Windows 10: Windows not detecting NVIDIA GTX 960m graphics card

Discus and support Windows not detecting NVIDIA GTX 960m graphics card in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi community! I need some help concerning my 2nd driver for my laptop. For some reason my laptop isn't detecting my NVIDIA GPU anymore. Earlier today I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Zynclink, May 6, 2019.

1. Zynclink Win User

Windows not detecting NVIDIA GTX 960m graphics card

Hi community! I need some help concerning my 2nd driver for my laptop. For some reason my laptop isn't detecting my NVIDIA GPU anymore. Earlier today I noticed that whenever I right click on my desktop, the NVIDIA control panel no longer shows up in the drop-down menu. I go into my Device Manager and notice that the GPU is disabed. It's greyed out, so I assume that it needs to be updated. I go into properties and the update button, but for some reason it says it's updated.

I assume that uninstalling the driver and reinstalling it will fix the problem, so like the dummy I am, I decide to go into safe mode and use the Display Driver Uninstaller to remove all traces of NVIDIA in order to reinstall it. However, when I go into the NVIDIA website to download the latest driver, the program says it doesn't detect my GPU. I've done these things to try to make my laptop to detect my driver, unfortunately none of them worked:

Windows not detecting NVIDIA GTX 960m graphics card f6549921-b628-4f56-a5c4-2b1091672af6?upload=true.png

◘ I went into Windows Update to update Windows to the latest version (it was outdated), however it didn't detect any updates for NVIDIA

◘ Went into Device Manager, clicked on Display Adapters and clicked Press for Hardware Changes. I also tried to went to View > Show hidden devices but it didn't show up

◘ Also checked under other tabs just in case it was called something else, however none of the devices were relevant

◘ Used third-party software to automatically detect drivers for NVIDIA, no dice

◘ Tried installing GeForce Experience to update, but wouldn't install because it doesn't detect the GPU

Windows not detecting NVIDIA GTX 960m graphics card 14de1222-6420-4eb7-95ac-dcb20999840d?upload=true.png

◘ Went into the BIOS and loaded optimized settings, updated the BIOS through the ASUS website, then loaded optimized settings again. Tried to open the driver application after each restart but it still wouldn't detect the GPU

◘Tried running the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter, but it doesn't detect any problems.

I really don't know what else to do and I've looked through other posts that faced this same problem. Either it was solved for them through one of the above, or it was yet to solved. Does anyone know anyway to get Windows to detect my GPU? I appreciate all the help I can get! Below is a summary of my system information. If anymore specs or info is needed to fix this problem, let me know. I have the GTX 960m and I'm currently using an ASUS ROG GL552VW laptop.

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home

Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134

Other OS Description Not Available

OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation

System Name DESKTOP-UOG6U4F

System Manufr. ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.

System Model GL552VW

System Type x64-based PC

System SKU ASUS-NotebookSKU

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz, 2592 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. GL552VW.300, 9/6/2016

SMBIOS Version 3.0

Embed. Ctrl. Version 255.255

BIOS Mode UEFI

BaseBoard Manufr. ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.

BaseBoard Model Not Available

BaseBoard Name Base Board

Platform Role Mobile

Secure Boot State On

PCR7 Configuration Elevation Required to View

Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS

System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32

Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume3

:)

Zynclink, May 6, 2019

2. windows 10 and nvidia gtx 960m issue.

Hello guys! I've bought this laptop from amazon (ASUS ROG G551JW) a about two months ago and ever since I have had problems with the laptop. First and foremost is the graphical display, for every game I play the graphic
    processor displays a large amount of artifacts in which eventually the graphic card fails, crashes the game and sometimes a BSOD.

Specs:

Windows 10 64bit.

16gb Ram()

1TB SSHD 7200 RPM

i7 4720-HQ 2.6 ghz

NVIDIA GTX 960m 2GB GDDR5

Things I have tried:

1. Reinstall windows.

2. Uninstalled all Nvidia drivers.

3. Update to the latest Nvidia driver.

4. Regedit TdrDelay and set to 8 seconds.

5. Set Nvidia to run at max performance, no vysync and nvidia physx in Graphic control panel.

6. Reinstalled drivers given by Original Equipment Manufacture.

7. Disabled Fast start up.

Errors that still persist.

Nvidia driver has stopped working and recovered.

Graphical Artifacts during gameplay or any application running an nvidia graphics processor.

BSOD VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE_nvlddmkm-sys.

