Windows 10: Windows not booting after update, recovery doesn't help

Discus and support Windows not booting after update, recovery doesn't help in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Earlier this morning, Windows tried to install an update, but something went wrong while rebooting, I think. The power didn't go out or anything, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Schneider_B, May 7, 2021.

1. Windows not booting after update, recovery doesn't help

Earlier this morning, Windows tried to install an update, but something went wrong while rebooting, I think. The power didn't go out or anything, I just walked away for a minute and returned to a blue screen with the error "INACCESSIBLE BOOT DRIVE".I tried all of the options in the Windows recovery menu, including the reinstall option, but I keep getting the same error.I can, however, use my pc using a drive SSD from my other pc, where everyting runs just fine. I can even enter, use and install things on the original drive m.2 ssd, so I know it's not broken.I have no idea what else to

:)

Schneider_B, May 7, 2021
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Windows not booting after update, recovery doesn't help [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, May 7, 2021
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks for your answer, ken!
    I deleted all my data. I had have it backed up.

I did a clean installation using the windows media creation tool (usb option).

No, I didn`t. I thought a clean installation would solve the problem.

After posting my previous message, I did it.

Windows not booting after update, recovery doesn't help [​IMG]

After chkdsk, I close cmd and tried to boot and the laptop just turned it off. This morning I`ve restarted it and automatically windows did a repair. Windows has booted and it seems that the repair tool has removed chrome and acrobat pdf reader (the only two programs I had installed after reinstalling windows).

Now Windows is installing updates and restarting my lapop, I`m kind of frightened. I don`t want it to happen again. Anyhow, I want to know what has brought the issue

I`ve been looking for information about the error code at the end of the picture and I didn`t get anywhere.

BetoLP, May 7, 2021
  4. topgundcp Win User

Windows not booting after update, recovery doesn't help

How does Windows boot to advanced recovery option e.g. command prompt?

- that gives me a 454 'Unexpected error' This tells me that the BCD is partially corrupted.

The commands: shutdown.exe /r /o /f /t 00
    or: %SystemRoot%\System32\Cmd.exe /c reagentc /boottore&shutdown /r /f /t 00
    should boot into Recovery if everything is configured correctly.
    FYI, If Windows is configured correctly:
    1. If Reagentc is disabled, you still can get into Recovery but with limited options.
    2. If Reagentc is enabled, you'll get all options.
    3. If you boot Windows using Recovery USB stick, You'll get into Recovery with couple of options missing.

Here's my suggestion if you want to try:
    OPTION 1: Will save the trouble of re-install Windows.

1. Download the image of my first 3 partitions (450MB Recovery, 100 MB EFI partition, and 16MB unformatted primary)
      EFI_Boot-00-00.7z - Google Drive
    2. Run Macrium and restore the image from step 1, overwriting your existing 1st three partitions, leaving C alone.
    3. Delete the 490MB Recovery partition.
    4. From Macrium, run fix boot problems.
    5. Reboot. Open Admin command prompt then run Reagentc /info to make sure that it is enabled. If not, enable it.
      if failed to enable, reboot and try again.
    OPTION 2: Assuming you've already had Windows backup with Macrium.

1. Wipe out the first 5 parttiions. (450MB, 100MB, 16MB, C Drive, 480MB)
    2. Fresh install Windows 10
    3. Restore C drive from backup image, run fix boot problems
    4. repeat step 5 from OPTION 1 above.

topgundcp, May 7, 2021
Thema:

Windows not booting after update, recovery doesn't help

1. Windows not booting after update, recovery doesn't help - Similar Threads - booting update recovery

2. Windows 11 doesn't boot after last update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 doesn't boot after last update: After some updates, windows 11 OS boot doesn't work, meaning the windows log-in screen never displays. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-doesnt-boot-after-last-update/5101bc5e-e2f5-4f56-8e62-279cf6b2d372
  3. Windows 11 doesn't boot after last update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 doesn't boot after last update: After some updates, windows 11 OS boot doesn't work, meaning the windows log-in screen never displays. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-doesnt-boot-after-last-update/5101bc5e-e2f5-4f56-8e62-279cf6b2d372
  4. My windows doesn't boot after updating drivers

My windows doesn't boot after updating drivers: I was trying to update my windows, at the same time my windows 10 had downloaded an update so it required a reboot. After restarting the laptop, there comes this message "Automatic repair" and it tells me to either restart again or go to "advanced options" I tried to restart...
  5. My windows doesn't boot after updating drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows doesn't boot after updating drivers: I was trying to update my windows, at the same time my windows 10 had downloaded an update so it required a reboot. After restarting the laptop, there comes this message "Automatic repair" and it tells me to either restart again or go to "advanced options" I tried to restart...
  6. My windows doesn't boot after updating drivers

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Windows doesn't boot correctly after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows doesn't boot correctly after update: My PC will not boot windows correctly and the auto repair is unable to diagnose the problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-doesnt-boot-correctly-after-update/fe54b03c-5a9c-4c00-95c8-7b461ce15275
  8. Windows doesn't boot correctly after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows doesn't boot correctly after update: My PC will not boot windows correctly and the auto repair is unable to diagnose the problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-doesnt-boot-correctly-after-update/fe54b03c-5a9c-4c00-95c8-7b461ce15275
  9. Windows doesn't boot correctly after update

10. Boot / recovery/bitlocker issue after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Boot / recovery/bitlocker issue after update: Hardsribe was encrypted with bit locker. After update mhy computer was asking for my recovery key code. Witch did not work. Now i cannot even bring up repair menu. Wont boot saying: NON SYSTEM DISK ERROR. CAN SOMEONE HELP GET ME AT LEAST TO A POINT WHERE I CAN RESET...