Windows 10: Windows not booting up after reinstall

Discus and support Windows not booting up after reinstall in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a dell laptop (about 4-6yrs old) and I had to reinstall windows 10 via a bootable usb. In the setup it showed my 1TB harddrive and installed it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/justadudeperson1, Jul 12, 2020.

1. Windows not booting up after reinstall

I have a dell laptop (about 4-6yrs old) and I had to reinstall windows 10 via a bootable usb. In the setup it showed my 1TB harddrive and installed it. Now the issue is that it doesn't start up after the whole setup thing where it asks for your name and other settings. It's just a black screen.

If the boot mode is set to legacy then I get the errors:

"PXE-E61: Media Test Failure, Check Cable." "PXE-M0F : Exiting PXE ROM. No boot device found. Press any key to reboot. "

Any ideas what's happening?

Edit: It showed a "windows couldn't start" error, so I went into the advanced options>change start settings or something >booted into safe mode with networking. It started up for now but I still don't what's going on.

Edit2: restarted. And its stuck on Black screen again. Its been like that for a while

submitted by /u/justadudeperson1
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/justadudeperson1, Jul 12, 2020
  2. Jborg Win User

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

10 Tips for SSD Optimization in Windows 7 - Part 1

Looks to be similar to this: SSD Optimization for your Windows Gaming PC and Tips and Tricks

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Jul 12, 2020
  3. PC wont boot up (No POST, No Video)

I recently installed a new Asus M5A99X Evo r2.0. The motherboard green LED lights up and the case and cpu fans spin. But there is no video when its hooked up to my monitor.

Steps that i have tried:
    "No POST", "system won't boot", and "no video output" troubleshooting checklist

Made sure all connections are properly connected.

Flashing the CMOS

Tested the PSU

Followed all steps in the user manual

If there are any links that you guys can point me to or suggestions that could help it would be highly appreciated. Thank you

Mrblack761, Jul 12, 2020
  4. Windows not booting up after reinstall

Windows 10 after latest update, laptop will no boot up

Hello,

Let us further isolate your concern by answering the question below:

• Were you able to set the DVD as the primary boot device after inserting it to the computer?
    We suggest that you follow the steps in this link.

Let us know how it goes.

Jamille Nar, Jul 12, 2020
Thema:

Windows not booting up after reinstall

1. Windows not booting up after reinstall - Similar Threads - booting reinstall

2. Can I move Windows Boot Manager to another drive without reinstalling windows?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can I move Windows Boot Manager to another drive without reinstalling windows?: I want to remove that hard drive from pc because it is starting to fail https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-move-windows-boot-manager-to-another-drive/49d45fc6-2fe3-43fe-961d-0c7e6037786d
  3. Can I move Windows Boot Manager to another drive without reinstalling windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I move Windows Boot Manager to another drive without reinstalling windows?: I want to remove that hard drive from pc because it is starting to fail https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-move-windows-boot-manager-to-another-drive/49d45fc6-2fe3-43fe-961d-0c7e6037786d
  4. Can I move Windows Boot Manager to another drive without reinstalling windows?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. WIndows Laptop stuck in boot loop while windows was beign reinstalled,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIndows Laptop stuck in boot loop while windows was beign reinstalled,: My Windows laptop had an update windows 11 and my computer showed a blue screen of death, so I reinstalled Windows, but during the installation, the laptop died and it's now stuck in a reboot loop saying error installing Windows try again. What should I do?Computer...
  6. WIndows Laptop stuck in boot loop while windows was beign reinstalled,

WIndows Laptop stuck in boot loop while windows was beign reinstalled,: My Windows laptop had an update windows 11 and my computer showed a blue screen of death, so I reinstalled Windows, but during the installation, the laptop died and it's now stuck in a reboot loop saying error installing Windows try again. What should I do?Computer...
  7. WIndows Laptop stuck in boot loop while windows was beign reinstalled,

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. How do I reinstall windows when I can't make it past boot?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I reinstall windows when I can't make it past boot?: I first had this issue around October of 2023 where after a windows update it was just stuck in boot. The first time it happened, I waited for a couple of hours and then forced shutdown and turned it on again except this time it said something about recovery while booting not...
  9. How do I reinstall windows when I can't make it past boot?

How do I reinstall windows when I can't make it past boot?: I first had this issue around October of 2023 where after a windows update it was just stuck in boot. The first time it happened, I waited for a couple of hours and then forced shutdown and turned it on again except this time it said something about recovery while booting not...
  10. My PC entered a boot loop after doing a factory reset reinstalling windows 11. What can I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC entered a boot loop after doing a factory reset reinstalling windows 11. What can I...: The following cycle occurs every few seconds before repeating: The PC boots, welcome is displayed, the blue screen showing 64% progress appears, then the screen goes black. I’ve shut down my PC during this loop and turned it on again which simply resumes the boot loop again...