Windows 10: Windows not displaying correct monitor information

Discus and support Windows not displaying correct monitor information in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently acquired a second monitor that is the same brand as my original monitor. Original monitor model: GN276HL New monitor model: A221HQV... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by boostbander24, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Windows not displaying correct monitor information

I recently acquired a second monitor that is the same brand as my original monitor.

Original monitor model: GN276HL

New monitor model: A221HQV

Both monitors are acer.

My original monitor is now appearing as the A221HQV in my display settings.

My problem is that my original monitor is supposed to have a refresh rate of 144Hz, and I have been using it on this setting until I hooked up my new monitor which is only 60Hz. Now in display settings both monitors are being read as the same model number with identical refresh rates and I need my original monitor to be 144Hz and my new one to be 60Hz.

How can I tell windows that these are not identical monitors so I can get my good refresh rate back?

:)

boostbander24, Apr 4, 2019
  2. RWOne Win User

Monitor is detected but display resolution is not correct

One of two possibilities:

1. Driver is still not correct, as you don't have the listed resolution to go to recommended for that monitor. If it is using a driver win 10 installed and not the manufacturer, then you need to try the manufacturer driver, list the display driver from device manager and we can go from there.

2. Card in PC (Is it a card, or integrated mainboard graphics?) doesn't support that resolution, hence driver not listing it, etc.

Other possibility - what does the system show for the monitor listed in device manager?

RWOne, Apr 4, 2019
  3. No display on monitor when TV set as primary display

Issue solved

Removed DVI/HDMI cable from computer and monitor

Step 1: Check if the VGA monitor cable is defective.

1. Turn off computer
    2. Connect the monitor VGA cable from the monitor to the VGA port on the computer
    3. Turn on computer, VGA monitor cable is good.

Step 2: Tun off computer
    1. Connect HDMI Cable to HDMI port and TV
    2. Turn on computer and TV, there is no monitor black screen
    3. Click on the Windows logo, select the Settings icon , and then select

System. Under Display there are two squares, labeled 1 and 2

D Click on Advanced Display Settings:

Display information: Display 1- Monitor Display 2 -TV

E Right-click the Speakers icon in
      the taskbar, select Sound, click on Playback devices,

a s tv screen with my brand shows
      AMD High Definition Audio Device ready.

F. Problem solved

Cause of the problem: Defective VGA port on the Syba VGA HD15+ 3.5 Audio to HDMI converter

Rooben Kajima, Apr 4, 2019
  4. Windows not displaying correct monitor information

Multiple Monitors, display numbers not correct.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused. I will be glad to assist you with this.

I would suggest you to Unplug the TV from the computer and try the steps given below:

1. Press Windows key + I to open settings

2. Click on "system"

3. Click on "display" on the left pane.

4. Click "advanced display settings"

5. Click "detect".

Once the second monitor is setup, I would suggest you to plug the TV and follow the same steps and check.

If that doesn't help, try switching the cables and check.

Do get back to us with the result. We will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Apr 4, 2019
Thema:

Windows not displaying correct monitor information

1. Windows not displaying correct monitor information - Similar Threads - displaying correct monitor

2. Cloud storage information not displaying correctly in settings Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cloud storage information not displaying correctly in settings Windows 11: Hi everyone,I recently bought a Dell Latitude 9430 with an i7-1265U. Windows 23H2, OS build 22631.3007. I'm on the 100GB personal OneDrive plan. In my settings app, the OneDrive information panel shows the following error. Anyone know why this might be happening, and how to...
  3. Cloud storage information not displaying correctly in settings Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cloud storage information not displaying correctly in settings Windows 11: Hi everyone,I recently bought a Dell Latitude 9430 with an i7-1265U. Windows 23H2, OS build 22631.3007. I'm on the 100GB personal OneDrive plan. In my settings app, the OneDrive information panel shows the following error. Anyone know why this might be happening, and how to...
  4. Correct monitor resolution is not displayed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Correct monitor resolution is not displayed: Hey,I bought a 34" monitor that supports 3440*1440 and on device settings the max resolution is 1920*1080I am using a laptop with intel HUD and Nvidia mx330.the monitor is connected by default to the intel HUD No option to changeWhen I enter the Nvidia control panel most of...
  5. Correct monitor resolution is not displayed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Correct monitor resolution is not displayed: Hey,I bought a 34" monitor that supports 3440*1440 and on device settings the max resolution is 1920*1080I am using a laptop with intel HUD and Nvidia mx330.the monitor is connected by default to the intel HUD No option to changeWhen I enter the Nvidia control panel most of...
  6. Correct monitor display resolution unlisted when second monitor is connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Correct monitor display resolution unlisted when second monitor is connected: I am attempting to connect my laptop Dell Inspiron to a dual monitor arrangement one 1920x1080, and an ultrawide 3440x1440. When either single monitor is connected, the display resolution is correct and everything works well. However when connecting the second monitor, the...
  7. Monitor Resolution Not Displaying Correctly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor Resolution Not Displaying Correctly: On my old laptop, the connection to my monitor worked perfectly, but the resolution I choose is either too big to fit the screen or way too zoomed in with my new laptop. When zoomed in it doesn't let me change the scale of the text apps, etc. Hoping for a fix because I really...
  8. Monitor not displaying correct resolution on onboard GPU

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor not displaying correct resolution on onboard GPU: I have been having an issue with the resolution of my computer screen on the onboard GPU. The only resolutions I have to select from are 640x480, 800x600, 1024x768, 1280x1024, or 1600x1200 at 64 Hz. My motherboard is an Intel s2600cp, and the adapter just reads "Microsoft...
  9. Monitors not displayed correctly in the personalization setting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Monitors not displayed correctly in the personalization setting: **************Edit********************* I ended up ordering another dell gaming monitors and selling the other Acers and running two identical Dell Monitors instead. This change was my work around for the issue. Plus I reformatted my PC....
  10. Monitor is detected but display resolution is not correct

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor is detected but display resolution is not correct: i bought a new monitor yesterday (AOC E2270SWHN) and i found that the screen was really stretched out when I connected it to my pc. Here is a picture: [img] When I went into the settings I found that there was no option for 1080x1920 and was very confused. Like I said, my...