Windows 10: Windows not booting Automatic repair and bootable usb don't work.

Discus and support Windows not booting Automatic repair and bootable usb don't work. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi,I turned on my pc today and windows got stuck booting forever I tried to go into automatic repair but it was just a black screen with a cursor... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MinkoBinko, May 14, 2021.

1. Windows not booting Automatic repair and bootable usb don't work.

Hi,I turned on my pc today and windows got stuck booting forever I tried to go into automatic repair but it was just a black screen with a cursor .After that didn't work i went and made a bootable USB drive and the same thing happened blank blue screen with a cursor.Does anybody have a solution to this? I have looked everywhere online and found nothing. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

MinkoBinko, May 14, 2021
  2. Agility Win User

Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, May 14, 2021
  3. Windows 10 random automatic repair after changing boot priority.

Hello. So i have an Windows 10 Pro. Sometimes when i am changing in bios boot order from USB to HDD ( SDD ) windows starts booting with AUTOMATIC REPAIR and then restarting. Is this something with BIOS \ Windows 10 bug related? Tested on pc and on laptop , and sometimes it doing the same.

Situation on PC first,listen:

Few days ago after i change boot in UEFI BIOS from USB to SSD.
    Then Windows 10 showed at 1 boot Automatic Repair.
    When starting Windows 10 boot loader starts by "preparing automatic repair" and diagnosing pc.
    Interesting is that if I restart Windows (after procedure mentioned earlier) it will boot normally. This startup problem was occured only when starting system again after shutdown or restarted pc from windows.So i was needed 2 boots to boot properly to windows.
    But on pc, format was needed to remove completely issue and after format is fine.

Pc :
    2x8gb Kingston Hyperx 1600mhz DDR3
    SSD samsung Evo 250 gb
    4790k stock
    Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 with UEFI BIOS

Now laptop with old standard bios:
    On laptop i made the same operation, change boot from USB to HDD and on first boot Windows 10 shows Automatic Repair. But it happened once and i cant reproduce. No format was needed.

laptop is very old with 2gb ram

Why on pc format was needed when on laptop not?

Thanks for suggestions.

litwicki24, May 14, 2021
  4. Windows not booting Automatic repair and bootable usb don't work.

Automatic Repair

If you're unable to perform the above troubleshooting steps, we suggest that you perform a startup repair using Windows 10 bootable DVD or USB drive. Here's how:

• Download Windows 10 on a bootable DVD or USB drive through this
      link
    • Insert the installation DVD or USB.
    • In the Windows setup page, select the Language to install,
      Time and currency format,
      and the keyboard or input method, then click
      Next.
    • Click on Repair your computer, then select Troubleshoot.
    • Click on Advanced options >Automatic Repair.
    • Select the operating system.
    Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rachelle Gra, May 14, 2021
Thema:

Windows not booting Automatic repair and bootable usb don't work.

1. Windows not booting Automatic repair and bootable usb don't work. - Similar Threads - booting Automatic repair

2. Windows 11 freezes loading automatic repair, and with repair bootable flash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 freezes loading automatic repair, and with repair bootable flash: Upon booting my computer tonight it froze on the motherboard splash/ windows loading spiral almost instantly. Tried restarting and it will boot to the same screen, turn itself off, and boot into automatic repair just to freeze again. I didn't use it for 2 or 3 days and it was...
  3. Bootable USB not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bootable USB not working: My primary laptop, out of blue, couldn't boot from its Hard drive. Automatic Repair did appear, but that also stopped after once, no options being shown. I suspected it was because my hard drive got corrupted. I got a pendrive, made it bootable using media creation tool.Now,...
  4. Bootable USB not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bootable USB not working: My primary laptop, out of blue, couldn't boot from its Hard drive. Automatic Repair did appear, but that also stopped after once, no options being shown. I suspected it was because my hard drive got corrupted. I got a pendrive, made it bootable using media creation tool.Now,...
  5. Windows bootable USB not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows bootable USB not working: I'm giving my laptop to my mom so now I'm switching its OS from Pop!_OS to Windows 10. I downloaded the windows 10 20H2 ISO. I also formatted the USB to Fat32 and copied the ISO's contents into it except for install.wim. install.wim was too large so using wimtools, I split...
  6. Windows Boot, Automatic Repair

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Boot, Automatic Repair: Hello! I have a laptop with an ssd and a hdd, my os is installed in my ssd and I keep the hard drive as extra storage with 3 partitions in it. I also get these these errors that windwos was telling me to diagnose my e:/drive and when was installing a new driver for my...
  7. Windows boot - Automatic Repair

Windows boot - Automatic Repair: Hello, I've plugged in a disk which was not in use for 1 to 2 years. It has Win 10 Pro installed. The welcome screen appeared and I didn't sign in, I only restarted the machine. I changed the date in BIOS - I reverted it for 4 years. Now the Automatic Repair screen keeps...
  8. Bootable usb don't work

Bootable usb don't work: One month ago, I installed ubuntu and deleted windows 10. Now I have problem with making bootable usb. I can't make pendrive with 64x win10, because FAT32 can handle file to only 4GB. So I tried 32x version. When I downloaded Iso, formatted drive and copied files, pendrive...
  9. Windows 10 automatic repair loop, bootable windows usb not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 automatic repair loop, bootable windows usb not working: Upon turning it on my desktop displays the blue screen with the following message: "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We'll restart for you." Underneath this message it includes a stop code for the error and every boot up the stop code changes. There is no...
  10. BSOD after automatic repair loop or USB boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after automatic repair loop or USB boot: Hi all, I have a pretty resistant BSOD problem. It started after the tablet (Dell Latitude 5175, running Windows 10 with auto updates) froze while hooked to a TV via microHDMI. I got a blue screen, with Windows collecting information - can't remember much more, as I...