Windows 10: Windows not booting after updating amd radeon driver

Discus and support Windows not booting after updating amd radeon driver in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I decided this afternoon to update my AMD Radeon HD 8730m graphics card on my laptop. After downloading and installing the latest update, my screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SirBabushka, Apr 8, 2020.

1. Windows not booting after updating amd radeon driver

I decided this afternoon to update my AMD Radeon HD 8730m graphics card on my laptop. After downloading and installing the latest update, my screen froze when the installation was finished. Deciding to restart my laptop, it didn't want to boot windows and hasn't wanted since. I tried booting windows through safe mode, but this didn't work either. Attempting system restore to several restore points hasn't worked either, giving the error 0x8007007e every time. Pretty much every other option in the advanced problem solving section hasn't worked, because windows tells me something went wrong. Even a factory reset which would keep my files, but delete all other applications gives an error, saying there was an error resetting the pc. I feel like I am out of options without deleting the files on the computer. I really do not want to lose some files on the hard drive, what do I do to get out of this mess?

:)

SirBabushka, Apr 8, 2020

2. Driver Error AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5000

ok, it didn't work after all. windows update has seemingly installed another
    driver update for my amd mobility radeon hd 5000, this time breaking it again.

i tried what you suggested step by step, but that didn't work either. I'll try it again with running a win 7 driver in compatibility between steps two and three and keep you posted on the results.

WanjaLeuthold, Apr 8, 2020
  3. JD_1919 Win User
    AMD Radeon Drivers

I have a Dell Inspiron 15 3000 laptop. The last build that worked correctly was 1803. All builds after that have had bad AMD Radeon video drivers. Driver updates from AMD do not solve the problem. Windows works in Safe Mode but studders in normal boot
    on all apps and programs. To fix I have had to disable the display driver in control panel. Anyone else have this issue?

JD_1919, Apr 8, 2020
  4. NMUK Win User

Windows not booting after updating amd radeon driver

AMD ATI Radeon HD 3450

Hi,

After many users reporting the same issue after AMD Windows 10 Nov 2017 update where rolling back driver was not working we found the steps to resolve this for all of them at AMD mobility Radeon HD4500 not working after windows 10 update - Windows 10 Help Forums

Extracted steps from this article and post by psylocyble/jcorallo:

• Device Manager
    • Display Adapters and right click on your installed adapter
    • Choose Update Driver
    • "Browse my computer for driver software"
    • Click "Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer"
    • In the list choose an older driver and click Next

In our case it was the 2015 driver which resolved the issue for most users.

Microsoft or ATI/AMD have made an major mistake in releasing these updates as we have received many calls in the last 3 working days from clients, for some reason is using Microsoft generic drivers instead after the update.

Hope this helps you and others.

NMUK, Apr 8, 2020
Thema:

Windows not booting after updating amd radeon driver

1. Windows not booting after updating amd radeon driver - Similar Threads - booting updating amd

2. Can't enter to desktop after AMD radeon graphics driver updated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't enter to desktop after AMD radeon graphics driver updated: I updated my AMD radeon graphic driver using ccleaner.After that it required me to restartso I restarted it .Then it didn't enter .I pressed every key.Screen was stopped nothing work.And I turned off and turned on the spinning circle was stuck.And the bluescreen.With Clock...
  3. Can't enter to desktop after AMD radeon graphics driver updated

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't enter to desktop after AMD radeon graphics driver updated: I updated my AMD radeon graphic driver using ccleaner.After that it required me to restartso I restarted it .Then it didn't enter .I pressed every key.Screen was stopped nothing work.And I turned off and turned on the spinning circle was stuck.And the bluescreen.With Clock...
  4. Can't enter to desktop after AMD radeon graphics driver updated

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. AMD display driver/Radeon Software update problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AMD display driver/Radeon Software update problem: I have installed the latest AMD display driver Radeon Software on my Asus Rog Strix Laptop, however, each time windows update trying to update this driver to an older version.In device manager, it shows the latest driver is installed but in windows update, it's trying to...
  6. AMD Radeon Drivers not getting updated in windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AMD Radeon Drivers not getting updated in windows 10: I am trying to update my AMD Radeon M430 but the device manager shows that the best version is already installed. However, the version I have currently installed in from 2016. I have tried downloading and running the update manually but it still shows that the old drivers are...
  7. AMD Radeon Drivers not gtting updated in windows 10

AMD Radeon Drivers not gtting updated in windows 10: I am trying to update my AMD Radeon M430 but the device manager shows that the best version is already installed. However, the version I have currently installed in from 2016. I have tried downloading and running the update manually but it still shows that the old drivers are...
  8. AMD Radeon Drivers

AMD Radeon Drivers: I have a Dell Inspiron 15 3000 laptop. The last build that worked correctly was 1803. All builds after that have had bad AMD Radeon video drivers. Driver updates from AMD do not solve the problem. Windows works in Safe Mode but studders in normal boot on all apps and...
  9. AMD Radeon drivers

AMD Radeon drivers: Why do AMD graphics card drivers need Windows to be fully updated unlike NVIDIA? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amd-radeon-drivers/9f190e98-7db9-4a9e-96f1-e1ae719c3731
  10. AMD Radeon 6370M brightness problem after update driver

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    AMD Radeon 6370M brightness problem after update driver: Hi, I updated from Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro RTM, everything looks fine till I update the Graphic Card drivers to the latest ones (15.7.1). After the drivers update, brightness control stop working in all the ways (fn keys, control panel, etc). When I move the...