Windows 10: Windows not displaying correct amount of RAM on video card

Discus and support Windows not displaying correct amount of RAM on video card in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I just purchased a new MSI Stealth GS77 gaming laptop with a Geforce RTX 3060 with 6gb GDDR6 onboard, running the latest version of Windows 11. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Jeffrey108, Sep 23, 2022.

1. Windows not displaying correct amount of RAM on video card

I just purchased a new MSI Stealth GS77 gaming laptop with a Geforce RTX 3060 with 6gb GDDR6 onboard, running the latest version of Windows 11. I downloaded the drivers for the RTX 3060 laptop GPU from Nvidia's website and installed them. Later, I decided to run Speccy to check all my specs and noticed it was only showing 2gb of RAM, not the full 6. I checked sysinfo in Windows and it showed the same thing. I downloaded the desktop version of the drivers for the RTX 3060 and installed them. Still showing the same thing. Have I created this problem by installing the wrong drivers original

:)

Jeffrey108, Sep 23, 2022

2. Dual video card laptops and Windows 10 upgrade

Hello,

From the description I understand that system is not switching to the fasted video card which is Radeon 7600.

I suggest you to uninstall the current video card from device manager and install Radeon 7600 manually and check if this helps.

To uninstall from device manager follow these steps:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click
      Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right click on the video driver and click on
      uninstall
    • Now install Radeon 7600 and check.

Write us back with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Sep 23, 2022
  3. bundyal Win User
    Can anyone make a script to show the correct ram of a video card

Hi, a friend of mine is making an app,
    but he can't manage to script the videocard ram if the video card has more than 4gb.
    E.g .: my son has the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER of 8GB,
    his script then shows a RAM memory (1,048,576) bytes.

DX_Diag does show 8GB of ram memory, but he can't do anything with it because that program saves it as a .txt file.

Is there a way to read the video card 8GB ram with a script to show the correct RAM of a video card.

As that NVidia Geforce DUAL-RTX 2070-8G has 8GB ram the routine maxes out at 4GB which is the limitation of the 32 bit API system, i have found a long winded way to get the ram figure out of the registry (two places in fact), but it not reliable as intel gfx gives a result of 0x00000040 (64 mb) so cannot really use that way.

dxdiag will show the correct amounts BUT its txt or xml file is very awkward to parse to get the data if more than one adaptor is fitted as i cannot see any DeviceID markers so i can split the data into sections.

So any Gfx adaptor that has more than 4Gib (Dedicated/Shared) will either result in a negative amount (rare now) or max 4GiB showing. as even 64bit windows has only 32bit API/WMIc operatives!

bundyal, Sep 23, 2022
  4. Windows not displaying correct amount of RAM on video card

sd card problem with videos

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

If the video card drivers are outdated or corrupted you might such issues.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press “Windows key + R”, type
      devmgmt.msc and press Enter.

• Expand Display Adapters and right click on the
      video card.

• Click on Update
      and follow the on-screen prompts to update the driver.

Hope the information helps, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Sep 23, 2022
Thema:

Windows not displaying correct amount of RAM on video card

1. Windows not displaying correct amount of RAM on video card - Similar Threads - displaying correct amount

2. Windows not displaying correct amount of RAM on video card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows not displaying correct amount of RAM on video card: I just purchased a new MSI Stealth GS77 gaming laptop with a Geforce RTX 3060 with 6gb GDDR6 onboard, running the latest version of Windows 11. I downloaded the drivers for the RTX 3060 laptop GPU from Nvidia's website and installed them. Later, I decided to run Speccy to...
  3. Storage is not showing the correct amount.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Storage is not showing the correct amount.: I am trying to install Warzone from the Battle.net launcher. My SSD says there is more than enough space to install it but it stopped around 90% and said the disc was full. I uninstalled it and tried installing Apex Legends with steam this time but the same thing happened, it...
  4. Laptop Hardware Utility Video Card RAM

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Laptop Hardware Utility Video Card RAM: Hello Folks;Which Computer Hardware Utility you use or recommend to check out the motherboard, memory / RAM / and the VIDEO card, etc. \All 3 PC's are running Windows 10.Thank you....
  5. Can anyone make a script to show the correct ram of a video card

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Can anyone make a script to show the correct ram of a video card: Hi, a friend of mine is making an app, but he can't manage to script the videocard ram if the video card has more than 4gb. E.g .: my son has the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER of 8GB, his script then shows a RAM memory (1,048,576) bytes. DX_Diag does show 8GB of ram memory,...
  6. Changing amount of graphics card ram. I need some help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing amount of graphics card ram. I need some help: Ok, so, my laptop is a toshiba satellite, self refurbished to widows ten. It has no upgrades available except from 4gb ram to 8gb and from hdd to ssd. I know the hdd wil not increase gaming fps, but will increacing my integrated graphics card vram/ram do it? The last time...
  7. checking if video card works correctly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    checking if video card works correctly: My display is just very slow on the web. Takes forever to load a page. Does not happen in other computers. What diagnostics can I run? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/checking-if-video-card-works-correctly/a3218132-68b3-41f4-b447-8f664c76f853
  8. video card connecting and display

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    video card connecting and display: I have a ADM Radeon R7 250 series video card. It comes with a HDMI slot, but when I call my display device up, I don't see a audio icon on my control page display. I see headphones, high def speakers, but no HDMI device. The reason for asking is that I want to connect a Fiber...
  9. Odd RAM Amounts

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Odd RAM Amounts: I have the impression that 10 uses RAM in a fairly even way, as in more RAM=faster performance. My experience with XP was that it had a "sweet spot", I always ran it with 2GB of RAM. But I'm wondering if the more is faster depending on amount is really true for one thing, but...
  10. Looking for correct video card driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Looking for correct video card driver: I'm using Win10TP 64-bit. I'm having trouble finding a correct driver for my NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT PCIe card. The OS just lists my driver as "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter". I did find one link below that lists a bunch of drivers for this cards but I don't know which one to...