Windows 10: Windows not allowing me to delete windows apps folder

Discus and support Windows not allowing me to delete windows apps folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I reformatted my sdd with windows on it recently, but when I did that, I forgot to remove over 100 GB of windows apps in my s drive. So, I try to get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Mosoman1011, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Windows not allowing me to delete windows apps folder

I reformatted my sdd with windows on it recently, but when I did that, I forgot to remove over 100 GB of windows apps in my s drive. So, I try to get rid of the folder, and windows doesnt let me. So then I make myself the owner, and it still doesn't work. Does anyone know how to get rid of this folder, its taking up a lot of space.

:)

Mosoman1011, Jul 13, 2020
  2. Anusha Win User

C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink Windows not allowing me to delete windows apps folder ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Jul 13, 2020
  3. RoboX Win User
    Windows 8 - delete windows folders in another drive

I have the problem (from Windows 8) to delete the folders windows and programs on a secondary disk on which it was 7 .... know how to get full control to delete those folders?

RoboX, Jul 13, 2020
  4. Windows not allowing me to delete windows apps folder

Windows 8 - delete windows folders in another drive

Just run "cleanmgr.exe" in the run command or in a command prompt and select the drive you want to clean......

VulkanBros, Jul 13, 2020
Thema:

Windows not allowing me to delete windows apps folder

1. Windows not allowing me to delete windows apps folder - Similar Threads - allowing delete apps

2. Windows does not allow me to install an app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows does not allow me to install an app: I'm trying to install an app but it's not letting me to install any software. I can only install from Microsoft App Store. Any help will be appreciated....
  3. Windows does not allow me to install an app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows does not allow me to install an app: I'm trying to install an app but it's not letting me to install any software. I can only install from Microsoft App Store. Any help will be appreciated....
  4. Windows 10 email app will not allow me to delete Yahoo account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 email app will not allow me to delete Yahoo account: no matter how I go about it Windows 1o on a new laptop no less will not allow me to edit or delete a Yahoo email account set up a couple of weeks ago and will not get or display new emails....
  5. Windows 10 email app will not allow me to delete Yahoo account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 email app will not allow me to delete Yahoo account: no matter how I go about it Windows 1o on a new laptop no less will not allow me to edit or delete a Yahoo email account set up a couple of weeks ago and will not get or display new emails....
  6. Trying to delete a folder, but it won't allow me.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trying to delete a folder, but it won't allow me.: I'm trying to delete a folder , but it won't allow me, can anyone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trying-to-delete-a-folder-but-it-wont-allow-me/f4f1a830-6311-4ae3-99a1-34e027f77806
  7. Windows App not allowing me to use some apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows App not allowing me to use some apps: first of all Idk where to post this I hope someone in here can help me. I've had a problem trying to use "Dolby Access and DTS Sound Unbound" apps I have no problem downloading them or navigating inside the app but when I click Try or Buy options a small window appear for a...
  8. Deleting Windows app folders

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Deleting Windows app folders: Hello I'm having issues with deleting webp Image folder. I have used powershell to remove the provisioned app but it seems to come back whenever a windows update comes around. I would prefer to get delete it forever. Unless there is a way to force the update with powershell....
  9. Windows will not allow me to delete a file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows will not allow me to delete a file: I have recently started having trouble deleting files from my desktop and folders. I am given a similar error message regarding permissions when I attempt to save a document from Word or Excel. I am notified that I require administrator privilege in order to modify the...
  10. Not allowed to Delete folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Not allowed to Delete folders: Hello, Since "Microsoft Solitaire collection" keeps crashing, I uninstalled it. (There are lot of the kind on-line). But then I wanted also to delete the respective folders from the system and was refused. How to delete them from the windows apps folder. Answers will be...