Windows 10: Windows not booting up on Surface Laptop:

Discus and support Windows not booting up on Surface Laptop: in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I turn on laptop, the Surface logo appears but Windows doesn’t boot up. I have tried force shut down options to no avail.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by UnniNarayanan, Jan 16, 2019.

1. Windows not booting up on Surface Laptop:

When I turn on laptop, the Surface logo appears but Windows doesn’t boot up. I have tried force shut down options to no avail.

:)

UnniNarayanan, Jan 16, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Boot Surface Laptop to USB - no Volume button

Hello Jimmy, Windows not booting up on Surface Laptop: :)

This doesn't list the "Surface Laptop", but you might give it a try to see.

*Arrow Boot Microsoft Surface from a USB device

Otherwise, you should be able to use OPTION ONE below to boot from the USB from advanced startup.

*Arrow Boot from USB Drive on Windows 10 PC Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Brink, Jan 16, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Surface Tools for IT Update for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop

Source: Surface Tools for IT Update for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop Surface

Brink, Jan 16, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Windows not booting up on Surface Laptop:

Boot Surface Laptop to USB - no Volume button

I'm not familiar with the UEFI firmware settings for the "Surface laptop" to give better specific details, but your should be able to change the boot priority in its UEFI to have "USB device" listed first and your Windows drive second.

This way when you boot with a USB connect, you should have an option to boot from it if doesn't automatically.

Brink, Jan 16, 2019
Thema:

Windows not booting up on Surface Laptop:

1. Windows not booting up on Surface Laptop: - Similar Threads - booting Surface Laptop

2. Windows 11 laptop not booting up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 laptop not booting up: My windows 11 laptop is not booting up after not using it for a few daysI tried to get it into auto repair but it crashes and gives me a stop code and restarts This goes on for a few times and it gives up...
  3. Windows 11 laptop not booting up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 laptop not booting up: My windows 11 laptop is not booting up after not using it for a few daysI tried to get it into auto repair but it crashes and gives me a stop code and restarts This goes on for a few times and it gives up...
  4. Windows not booting up on my laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows not booting up on my laptop: My laptop was working fine until one day i just opened it and it refused to open windows and had a blinking underscore on the top left corner i started paniking as i did not understand why this happened so i did my research and realised that its a problem with windows but did...
  5. Laptop not booting up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop not booting up: I have a Lenovo laptop it used to work fine a few days ago. It stopped booting up. When I click on the power button the screen brightens up and that's pretty much it doesn't reach the logo part. I thought it may work after a few days but it's been 3-4 days and it's not...
  6. Surface Laptop does not want to Boot up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Laptop does not want to Boot up: Good day! My Surface laptop does not want to boot up. It was working fine and then it started behaving strange. I restarted the laptop and from then on it did not want to boot up. I made a recovery usb boot disk according to the method you subscribe. I went through all the...
  7. Surface Laptop UEFI BOOT Loop

Surface Laptop UEFI BOOT Loop: Hi All, After a windows update this past week I have encountered this boot loop issue on my Surface Laptop Gen 1. Here is a screenshot. As you can see there is a HDD icon in the top right corner with an X [IMG] I have tried various options with MS support over the...
  8. Windows 10 laptop not booting up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 laptop not booting up: My WIndows 10 based lapatop started giving me the PXE-E61 media test error. I tried following a few instructions and videos online, which had me go into the BIOS the Aptio Setup Utility, but now all I get is "Reboot an Select Proper Boot Device." I downloaded a Create Windows...
  9. Laptop not booting up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop not booting up: My HP laptop is not booting up. It shows me the manufacturer's logo and then all I have is a black screen What I think the reason is: Before this problem occurred, I had changed the Owner of my C: drive from TrustedInstaller to my own user account(which is an admin...
  10. Surface Laptop will not boot up past UEFI screen

Surface Laptop will not boot up past UEFI screen: I started up my surface laptop this morning and everything started fine, I left the room and on my return the Surface UEFI screen was displaying, on restart it just continually boots up to this screen, in the top right hand corner I have what I believe is the harddrive...