Windows 10: Windows not allowing uTorrent to run

Discus and support Windows not allowing uTorrent to run in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I seem to be in a bit of conundrum here. Every time I start uTorrent, I get a notification of "Potentially unwanted app found" but I get no option... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/pedrorq, Mar 8, 2021.

1. Windows not allowing uTorrent to run

I seem to be in a bit of conundrum here.

Every time I start uTorrent, I get a notification of "Potentially unwanted app found" but I get no option anywhere to allow it to run.

My only option seems to be to go straight to Reputation based protection and completely turn off the "Potentially Unwanted App Blocking"

Is there a way just to tell Windows 10 uTorrent is safe and is OK to run it?

submitted by /u/pedrorq
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/pedrorq, Mar 8, 2021

2. cannot run utorrent installer after updating to windows 10?

Hi Vijay,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

Please answer the following questions so that we can help you.

• Is the issue specific to installing UTorrent?

• Which browser are you using?

Try installing different programs and check and if issue is specific to UTorrent, I suggest you to get in touch with UTorrent support.

Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Mar 8, 2021
  3. uTorrent

Hi!

I've been trying to install uTorrent but it just crashes at the final step of installation. I've never encountered this problem before and I think it is happening because I tried to install uTorrent web. But also I was not able to find any traces of uTorrent
    web in my PC.

khuzaimranawadia, Mar 8, 2021
  4. Windows not allowing uTorrent to run

Utorrent

Hello,

To uninstall the Utorrent app on your laptop, kindly follow the troubleshooting steps below:

• Right-click the Start button and click Control Panel.
    • Go to Programs and Features (if your Control Panel is in Category view, go to
      Uninstall a Program).
    • Find the program you want to uninstall, click it to select it, and then click
      Uninstall.
    Let us know how it goes. We'd be glad to help!

Best.

Raymond Ave, Mar 8, 2021
Thema:

Windows not allowing uTorrent to run

1. Windows not allowing uTorrent to run - Similar Threads - allowing uTorrent run

2. Utorrent is dangerous ??

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Utorrent is dangerous ??: Hi, I used Utorrent for like for 1 year But after updating windows is unsafe.? And I also many people using utorrent even after updating window. Does it really dangerous??...
  3. uTorrent not installing.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    uTorrent not installing.: I downloaded uTorrent setup file from https://www.utorrent.com/downloads/win and I did not download uTorrent web. I downloaded the right file. Then I run the setup and it asked me "Do you want to allow changes to your computer" and I clicked Yes. After that it showed a load...
  4. uTorrent

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    uTorrent: Hi! I've been trying to install uTorrent but it just crashes at the final step of installation. I've never encountered this problem before and I think it is happening because I tried to install uTorrent web. But also I was not able to find any traces of uTorrent web in my...
  5. uTorrent Malfunctioning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    uTorrent Malfunctioning: A few weeks ago I downloaded a software tutorial for AUTOCAD and the sample was mkv but upon downloading it got changed to some unknown extension. I do have a security product installed and it does not show any threats or malware etc I often use kat torrents for mostly...
  6. utorrent and windows 10

utorrent and windows 10: I have performed a clean install of Window 10 Pro, when I installed utorrent 3.2.2 it would not run. I dropped back to 2.2.1 and that installed fine. Windows 7 and uTorrent 3.2.2 worked without issue. I need to move all the torrents from the previous install into this. There...
  7. uTorrent Running Out Of Memory

uTorrent Running Out Of Memory: Hi, I'm using a validated copy of Windows 10 and I was using uTorrent today and suddenly I got a message that it ran out of memory. I've used uTorrent with Windows 10 quite a few times with no problem whatsoever. I tried deleting the torrent and then I tried another one. It...
  8. Utorrent and Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Utorrent and Windows 10: Hi All, Anyone having issues with utorrent 3.2.2 and 2.2.1 and the network icon on bottom right corner of utorrent? Since Windows 10 the Network icon is switching from yellow icon "no incoming connections" to the green icon "ok" continuously. My ports are showing open and...
  9. BSOD after running uTorrent

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after running uTorrent: Attachment 42671 I think it's unrelated, but I'm not really sure. 26308
  10. windows 10 and utorrent

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 and utorrent: recently downloaded windows 10, everything great, have been downloading movies via utorrent prior and after no problem, then about 2-3 weeks after the download go to my movie file and find out all the movies download are gone along with t.v. shows. Had backed all files on...