved.
    • Save As : Select where you would like to save the Key-Z file. You will be prompted for a username and PIN number before the file is saved.
    • Close : Close the current Key-Z file and clear all data from the application.
    • Print Preview : Preview print output prior to printing.
    • Print : Print keys and passwords directly to the default printer.
    • Exit : Exit the application
    Options
    • Set Backup Folder : Allows you to select a location to back-up the Key-Z file
      in addition to where you normally save it.
    Help
    • Content : Provides a link to this page.
    • About : Application information.
    Keys Tab
    This allows you to enter, modify or delete activation keys.

Windows not allowing me to activate my Key Capture022.jpg

Filter Groups Dropdown : This allows you to select which group of keys are
    displayed in the Keys DataGridView.
    Group Dropdown : This allows you to select which group you would like to associate
    with an activation key.
    Application TextBox : The name of the application for which the key is used.
    Keys TextBoxes : This is where you enter the activation key segments. If you
    enter a dash "-", your will be taken to the next TextBox automatically. If you
    paste a dash seperated key (ie. 1234-1234-1234) into the first TextBox the
    program will automatically separate it into segments.
    Comments TextBox : For any comments about the key.
    Commit Button : This will add the key to the keys DataGridView after performing
    some data integrity checks.

Password Tabs
    This allows you to create, enter, modify or delete passwords.

Windows not allowing me to activate my Key Capture023.jpg

Filter Groups Dropdown : This allows you to select which group of passwords are
    displayed in the Keys DataGridView.
    Group Dropdown : This allows you to select which group you would like to
    associate with a password.
    Description TextBox : A description saying for what the password is used.
    Alphabetic Character Options:
    Numeric Character Options:
    Special Character Options:
    Length:
    Must Start With:
    Must End With:
    The above drop downs are used to set parameters when generating a password.
    Generate Password Button : Create a random password based upon the password
    option settings.
    Commit : This will add the password to the passwords DataGridView after
    performing some data integrity checks.

Cryptographic Hashes Tab
    This allows you to generate and verify cryptographic hashes created from strings
    of files.

Windows not allowing me to activate my Key Capture024.jpg

Hash Type Dropdown : This allows you to select the type of hash you would like to
    generate.
    Filename : This allows you to enter a filename (path) to used to create the
    cryptographic hash. Check the "string" CheckBox if you want the hash generated
    from the text in the TextBox instead of reading the contents of the file.
    Generate Hash Button : This generates the hash from the above input. You can
    cancel the hash generation using the Stop Button. A spinning icon shows that the
    process is running, and when it is complete it will display the hash in the
    TextBox below it and also report the time that it took to hash the input.
    You can copy and paste a hash string in the second TextBox and it will be
    compared to the first to verify the hashes match.

Application Buttons
    Save : This will save the key and password information to an encrypted file. You
    will be prompted for a file location and name, and also for a username and PIN
    number. If you forget your username and/or PIN number there is no way of
    recovering the data in the encrypted file.
    Exit : This will exit the application.

Additional Information
    Adding a group : To add a new group to either keys of passwords simply commit
    either using any available group and edit the group name in the DataGridView.
    When the Key-Z file is opened it automatically adds the needed groups to the
    dropdowns.
    Removing a group : Simply remove any keys or passwords for that group and save
    the file. When it is re-loaded the group will no longer be available. If you
    remove all of the groups, the default set of groups will be re-added when the
    file is loaded.

The DataGridViews will be sorted alphabetically (ascending) by group whenever you open a file,
    save, print preview or print.

This information is obsolete, please get the latest build you can find at the end of the thread

Kreij, Oct 12, 2019
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    activate windows 7 oem key

There is no difference between the OEM disc and the Retail disc with Windows 7. A retail disc will accept a OEM or Retail key, and vise versa.

If the OEM Key wasn't going to work with the disc you have, it would have stopped you during the install when it first asked you for the key, not during activation.

What is likely the problem is that, since the OEM version has already been activated once, it is failing activation again. Activate it over the phone using the option given to you on the failed activation screen, and you shouldn't have a problem activating it.

newtekie1, Oct 12, 2019
  4. FX-GMC Win User

Windows not allowing me to activate my Key

Windows 8.1 pro + WMC key activation

This worked for me last time with a Win 8 key.

Install Windows 8.1 and enter KMS key during setup. Once in windows change product key to my Windows 8 key. Go to add features and enter my WMC add-on key. Drink a beer to a job well done.

FX-GMC, Oct 12, 2019
Thema:

Windows not allowing me to activate my Key

1. Windows not allowing me to activate my Key - Similar Threads - allowing activate Key

2. PC won't allow me to activate windows

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    PC won't allow me to activate windows: I format my PC after changing motherboard and graphics card since it is not performing well. I did the process and ensure that my Microsoft account is linked to my Windows. I tried and create a bootable media and perform clean installation. It is successful however when I...
  3. PC won't allow me to activate windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC won't allow me to activate windows: I format my PC after changing motherboard and graphics card since it is not performing well. I did the process and ensure that my Microsoft account is linked to my Windows. I tried and create a bootable media and perform clean installation. It is successful however when I...
  4. PC won't allow me to activate windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Formating pc won't allow me to activate windows

Formating pc won't allow me to activate windows: After formatting the device I'm having issue activating my os now. I'm getting the error 0x80004005 when I'm on activation page. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/formating-pc-wont-allow-me-to-activate-windows/069de37a-7d9e-4db8-96e1-0fb518bf9751
  6. my window 10 doesn't allow me to key in the 25th letter for the product key

my window 10 doesn't allow me to key in the 25th letter for the product key: I have purchased an one year subscription for the Microsoft 365 for 5 PCs. I tried to key in the product key to a newly reset PC, but the space for the product key only allowed me to type up to the 24th letter of the key, I could not type the 25th letter. Please help........
  7. my window 10 doesn't allow me to key in the 25th letter for the product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my window 10 doesn't allow me to key in the 25th letter for the product key: I have purchased an one year subscription for the Microsoft 365 for 5 PCs. I tried to key in the product key to a newly reset PC, but the space for the product key only allowed me to type up to the 24th letter of the key, I could not type the 25th letter. Please help........
  8. my window 10 doesn't allow me to key in the 25th letter for the product key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. My PC wont allow me to activate windows.

My PC wont allow me to activate windows.: So I've had my gaming PC for almost a year now. I recently done a update to my drivers and now for some unknown reason it says that my windows isn't activated. I no longer have the original product key I got when I bought my PC as I thought oh I activated it I wont need it no...
  10. Not allowing me to take the path exception to re-activate my windows

Not allowing me to take the path exception to re-activate my windows: Hi, after installing a new motherboard to my computer I've had a problem re-activating my windows 10. I had a digital license because i upgraded from windows 8 to 10 for free. I follow through with all the support steps online and go to the troubleshooter and try doing the...