Windows 10: Windows not booting properly

Discus and support Windows not booting properly in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I today randomly got the DPC Watchdog Error code. I just updated to a new version of Windows 10 last night. I can't reset my PC at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/indenmiesen, Jan 14, 2021.

1. Windows not booting properly

Hello everyone,

I today randomly got the DPC Watchdog Error code. I just updated to a new version of Windows 10 last night. I can't reset my PC at all, I can't boot into Safe Mode, Windows doesn't let me do anything. I don't get beyond the startup bluescreen. I can reboot as often as I want, nothing happens.

The original bluescreen occured whilst opening the desktop Netflix app, my screen froze and 15-20 secs later the bluescreen appeared. I didn't have it running for a long time, I didn't install any new software or drivers apart from the Windows update.

Meanwhile, I can't do anything. I can't boot into Windows, but I can't reset my PC either.

Thanks in advance.

submitted by /u/indenmiesen
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/indenmiesen, Jan 14, 2021
  2. GNJha Win User

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Jan 14, 2021
  3. windows not properly booting after crash

Hi,

Thanks for the update and response.

I recommend you to create an installation media for Windows 10, boot the device using the media, access Command Prompt from Windows recovery Environment, enter the below commands to re-build the boot record and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to create an installation media for
    Windows 10
    using the media creation tool:

Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool

Step 2: After preparing the installation media, insert it hard reboot the device and follow the below:

• Boot into Windows Recovery Environment using the Windows 10 installation media.
    • Click on Repair your computer.
    • Click on Troubleshoot and in the Advanced options.
    • Select Command Prompt. Type the following commands into the prompt and press Enter key after each command.
    • bootrec /fixmbr
    • bootrec /fixboot
    • bootrec /scanos
    • bootrec /rebuildbcd
    5. Click Turn off your PC.

6. Turn the PC back on and it should boot directly into Windows.

NOTE: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring
    of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Let us know whether the issue regarding the booting of operating system is resolved. We will be glad to help you further.

Anup Karkal, Jan 14, 2021
  4. Windows not booting properly

PC wont boot up (No POST, No Video)

I recently installed a new Asus M5A99X Evo r2.0. The motherboard green LED lights up and the case and cpu fans spin. But there is no video when its hooked up to my monitor.

Steps that i have tried:
    "No POST", "system won't boot", and "no video output" troubleshooting checklist

Made sure all connections are properly connected.

Flashing the CMOS

Tested the PSU

Followed all steps in the user manual

If there are any links that you guys can point me to or suggestions that could help it would be highly appreciated. Thank you

Mrblack761, Jan 14, 2021
Thema:

Windows not booting properly

1. Windows not booting properly - Similar Threads - booting properly

2. "Restart and select proper boot or insert boot and press key" error???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Restart and select proper boot or insert boot and press key" error???: Tried to hop on my computer this morning only to be greeted with the "restart and select proper boot or insert boot and press key" message. Tried to look up how to fix this but nothing online matches the screen on my pc. Using a 2014 acer computer with windows 8.1. Boot...
  3. "Restart and select proper boot or insert boot and press key" error???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Restart and select proper boot or insert boot and press key" error???: Tried to hop on my computer this morning only to be greeted with the "restart and select proper boot or insert boot and press key" message. Tried to look up how to fix this but nothing online matches the screen on my pc. Using a 2014 acer computer with windows 8.1. Boot...
  4. Can’t turn on Laptop due to Window issue “Reboot and Select proper Boot device”

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t turn on Laptop due to Window issue “Reboot and Select proper Boot device”: Hi,While I’m using the laptop, it suddenly stuck and show message ‘Reboot and Select Proper boot Device’. I tried to restart several times and the issue remains. I also check Bios at boot to prioritize’Windows Boot Manager P0: ST1000LM035-1RK172’ to be Boot option #1 and it...
  5. Can’t turn on Laptop due to Window issue “Reboot and Select proper Boot device”

Can’t turn on Laptop due to Window issue “Reboot and Select proper Boot device”: Hi,While I’m using the laptop, it suddenly stuck and show message ‘Reboot and Select Proper boot Device’. I tried to restart several times and the issue remains. I also check Bios at boot to prioritize’Windows Boot Manager P0: ST1000LM035-1RK172’ to be Boot option #1 and it...
  6. Can’t turn on Laptop due to Window issue “Reboot and Select proper Boot device”

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. reboot and select proper boot device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    reboot and select proper boot device: I have a desktop computer that I put a new hard drive in, I can go to the bios menu and the new hard drive is supported. But still boots up with reboot and select proper boot device...
  8. reboot and select proper boot device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    reboot and select proper boot device: I have a desktop computer that I put a new hard drive in, I can go to the bios menu and the new hard drive is supported. But still boots up with reboot and select proper boot device...
  9. reboot and select proper boot device

10. Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press...: First day: activate windows watermark, slow and laggy performance than usual and a crash appeared, restarted automatically and was good all againSecond day: after logging with password a black screen would appear but mouse cursor was visible. Later new problem arises saying...