Windows 10: Windows not detecting Xbox controller

Discus and support Windows not detecting Xbox controller in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; It is found in device manager, tried restarting,not recognizing any button presses, still vibrates. Can someone help? Updating the firmware didn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/autisticduck69, Apr 24, 2020.

1. Windows not detecting Xbox controller

It is found in device manager, tried restarting,not recognizing any button presses, still vibrates. Can someone help? Updating the firmware didn't help.

submitted by /u/autisticduck69
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/autisticduck69, Apr 24, 2020

2. Xbox One controller being recognized as a 360 Controller

Hi Stephan,

There are several reasons why your Xbox One controller is detected as an Xbox 360 controller by your PC. It is possible that the controller is not updated or if you previously used an Xbox 360 controller on the PC, it is still detecting its drivers instead
    of the Xbox One controller drivers. To properly isolate your concern, please clarify the following information:

• Have you used an Xbox 360 controller on the same computer before?
    • Does the error message occur on all of the games that you play?
    • Have you tried to update the controller?
    • Are you using an Xbox One Elite controller?

In the meantime, we suggest that you update the controller by following the steps on this

link

Loraine Mon, Apr 24, 2020
  3. Xbox Controller in Windows

Hey there Tomas

Thanks for reaching out!

I suggest that you try updating
    your Xbox One controller. To do this, kindly follow the steps provided on the links below:

If the issue persists, I strongly
    recommend contacting our Xbox Customer Support
    for further troubleshooting steps.

Kindly update us with the results.

XBF Erick C, Apr 24, 2020
  4. Mala_S Win User

Windows not detecting Xbox controller

Can’t connect Xbox one controller to pc

Hello SubieTY,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Initially, we need to pair the device to show up in the list while connected through Bluetooth. Check with the below mentioned steps and see if it works.

Hope it helps.

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Apr 24, 2020
Thema:

Windows not detecting Xbox controller

1. Windows not detecting Xbox controller - Similar Threads - detecting Xbox controller

2. Official Licensed PS4 controller detects as a Xbox 360 controller

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Official Licensed PS4 controller detects as a Xbox 360 controller: Hello, i have NACON PS4 Wired Compact Controller which i use to play some games. When i try to see the controls it would show Xbox controller layout instead of PS4's controller layout, which is very frustrating. I thought the Epic Games platform that i play on is the problem...
  3. Xbox one wired controller not detected on windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox one wired controller not detected on windows 10: Hello,This question will be similar to one answered before, however, the 'answer' in that question did not work for me.I understand that Xbox one controllers are supposed to be plug-and-play devices. However, when I plug a controller in and press the home button to turn it...
  4. Xbox one wired controller not detected on windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox one wired controller not detected on windows 10: Hello,This question will be similar to one answered before, however, the 'answer' in that question did not work for me.I understand that Xbox one controllers are supposed to be plug-and-play devices. However, when I plug a controller in and press the home button to turn it...
  5. Xbox one wired controller not detected on windows 10

6. Xbox controller detected as double

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox controller detected as double: On any game, my controller will register an input twice. I think steam or the pc believes it to be two controllers. When I go into multiplayer game it functions as two players. I only have this with my brand new xbox series x controller, and this is not an issue on my other...
  7. Xbox controller detected as double

Xbox controller detected as double: On any game, my controller will register an input twice. I think steam or the pc believes it to be two controllers. When I go into multiplayer game it functions as two players. I only have this with my brand new xbox series x controller, and this is not an issue on my other...
  8. Xbox elite controller not being detected by windows 10

Xbox elite controller not being detected by windows 10: I have an xbox elite controller series 1, I recently connected it to a xbox series console and was asked to update it, at this point the controller was working perfectly fine on the console, however when I tried pluging it to a windows 10 PC the controller was not being...
  9. Detecting Xbox controller connection

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Detecting Xbox controller connection: Looking for a way to detect when an Xbox 360 controller is connected to a Windows 10 PC and execute a .bat file when that happens. Have dug through the Event Viewer with no luck. Anyone know if there is an event triggered when the Xbox controllers connect or another way to...
  10. Xbox controller not detected

Xbox controller not detected: I am trying to connect a second Xbox one s controller to my PC but cannot see it at all when trying to pair. I have one controller already connected and the new one does pair with my surface pro 7 and firestick by Bluetooth so I am assuming both PC and controller work. It...