Windows 10: Windows not booting after converting secondary storage to GPT

Discus and support Windows not booting after converting secondary storage to GPT in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have windows installed on my ssd which is still MBR, since MBR cannot support more than 2TB I converted my secondary storage HDD to GPT using disk... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Yiqi Hu, Nov 30, 2022.

1. Yiqi Hu Win User

Windows not booting after converting secondary storage to GPT

I have windows installed on my ssd which is still MBR, since MBR cannot support more than 2TB I converted my secondary storage HDD to GPT using disk manager. On the next boot my pc was showing “Reboot and Select proper Boot device ecc…”I tried to disconnect the the secondary storage and reboot the system, but I had the same error

:)

Yiqi Hu, Nov 30, 2022

2. Cannot convert GPT to MBR.

Hi Michael,

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

This method you have to backup all your data and delete all partitions and volumes. Then use the
    DISKPART command.

• Open command prompt and type in DISKPART and press Enter
    • Then type in list disk (Note down the number of disk you want to convert to GPT)
    • Then type in select disk number of disk
    • Finally type in convert gpt.
    Hope the information helps. Do reply if you need further assistance.

Anup Karkal, Nov 30, 2022
  3. Smittychat., Nov 30, 2022
  4. topgundcp Win User

Converting MBR to GPT for EFI boot?

@Mystere
    Sorry but did you read the steps I posted ?. What do you mean by: It may boot up, but won't be EFI ? How else does it boot up with a GPT disk ? Here's the screen shot

Windows not booting after converting secondary storage to GPT [​IMG]

topgundcp, Nov 30, 2022
Thema:

1. Windows not booting after converting secondary storage to GPT - Similar Threads - booting converting secondary

2. My windows dont boot after mrb to gpt converting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows dont boot after mrb to gpt converting: I used easels partition master to convert my main drive to gpt so I can boot using uefi but now windows don't boot and say error code 0xc00000000001...
  3. My windows dont boot after mrb to gpt converting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My windows dont boot after mrb to gpt converting: I used easels partition master to convert my main drive to gpt so I can boot using uefi but now windows don't boot and say error code 0xc00000000001...
  4. Windows not booting after converting secondary storage to GPT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows not booting after converting secondary storage to GPT: I have windows installed on my ssd which is still MBR, since MBR cannot support more than 2TB I converted my secondary storage HDD to GPT using disk manager. On the next boot my pc was showing “Reboot and Select proper Boot device ecc…”I tried to disconnect the the secondary...
  5. Windows not booting after converting secondary storage to GPT

Windows not booting after converting secondary storage to GPT: I have windows installed on my ssd which is still MBR, since MBR cannot support more than 2TB I converted my secondary storage HDD to GPT using disk manager. On the next boot my pc was showing “Reboot and Select proper Boot device ecc…”I tried to disconnect the the secondary...
  6. System won't boot after converting main disk to GPT, unless I disconnect secondary disk...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System won't boot after converting main disk to GPT, unless I disconnect secondary disk...: Hello,I have a PC based on Gigabyte B550M DS3H, Rysen 5 3600, 16GB RAM.System disk is a 1Tb Samsung 970 Evo Plus SSD M.2 NVMe and there's also a 4Tb WD Red SATA for storage.Motherboard and SSD have latest firmware installed.OS was Windows 10 64-bit; I thought it was a good...
  7. System won't boot after converting main disk to GPT, unless I disconnect secondary disk...

System won't boot after converting main disk to GPT, unless I disconnect secondary disk...: Hello,I have a PC based on Gigabyte B550M DS3H, Rysen 5 3600, 16GB RAM.System disk is a 1Tb Samsung 970 Evo Plus SSD M.2 NVMe and there's also a 4Tb WD Red SATA for storage.Motherboard and SSD have latest firmware installed.OS was Windows 10 64-bit; I thought it was a good...
  8. Computer Not Booting After Converting MBR to GPT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Not Booting After Converting MBR to GPT: i had recently built my new pc with 4gb ram and an i3 3240 cpu and Asus p8h61 mx motherboard with windows 7. But when i converted my hard disk from MBR to GPT my computer is not booting and there is just a blinking underscore on top left corner. When my computer first came it...
  9. Computer Not Booting After Converting MBR to GPT

Computer Not Booting After Converting MBR to GPT: i had recently built my new pc with 4gb ram and an i3 3240 cpu and Asus p8h61 mx motherboard with windows 7. But when i converted my hard disk from MBR to GPT my computer is not booting and there is just a blinking underscore on top left corner. When my computer first came it...
  10. No boot disk found after converting disk to GPT

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No boot disk found after converting disk to GPT: Converted the disk 0 after deleting all logical partitions on a Dell with UEFI ROM to GPT from MBR which has legacy mounted window 10 pro. After changing Bios from Legacy to Uefi without secure mode, 'No bootable Disk found error message popped. Is there anyway to change...