In short. The gtx 960m sometimes begins to display artifacts that crash the driver and eventually bsod. This happens when an app or a game is being launched.
    Update: Latest nvidia driver from asus rog OEM. 353.62

AlanNg_709, May 6, 2019
  3. Geforce GTX 960M graphic cards suddenly hidden

Why is my Geforce GTX 960M graphic cards suddenly hidden? And in the properties it state that my hardware device is not connected to my Laptop ?

Please Helpppp

***Subject edited for clarity by the moderator.***

KahHang2000, May 6, 2019
  4. mieun Win User

Problem with Nvidia GTX 960M?

it is not amd raedon, it is nvidia gtx 960m

it's been a while since i forgot about this topic but i'm certain the issue is still present

i will check over the weekend and hope to update you guys.

mieun, May 6, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows not detecting NVIDIA GTX 960m graphics card - Similar Threads - detecting NVIDIA GTX

2. Nvidia graphics card not detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nvidia graphics card not detected: Hi i have been using a gaming laptop asus tuf gaming a15 For about 5 months its great but when i tried to launch microsoft flight simulator it says i dont meet requirements which i do, And performance is greatly reduced after not finding a answer I re installed windows and it...
  3. Nvidia graphics card not detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Nvidia graphics card not detected: Hi i have been using a gaming laptop asus tuf gaming a15 For about 5 months its great but when i tried to launch microsoft flight simulator it says i dont meet requirements which i do, And performance is greatly reduced after not finding a answer I re installed windows and it...
  4. Windows 10 not detecting Nvidia Graphics Card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 not detecting Nvidia Graphics Card: Last night, I reset my pc and reinstalled windows. When my pc finally finished resetting, it won't detect my GeForce RTX 2060. I tried to install Nvidia drivers but Nvidia keeps saying that the driver package is not compatible with my version of Windows. I already checked for...
  5. Nvidia Graphics card not detected!!!!

Nvidia Graphics card not detected!!!!: Hello Everybody, I'm using Asus vivobook x556uj Laptop which has 2 GPUs one for intel and the other one is nvidia 920m. I latterly found my laptop crashes a lot even without using a heavy programs so i started to figure the problem and suddenly found the problem that Nvidia...
  6. AMD or NVIDIA Graphics Card not detected on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    AMD or NVIDIA Graphics Card not detected on Windows 10: [ATTACH]A graphics card is computer hardware that is responsible for displaying the image you see on your computer screen. It is a great way of […] This article AMD or NVIDIA Graphics Card not detected on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. Nvidia graphics card not detected

in Windows 10 Customization
    Nvidia graphics card not detected: I have an ASUS laptop with a Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 graphics card. The graphics card stopping working suddenly, and I attempted a multitude of things to try to make it work again. I downloaded new updates, but that didn't help as the nvidia driver was oddly incompatible....
  8. NVidia GeForce GTX 960M is disabled by Windows

NVidia GeForce GTX 960M is disabled by Windows: I am having trouble since last 15 days. Tried to revert driver but unfortunately I could not make it. Anyway, Windows 10 May update didnt work too. To sum up, my computer does not recognize my graphic card, when I check by device manager I'm getting this error "Code:43"...
  9. Possible Problem with Nvidia GTX 1050 Graphics Card

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Possible Problem with Nvidia GTX 1050 Graphics Card: I am experiencing slight performance issues when my graphics card is turned on. Programs (most noticeably firefox) are slower to launch, windows file explore is slower when launched from the taskbar (start menu launch works fine), and some folders with a lot of files are...
  10. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4GB screen tearing when Charging?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4GB screen tearing when Charging?: Hello everyone! I recently bought the Dell Inspiron 7559 laptop with the following specs: i7-6700HQ 8 GB ram NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4GB GDDR5 I encountered a strange problem when playing a game (my laptop meets the system requirements) called Hyperdimension...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why wont my 960m detect in bios

2. nvidia graphics card no longer detected

3. nvidia geforce 960m not recognized i7559

4. nvidia gtx 1050 not detected laptop,
  5. nvidia gtx 960 not detected,
  6. asus rog gtx 960m windows 10 not recognzing,
  7. NVidia graphics cards doesnt rrqconosed Windows Phone 10,
  8. nvidia geforce 940mx not detected windows 10 laptop,
  9. nvidia 960m not main graphics card,
  10. gtx 960 2gd5 windows 10 does not recognize,
  11. vidia gtx 960m doesnt show up in device manager,