Windows 10: Windows not booting up on my laptop

Discus and support Windows not booting up on my laptop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My laptop was working fine until one day i just opened it and it refused to open windows and had a blinking underscore on the top left corner i started... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by omar1243, Aug 4, 2021.

1. omar1243 Win User

Windows not booting up on my laptop

My laptop was working fine until one day i just opened it and it refused to open windows and had a blinking underscore on the top left corner i started paniking as i did not understand why this happened so i did my research and realised that its a problem with windows but did not know what caused it but i was very upset so i decided to buy a windows usb stick and pluged it into my laptop my laptop started booting it up but then ,unfortunately, ran out of charge and just closed even though it looked as if it was opening windows so i thought it wouldn't be a problem and decided to just plug it i

:)

omar1243, Aug 4, 2021
  2. ram93 Win User

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Aug 4, 2021
  3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Aug 4, 2021
  4. n-ster Win User

n-ster, Aug 4, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows not booting up on my laptop - Similar Threads - booting laptop

2. Laptop screen is sometimes full of random lines and pixels, when I boot it up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop screen is sometimes full of random lines and pixels, when I boot it up: Hello! Sometimes, when I boot up my laptop its full of lines and pixels. When that happens, I can only see my mouse moving and everything works, except that I cant see what is happening on screen. I usually just restart my laptop and then it works normal again. Im worried...
  3. sometimes while working or after boot my laptop has a grey screen

sometimes while working or after boot my laptop has a grey screen: many time while having my online classes my laptop has a grey screen with a cursor, and a dialog box comes with a message 'the program isn't working' something like that. i click ok and my laptop stop working, it is still on but i can see nothing except grey.pls help because...
  4. Laptop boots into Aptio setup utility sometimes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop boots into Aptio setup utility sometimes: My laptop boots into Aptio setup utility sometimes. I don't know why. There's no rhyme or reason as to when it does that. I don't know if it's because of a loose connection with the ssd, because I can shut down my computer in its normal state and then boot it up in the exact...
  5. How do you reformat/reinstall windows on a laptop that won't boot?

How do you reformat/reinstall windows on a laptop that won't boot?: My laptop's been having a problem disk checking/repair wont finish with disk checking for the past 2 days. Ive completely given up with troubleshooting it and i just wanna reformat/reinstall/reset windows but all the guides on youtube have windows working properly and the...
  6. Laptop takes a long time to boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop takes a long time to boot: Hello, My laptop takes from 10 to 20 minutes till it turns on. Almost all start up apps are disabled I tried a whole scan and there were no threats I tried clean up and desk fragmentationAnd lastly I reset my device by deleting everything and reinstalled the windows from...
  7. Trouble getting laptop to boot up

Trouble getting laptop to boot up: Hi, I am suddenly facing this weird problem. After starting up normally, my laptop kept frozing even on the Refresh button hit. Then it showed up " Microsoft Windows has stopped working END NOW or CANCEL " I clicked END NOW and everything greyed out. So I forced Shut down...
  8. My laptop is not booting

My laptop is not booting: My laptop is not booting. It is just showing a black screen. Help me fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-is-not-booting/9ba9d30c-fc34-4cf7-9ea4-ef319382159c
  9. Fix of issue :- After window update of Azure OS Image on Laptop didn't boot with windows 10...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fix of issue :- After window update of Azure OS Image on Laptop didn't boot with windows 10...: Cause or Issue: After window update of Azure OS Image on Laptop didn't boot with windows 10 and even disk wasn't showing in BIOS either or not detected during installation. Error: During reset option > troubleshooting with "keep my files options" "The drive where Windows is...
  10. The laptop screen is 'dead' and no USB power on boot

The laptop screen is 'dead' and no USB power on boot: Most of the times, I just 'sleep' the laptop. Yesterday, I 'slept' the laptop and didn't use all day. Today morning, tried to boot it, it felt like it did boot (fan running etc) but the screen remained dead (as in the screen didn't power up). There was no power to USB ports...