Windows 10: Windows not detecting all of my RAM

Discus and support Windows not detecting all of my RAM in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, so i previously had 16GB of RAM (2x8GB) and decided to use the remaining 2 slots i had on my motherboard with 2x4GB sticks of RAM of the exact... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/gabereboot, Sep 1, 2020.

1. Windows not detecting all of my RAM

Hello, so i previously had 16GB of RAM (2x8GB) and decided to use the remaining 2 slots i had on my motherboard with 2x4GB sticks of RAM of the exact same brand, specs, model, everything, that i had from before, for a total of 24GB of RAM. After installing it, i realized that Windows was only recognizing the previous 16GB of RAM and not the new 8GB.

All of my 4 sticks of RAM are detected in BIOS, so they are placed correctly in the motherboard, i've removed and placed them back a few times to make sure they were all properly connected as well.

I have checked and my motherboard supports a maximum of 64GB of RAM.

Here's a few screenshots that might be helpful:

- Device Specifications

- Task Manager Memory

- CPU-Z Memory

- MSCONFIG boot print

So in short, the only place that isn't detecting the 2 new sticks of 4GB of RAM is the windows system. Do any of you know a possible fix for it please? Thanks in advance for anyone who takes the time to try and help me.

submitted by /u/gabereboot
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/gabereboot, Sep 1, 2020
  2. prashii Win User

Windows shows 8GB RAM installed but 4GB RAM is usable

Hi There,

I've just upgraded my pc from 4GB RAM to 8GB RAM. Windows seems to have detected this upgrade but why does it show as only 4GB RAM available. The following is what I have tried so far with no luck:

• I have tried the msconfig method on ensuring maximum memory is not checked.
    • physically removed the new RAM and reinstalled it
    Any thoughts/suggestions on how i can resolve this matter?

Thanks

prashii, Sep 1, 2020
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Sep 1, 2020
  4. Mark Ole Win User

Windows not detecting all of my RAM

Ram problems

Hi,

To better assist you, please answer the questions below.

• What is the full specifications of your computer?
    • Which type of RAM are you trying to install?
    • Have you checked if the total RAM is detected in the BIOS?
    • Have you tried installing just the 8 Gb RAM and see if the system detects it?

We suggest that you contact the computer manufacturer for information on how to enter the BIOS and how to set the default settings. Also, you can ask them if there is an available update for the BIOS.

We're looking forward to your response.

Mark Ole, Sep 1, 2020
Thema:

Windows not detecting all of my RAM

1. Windows not detecting all of my RAM - Similar Threads - detecting RAM

2. Corsair iCUE software not detecting RAM [Fix]

in Windows 10 News
    Corsair iCUE software not detecting RAM [Fix]: [IMG]In this article, we will see what you can do if the Corsair iCUE software is not detecting RAM on your Windows system. The Corsair iCUE software allows users to control RGB lighting on their computers, but some users have reported that they cannot do this because the...
  3. laptop uses up to 99% of RAM at Startup without any detectable cause

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop uses up to 99% of RAM at Startup without any detectable cause: I have my laptop for now around 2 years. And it the past few days the memory consumption has be constantly too high, being even 60-99% on startup. So that is between 9 to 15.5 GB ram. I did install and uninstall some games in the past few days some manually, some through...
  4. laptop uses up to 99% of RAM at Startup without any detectable cause

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    laptop uses up to 99% of RAM at Startup without any detectable cause: I have my laptop for now around 2 years. And it the past few days the memory consumption has be constantly too high, being even 60-99% on startup. So that is between 9 to 15.5 GB ram. I did install and uninstall some games in the past few days some manually, some through...
  5. WINDOWS 10 PRO 64 Bits not detecting full Memory / RAM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WINDOWS 10 PRO 64 Bits not detecting full Memory / RAM: Hi,My System is operated by WINDOWS 10 PRO 64 Bits OS.When the system was built couple of years back it was having total of 32 GB RAM 16GBx2 couple of days back another 32 GB 16GBx2 of same type of RAM were installed having exactly latency, voltage etc but the OS is showing...
  6. WINDOWS 10 PRO 64 Bits not detecting full Memory / RAM

WINDOWS 10 PRO 64 Bits not detecting full Memory / RAM: Hi,My System is operated by WINDOWS 10 PRO 64 Bits OS.When the system was built couple of years back it was having total of 32 GB RAM 16GBx2 couple of days back another 32 GB 16GBx2 of same type of RAM were installed having exactly latency, voltage etc but the OS is showing...
  7. WINDOWS 10 PRO 64 Bits not detecting full Memory / RAM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Computer detecting 8GB ram instead of 16GB ram after not being booted up for 2 days

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer detecting 8GB ram instead of 16GB ram after not being booted up for 2 days: So I've recently experienced no electricity in my area, and it went on for 2 days, and as soon as I got home and got it fixed, I tried booting up my computer to see my motherboard warning me about the memory being decreased? I checked my BIOS and my memory was 8GB instead of...
  9. Computer detecting 8GB ram instead of 16GB ram after not being booted up for 2 days

Computer detecting 8GB ram instead of 16GB ram after not being booted up for 2 days: So I've recently experienced no electricity in my area, and it went on for 2 days, and as soon as I got home and got it fixed, I tried booting up my computer to see my motherboard warning me about the memory being decreased? I checked my BIOS and my memory was 8GB instead of...
  10. Computer detecting 8GB ram instead of 16GB ram after not being booted up for 2 days

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging