Windows 10: Windows not booting

Discus and support Windows not booting in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Everytime I try to boot into Windows, I instead get booted into the BIOS utility. I have tried to do automatic startup repair but with no results. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by FizzyDoesThis, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Windows not booting

Everytime I try to boot into Windows, I instead get booted into the BIOS utility. I have tried to do automatic startup repair but with no results. I have an installation media USB. Going into diskpart from the command prompt from the installation USB shows 2 disks, disk 0 (the internal HDD) and disk 1 (the installation media). Disk 0 shows 4 partitions:

• Partition 1: System, size 260MB
    • Partition 2: Reserved, size 16MB
    • Partition 3: Primary, size 930GB
    • Partition 4: Recovery, size 800MB

If I try to run chkdsk :c, command prompt returns with:

"The type of the file system is RAW.

CHKDSK is not available for RAW drives."

chkdsk /f yields:

"The type of the file system is NTFS

Cannot lock current drive.

Windows cannot run disk checking on this volume because it is write protected."

bootrec /fixmbr yields:

"A device which does not exist was specified"

bootrec /fixboot yields:

"A device which does not exist was specified"

bootrec /scanos yields:

"Please wait, since this may take a while...

Successfully scanned Windows installatons.

Total identified Windows installations: 0

The operation completed successfully."

bootrec /rebuildbcd yields:

"Please wait, since this may take a while...

Successfully scanned Windows installatons.

Total identified Windows installations: 0

The operation completed successfully."

Please note that all of the above commands were executed in the command prompt on the installation media USB.

If I don't have the USB installation media plugged in, I get booted into the winRE. I have tried every single option to no avail. I am looking to get my computer running without having to reset or refresh my PC. I just want to fix my PC and keep all my files. Oh and also trying to get into the C: drive by opening Notepad > Open does not work. It seems like the installation media can't see the Windows installation on my internal HDD at all.

:)

FizzyDoesThis, Nov 8, 2019
  2. GNJha Win User

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Nov 8, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 8, 2019
  4. Windows not booting

freaksavior, Nov 8, 2019
Thema:

Windows not booting

1. Windows not booting - Similar Threads - booting

2. Stuck on boot screen after update: "Customizing features for you. You are 98% there."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on boot screen after update: "Customizing features for you. You are 98% there.": Got a new Computer, set it up with win11, and it autoupdated yesterday. It did not finish and got stuck on the boot screen: "Customizing features for you. You're 98% there. Please keep your computer on."I restarted a couple of times, but it always ends up there. When...
  3. Stuck on boot screen after update: "Customizing features for you. You are 98% there."

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck on boot screen after update: "Customizing features for you. You are 98% there.": Got a new Computer, set it up with win11, and it autoupdated yesterday. It did not finish and got stuck on the boot screen: "Customizing features for you. You're 98% there. Please keep your computer on."I restarted a couple of times, but it always ends up there. When...
  4. laptop not booting after windows update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    laptop not booting after windows update: Lenovo thinkpad P50 Gen 2windows 10i get to the troubleshooting window and tried all the options without success. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-not-booting-after-windows-update/3b167c84-f94a-4192-a82a-22773fb1004f
  5. laptop not booting after windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop not booting after windows update: Lenovo thinkpad P50 Gen 2windows 10i get to the troubleshooting window and tried all the options without success. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-not-booting-after-windows-update/3b167c84-f94a-4192-a82a-22773fb1004f
  6. laptop not booting after windows update

7. Slow booting of a laptop like a restart.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow booting of a laptop like a restart.: Hi from the past few days, my laptop has been booting slowly like a restart. First hp logo then the circle, then hp logo disappears and only a circle rotating,then just a moment screen. And then it boots up. I thought it was a windows problem so I installed a fresh copy of...
  8. Slow booting of a laptop like a restart.

Slow booting of a laptop like a restart.: Hi from the past few days, my laptop has been booting slowly like a restart. First hp logo then the circle, then hp logo disappears and only a circle rotating,then just a moment screen. And then it boots up. I thought it was a windows problem so I installed a fresh copy of...
  9. Can't login to Windows 10 Safemode using PIN. Is there a way to restore boot to normal...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't login to Windows 10 Safemode using PIN. Is there a way to restore boot to normal...: In Windows 11, msconfig was used to set boot to Safemode. The Safemode login screen asks for a password and I only have a PIN. Is there a way to restore the boot configuration so that it will boot to normal mode, which will accept a PIN, in other words, cancel the changes...
  10. Can't login to Windows 10 Safemode using PIN. Is there a way to restore boot to normal...

Can't login to Windows 10 Safemode using PIN. Is there a way to restore boot to normal...: In Windows 11, msconfig was used to set boot to Safemode. The Safemode login screen asks for a password and I only have a PIN. Is there a way to restore the boot configuration so that it will boot to normal mode, which will accept a PIN, in other words, cancel the changes...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bootrec a device not exist specified