Windows 10: Windows not booting up on my laptop

Discus and support Windows not booting up on my laptop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My laptop was working fine until one day i just opened it and it refused to open windows and had a blinking underscore on the top left corner i started... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by omar1243, Aug 4, 2021.

1. omar1243 Win User

Windows not booting up on my laptop

My laptop was working fine until one day i just opened it and it refused to open windows and had a blinking underscore on the top left corner i started paniking as i did not understand why this happened so i did my research and realised that its a problem with windows but did not know what caused it but i was very upset so i decided to buy a windows usb stick and pluged it into my laptop my laptop started booting it up but then ,unfortunately, ran out of charge and just closed even though it looked as if it was opening windows so i thought it wouldn't be a problem and decided to just plug it i

:)

omar1243, Aug 4, 2021
  2. ram93 Win User

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Aug 4, 2021
  3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Aug 4, 2021
  4. n-ster Win User

n-ster, Aug 4, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows not booting up on my laptop - Similar Threads - booting laptop

2. I updated the realtek drivers on my laptop running windows 11. Now it won't boot up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I updated the realtek drivers on my laptop running windows 11. Now it won't boot up.: I updated the realtek drivers on my laptop running Windows 11. When i restarted the computer it wouldn't boot up. I tried to reboot using a backup on a usb drive, but it gives me an error message after a while....
  3. I updated the realtek drivers on my laptop running windows 11. Now it won't boot up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I updated the realtek drivers on my laptop running windows 11. Now it won't boot up.: I updated the realtek drivers on my laptop running Windows 11. When i restarted the computer it wouldn't boot up. I tried to reboot using a backup on a usb drive, but it gives me an error message after a while....
  4. I am using Windows 11 and everytime I start my laptop it ask me to go to boot menu.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am using Windows 11 and everytime I start my laptop it ask me to go to boot menu.: I have a ACER Core i3 laptop and i have been using windows since 5 years. I have started facing this problem very recently. When ever I start my laptop it asks me to go to the Boot Menu. I tried to restart it many times yet the problem stays the sameCan you please tell me how...
  5. I am using Windows 11 and everytime I start my laptop it ask me to go to boot menu.

I am using Windows 11 and everytime I start my laptop it ask me to go to boot menu.: I have a ACER Core i3 laptop and i have been using windows since 5 years. I have started facing this problem very recently. When ever I start my laptop it asks me to go to the Boot Menu. I tried to restart it many times yet the problem stays the sameCan you please tell me how...
  6. My Laptop stuck BSOD after doing Windows Update on Boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Laptop stuck BSOD after doing Windows Update on Boot: My laptop doing windows update and doing restart, after that the screen showing windows update, but after doing restart again, the message from update is "undoing changes made to your computer" and after that blue screen appeared. I can't access safe mode, automatic repair,...
  7. My Laptop stuck BSOD after doing Windows Update on Boot

My Laptop stuck BSOD after doing Windows Update on Boot: My laptop doing windows update and doing restart, after that the screen showing windows update, but after doing restart again, the message from update is "undoing changes made to your computer" and after that blue screen appeared. I can't access safe mode, automatic repair,...
  8. stop code: unmountable boot volume error in dell laptop running windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    stop code: unmountable boot volume error in dell laptop running windows 11: Recently I installed a game. In the installation process it told me to turn off antivirus which i did . But after that when i restarted the laptop it showed the blue screen with stop code: unmountable boot volume. Pls help me....
  9. stop code: unmountable boot volume error in dell laptop running windows 11

stop code: unmountable boot volume error in dell laptop running windows 11: Recently I installed a game. In the installation process it told me to turn off antivirus which i did . But after that when i restarted the laptop it showed the blue screen with stop code: unmountable boot volume. Pls help me....
  10. Microsoft Surface 4 Laptop Updated and Will Not Post/Boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Surface 4 Laptop Updated and Will Not Post/Boot: Hello!A user updated their Surface Laptop 4 overnight and when they came back in the following day, it would no longer boot. Upon review, I did find that it was fully unable to POST, get to BIOS, etc. This laptop is just 2 months out of support, so I can't send it to...