Windows 10: Windows not booting after latest update - can’t get to safe mode

Discus and support Windows not booting after latest update - can’t get to safe mode in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi. After latest windows update i get this error message then windows tries to undo changes. nno combinations of F keys or commands makes any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PaulBurslem, Apr 26, 2021.

1. Windows not booting after latest update - can’t get to safe mode

Hi. After latest windows update i get this error message then windows tries to undo changes. nno combinations of F keys or commands makes any difference and sustem just loops round and round. does anyone know how to help?

:)

PaulBurslem, Apr 26, 2021

2. Can't boot into Normal/Safe Mode with Networking, only safe mode...

Good Evening,
    I could do with some pointers on resolving an issue. I can only boot into windows in safe mode in Windows 10. Normal mode and safe mode with networking doesn't work. The problem occurred after a windows update. I have removed the latest updates that were installed and cleared any pending ones but it still won't boot properly. I have also run the troubleshooter and tried to recovery to an earlier date which also doesn't work.
    The laptop is a HP ENVY 17 notebook. At boot it just gets to the HP logo with the circular loading icon and no further and can only boot it into safe mode. Can anyone recommend the next steps? I have also tried the following;

• stopping startup items
    • uninstalling hardware drivers
    • removing recent software
    • running troubleshooters at boot
    • sfc scan
    • diagnostic/selective startups with minimal services running
    Would the fact that I cant boot into Safe Mode with Networking imply its a network driver related issue?
    Bit of a dead end really, any help would be much appreciated
    Kind regards
    Trevor

trevstonbury, Apr 26, 2021
  3. Boot into Safe Mode on Windows 10  

I am stuck in Safe Mode in spite of following all the suggested steps to go back to Normal Startup - Like opening file location of msconfig.exe & running as Administrator. The computer I am trying to get out of safe mode has just been updated from Windows 7.

GreatWhiteNorth, Apr 26, 2021
  4. coopfab Win User

Windows not booting after latest update - can’t get to safe mode

Cannot Enter Safe Mode / Computer boots normally

I'm running Win 10 Pro 1903.

Here are the steps I have taken to get into safe mode: Start button, settings, update and security, recovery, advanced startup, troubleshoot, advanced options, startup settings, restart. The computer boots normally, not in safe mode. Any suggestions would be most helpful. Thanks in advance for your help and interest. .

coopfab, Apr 26, 2021
Thema:

Windows not booting after latest update - can’t get to safe mode

1. Windows not booting after latest update - can’t get to safe mode - Similar Threads - booting latest update

2. Can’t get out of safe mode - safe mode boots to command prompt line. Help?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t get out of safe mode - safe mode boots to command prompt line. Help?: I suspected my pc had malware on it so I changed the boot settings in msconfig to safe boot and alternate shell. When I login on safe mode, the only thing displayed is a system32 command prompt. When I exit out of the command prompt the only thing displayed is a black screen....
  3. Can’t get out of safe mode - safe mode boots to command prompt line. Help?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t get out of safe mode - safe mode boots to command prompt line. Help?: I suspected my pc had malware on it so I changed the boot settings in msconfig to safe boot and alternate shell. When I login on safe mode, the only thing displayed is a system32 command prompt. When I exit out of the command prompt the only thing displayed is a black screen....
  4. Can’t get out of safe mode - safe mode boots to command prompt line. Help?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Can’t boot safe mode, but can boot regularly?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t boot safe mode, but can boot regularly?: When I boot up safe mode, my screen is black and my computer is still running. Though, when I boot up my computer regularly it instantly loads up. My computer is running very slow, so I wanted to factory reset it, but it doesn’t seem like I can....
  6. In safe mode and can’t get out!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    In safe mode and can’t get out!: HelloAfter my PC carried out updates, I had a problem with it so entered safe mode. Now I’m stuck in it. If I hold shift and restart, every option I am given requires password which I have forgotten as I have always used a PIN. I am in safe mode without networking. Can anyone...
  7. Can’t get out of safe mode.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can’t get out of safe mode.: How do I get out of safe mode on pc windows. No download link found in Microsoft store. For the switch out of safe mode download. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-get-out-of-safe-mode/062845a7-2fea-49ca-92d1-bc6e79fa5e87
  8. Can’t get into safe mode

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can’t get into safe mode: Hi, I was recently messing around with custom icons and stuff like that when I ran into a problem. I searched for a resolution and was directed to an answer on this telling me to rebuild my cache. I deleted the files and rebooted my computer. After this, I wasn’t able to...
  9. Can’t get to safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can’t get to safe mode: Hi so my problem began when i decided to update a driver for my laptop. Turned out to be a wrong one because when i restarted i got stucked into a blue screen of death loop and everytime it restarts it goes back to blue screen. I figure that if i go to safe mode and uninstall...
  10. Black screen after latest update, can't get into safe mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen after latest update, can't get into safe mode: Hi everyone, My desktop with Windows 10 stopped booting up a few days ago, I updated it and it booted up properly the first time. The computer was then taking forever to shut down so I force shut it off by holding the power button, and now I get the black screen after...