Windows 10: Windows not booting, showing black screen even in automatic system repair and while booting...

Discus and support Windows not booting, showing black screen even in automatic system repair and while booting... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Laptop was showing bad system config info so I did a system restore but instead of solving the issue now windows is showing black screen even in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Preetam Yadav, Mar 11, 2019.

1. Windows not booting, showing black screen even in automatic system repair and while booting...

Laptop was showing bad system config info so I did a system restore but instead of solving the issue now windows is showing black screen even in automatic system repair and the same if I try to boot in with USB. Resulting to which I can't even flash windows again.

I have a Asus laptop with windows 10 installed.

:)

Preetam Yadav, Mar 11, 2019

2. Windows 10 random automatic repair after changing boot priority.

Hello. So i have an Windows 10 Pro. Sometimes when i am changing in bios boot order from USB to HDD ( SDD ) windows starts booting with AUTOMATIC REPAIR and then restarting. Is this something with BIOS \ Windows 10 bug related? Tested on pc and on laptop , and sometimes it doing the same.

Situation on PC first,listen:

Few days ago after i change boot in UEFI BIOS from USB to SSD.
    Then Windows 10 showed at 1 boot Automatic Repair.
    When starting Windows 10 boot loader starts by "preparing automatic repair" and diagnosing pc.
    Interesting is that if I restart Windows (after procedure mentioned earlier) it will boot normally. This startup problem was occured only when starting system again after shutdown or restarted pc from windows.So i was needed 2 boots to boot properly to windows.
    But on pc, format was needed to remove completely issue and after format is fine.

Pc :
    2x8gb Kingston Hyperx 1600mhz DDR3
    SSD samsung Evo 250 gb
    4790k stock
    Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 with UEFI BIOS

Now laptop with old standard bios:
    On laptop i made the same operation, change boot from USB to HDD and on first boot Windows 10 shows Automatic Repair. But it happened once and i cant reproduce. No format was needed.

laptop is very old with 2gb ram

Why on pc format was needed when on laptop not?

Thanks for suggestions.

litwicki24, Mar 11, 2019
  3. spy2520 Win User
    boot repairs?

i updated the bios on my rampage formula. And now for some reason my system automatically boots to Windows XP and i dont have the usual choices of OSes. I have been triple-booting XP, Vista, and Windows 7 for a while now, and i always got the boot screen where i could choose which one.

I tried putting the discs in and repairing the boot sector or whatever its called for both Vista and Windows 7 and it didnt work. It was kinda automated in that i would choose the repair option and it would automatically pop up that the boot record was missing or corrupt and asked me if i wanted to repair that. It did this for Windows 7 and Vista. Both the partitions are recognized as Windows partitions when using the repair feature. But it still just boots into XP. I can figure it out. I guess i could wipe it and reinstall all 3.

spy2520, Mar 11, 2019
  4. Windows not booting, showing black screen even in automatic system repair and while booting...

Windows 10 - Automatic Repair - boots in 2nd cycle

Hello. This is similiar topic on our forum but now i will explain more brighter.
    So last time after i change in my UEFI boot priority from :"UEFI USB KINGSTON" to "P1 SSD SAMSUNG EVO 250 GB" i am getting weird booting problem with Windows 10.

Windows not booting, showing black screen even in automatic system repair and while booting... [​IMG]

When starting Windows 10 boot loader starts by "preparing automatic repair" and diagnosing pc. Then after this i get screen with Your pc did not start correctly or Automatic Repair couldnt repair your pc . And when i click restart then Windows 10 boot fine. So i am needing 2 boots to boot properly to windows.

My disk is on MBR partirion. Is this related to my UEFI/Partitions?

Somebody said to me this:"UEFI booting requires a GPT disk. This is why Windows has to fix itself and only boots in 2nd cycle - as you keep trying to boot UEFI to an MBR disk."

Also i know that UEFI firmware can emulate BIOS functionality (CSM/Legacy) and work with MBR disks just fine. Or i am wrong? And cause is elsewhere?

I am a little confused. Thx for reply. My ssd Samsung Evo 250 GB , rams 2x8gb DDR3 Kingston Hyperx 1600mhz.

litwicki24, Mar 11, 2019
Thema:

Windows not booting, showing black screen even in automatic system repair and while booting...

1. Windows not booting, showing black screen even in automatic system repair and while booting... - Similar Threads - booting showing black

2. Winows does not boot and showing automatic repair.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Winows does not boot and showing automatic repair.: Windows 10 not able to boot,after automatic repair noting happen,windows failed to boot. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/winows-does-not-boot-and-showing-automatic-repair/61cea1ff-500e-4214-b032-410d3822aadc
  3. Winows does not boot and showing automatic repair.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Winows does not boot and showing automatic repair.: Windows 10 not able to boot,after automatic repair noting happen,windows failed to boot. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/winows-does-not-boot-and-showing-automatic-repair/61cea1ff-500e-4214-b032-410d3822aadc
  4. Windows 10 preparing automatic repair then Black screen. Booting problem

Windows 10 preparing automatic repair then Black screen. Booting problem: Hi,I am facing a problem.I turn on my windows 10 desktop pc this morning. After starting it runs normally and I use it 30 minutes then I Shut down it normally. After one hour I again turn on my pc but it stuck on then Windows 10 loading screen logo with spinning dots and even...
  5. Windows Boot, Automatic Repair

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Boot, Automatic Repair: Hello! I have a laptop with an ssd and a hdd, my os is installed in my ssd and I keep the hard drive as extra storage with 3 partitions in it. I also get these these errors that windwos was telling me to diagnose my e:/drive and when was installing a new driver for my...
  6. Windows boot - Automatic Repair

Windows boot - Automatic Repair: Hello, I've plugged in a disk which was not in use for 1 to 2 years. It has Win 10 Pro installed. The welcome screen appeared and I didn't sign in, I only restarted the machine. I changed the date in BIOS - I reverted it for 4 years. Now the Automatic Repair screen keeps...
  7. Automatic repair loop and black screen on usb boot attempt

Automatic repair loop and black screen on usb boot attempt: Hello everyone. As a non english speaker, I'll try to be the more precise as I can. Sorry for the mistakes that I could leave ! I'm facing a really strange problem and I feel I tried everything I can without success. I got an ACER computer on which I installed Windows...
  8. PC shows Automatic Repair screen after booting

PC shows Automatic Repair screen after booting: [IMG]This appeared on my screen when i turned it on and I restarted it many times but it didnt work. I went to the advanced options and tried to trouble shoot but it also couldnt help me. I clicked Reset this pc after I clicked troubleshoot this pc but it just told me it...
  9. Black screen on boot after initiating automatic repair (Windows 10)

Black screen on boot after initiating automatic repair (Windows 10): Hello I'm speaking on behalf for a problem on my dads computer. A month ago when trying to restart the computer (It had not been rebooted in roughly 6 months) It came up with the "operating system not found try disconnecting any drives" error message. I removed all drives...
  10. Infinite Boot Loop/Automatic Repair Black Screen

Infinite Boot Loop/Automatic Repair Black Screen: I'm having some issues accessing the Advanced Start up menu, or Windows Recovery Enviroment. I can't get past the initial boot up an either restarts, or gets stuck on a black screen. So the other methods of getting to the Advanced menu, or Windows RE, besides the shutting...