Windows 10: Windows not booting

Discus and support Windows not booting in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Everytime I try to boot into Windows, I instead get booted into the BIOS utility. I have tried to do automatic startup repair but with no results. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by FizzyDoesThis, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Windows not booting

Everytime I try to boot into Windows, I instead get booted into the BIOS utility. I have tried to do automatic startup repair but with no results. I have an installation media USB. Going into diskpart from the command prompt from the installation USB shows 2 disks, disk 0 (the internal HDD) and disk 1 (the installation media). Disk 0 shows 4 partitions:

• Partition 1: System, size 260MB
    • Partition 2: Reserved, size 16MB
    • Partition 3: Primary, size 930GB
    • Partition 4: Recovery, size 800MB

If I try to run chkdsk :c, command prompt returns with:

"The type of the file system is RAW.

CHKDSK is not available for RAW drives."

chkdsk /f yields:

"The type of the file system is NTFS

Cannot lock current drive.

Windows cannot run disk checking on this volume because it is write protected."

bootrec /fixmbr yields:

"A device which does not exist was specified"

bootrec /fixboot yields:

"A device which does not exist was specified"

bootrec /scanos yields:

"Please wait, since this may take a while...

Successfully scanned Windows installatons.

Total identified Windows installations: 0

The operation completed successfully."

bootrec /rebuildbcd yields:

"Please wait, since this may take a while...

Successfully scanned Windows installatons.

Total identified Windows installations: 0

The operation completed successfully."

Please note that all of the above commands were executed in the command prompt on the installation media USB.

If I don't have the USB installation media plugged in, I get booted into the winRE. I have tried every single option to no avail. I am looking to get my computer running without having to reset or refresh my PC. I just want to fix my PC and keep all my files. Oh and also trying to get into the C: drive by opening Notepad > Open does not work. It seems like the installation media can't see the Windows installation on my internal HDD at all.

:)

FizzyDoesThis, Nov 8, 2019
  2. GNJha Win User

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Nov 8, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 8, 2019
  4. Windows not booting

freaksavior, Nov 8, 2019
Thema:

Windows not booting

1. Windows not booting - Similar Threads - booting

2. Outlook opens twice on boot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Outlook opens twice on boot: No matter what way of launching it I do, Outlook always opens twice on boot. The only way I've noticed that it doesn't, is if I close Outlook manually before I turn my PC off, which I don't want to do. I've tried putting it into shell:startup, I've tried creating a task in...
  3. My Windows 10 Acer Laptop is Not Booting up due to Error code 0xc0000185

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Windows 10 Acer Laptop is Not Booting up due to Error code 0xc0000185: Yesterday I was moving my laptop to my office room to print. As I was walking up the stairs I stumbled and my laptop fell down the stairs and my screen cracked. When I got my compute again I decided to shut it down and send it to get repaired. Once I got my computer back I...
  4. Question about booting from NVMe drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Question about booting from NVMe drive: I have a brand new Ryzen 2700X system with an X470 motherboard and I bought my first NVMe drive to go with it. My plan is to use it as my boot drive, and I am cloning my current boot drive to it. My question is do I need to do anything specific to get the NVMe drive to boot?...
  5. Boot device not found after installing ssd

Boot device not found after installing ssd: So I just replaced my HD with a new Samsung ssd. I made a recovery on an ssd card before removing it. Now after installing it and turning the laptop on I get this message. https://imgur.com/a/egTgMD5 Could someone please tell me what I should do ? It is an hp pavillion with...
  6. Lenovo ThinkPad x1 Carbon Gen 7 Boot-up Repair Loop After Windows Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lenovo ThinkPad x1 Carbon Gen 7 Boot-up Repair Loop After Windows Updates: Hello, We have 12 brand new Lenovo ThinkPad x1 Carbons which we deployed in the field. They're running Win 10 x64 and are domain PCs. We have been encountering a major issue where following a Windows update and reboot, 6 out of those 12 X1's have entered into a boot-up...
  7. Windows will randomly black screen and not boot again

Windows will randomly black screen and not boot again: So, when i got my pc i put a fresh install of windows on it. It was working normally for a day or so until i tried dowbloading some programs and it randomly black screened. Even if i turned it off and back on it would sometimes boot to the point it shows the windows logo but...
  8. Windows 10 won't boot after a "failed" update.

Windows 10 won't boot after a "failed" update.: I have encountered several machines that simply stopped booting after an automatic update attempt. I spent 3 days trying to fix the first one and decided to do a clean install on the others. The problem seems to be related to hibernation during the update process - Linux...
  9. Unwanted message on Boot

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unwanted message on Boot: sir, start PC booting process PCGuard ROM V1.1 Feb 2 2010 11:44:56 Please setup the Hidepartion of pcguard? this two line message appear for 1 second and boot normal. can i remove the message? Hitu...
  10. please help my pc wont boot and i cant access windows

please help my pc wont boot and i cant access windows: So a day ago i was using my pc and it was working completely fine, the next day i turn it on and it starts automatic repair to "repair disk errors" , it gets like halfway through stage 2 then just blue screens. The error code it shows says BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO, after the...