Windows 10: Windows not displaying text in certain programs and task manager

Discus and support Windows not displaying text in certain programs and task manager in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm on prerelease build 18272; the below happens sporadically. The issue often kicks off when I try to open excel. When this happens, when using the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by NathanUpchurch, Nov 12, 2018.

1. Windows not displaying text in certain programs and task manager

I'm on prerelease build 18272; the below happens sporadically. The issue often kicks off when I try to open excel. When this happens, when using the open / save as dialog, the icons have no text. Some desktop icons are missing text, and as you can see, the text is missing from the Adobe Acrobat tools window, the task manager, and excel. I would tell you what my GPU is, but neither devices or speccy are showing text, and I can't remember what it is. It's something like an nvidia 670m. I'm running an ASUS Zenbook Pro. I think I'll be pulling out of the prerelease program if even basic things like being able to display text can be compromised.

Windows not displaying text in certain programs and task manager [​IMG]

:)

NathanUpchurch, Nov 12, 2018
  2. John Sarc Win User

stoping running programs

Hi,

There are certain apps in Windows that aren't possible to be stopped as they're needed by your system. If you want to stop certain apps to be stopped from running in the back ground, follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key, and type in "task manager".
    • Choose Task Manager > More details.
    • Right-click on the apps that you want to stop from running, and click on
      End task

Let us know what happens after following the suggestion.

John Sarc, Nov 12, 2018
  3. PaulBates Win User
    Windows Task Manager Exclusive Programs list... how??

I've been using my ATT Tilt (HTC TytynII) for about a month now. Its Windows Mobile 6.0. So far so good.

Here is my question. I am trying to figure out how to use the Exclusive Programs List portion of
    Windows Task Manager. This is the part of the operating system that allows you to always keep a certain set of applications running even when you instruct windows to stop all programs. (This is not the To - do list part of Mobile Outlook)

I know how to bring up the Task Manager. I can get to the
    Exclusive Tab
    and see the empty exclusive program list. The remove button is greyed out because there are no exclusive programs. My problem being, I can't figure out how to add programs. The menu button does not have any options. Pressing and holding
    the pen on the screen does nothing, whether on the empty running program list, or on one of the running programs on the running programs list.

I am praying this does not require a registry tweak. How are programs added?

Thanks in advance for any help. Paul

PaulBates, Nov 12, 2018
  4. mad4some Win User

Windows not displaying text in certain programs and task manager

Startup tab in Task Manager empty??

Hello, I've been on 10 Home since the 29th (Lenovo Flex 2 laptop) and my Task Manager > Startup tab is empty. I have all the programs on my pc that were on it before the upgrade (from 8.1) and I have added a few since then but the startup page just has a greyed out "there are no startup items to display" showing. I just recently installed Chrome and I'm certain that it should be there. Anybody have this??? Comments/ideas please, thanks Mark

BUMP! can someone check there startup tab in Task manager and see if it lists any programs with the enable/disable option like in 8/8.1

mad4some, Nov 12, 2018
Thema:

Windows not displaying text in certain programs and task manager

1. Windows not displaying text in certain programs and task manager - Similar Threads - displaying text certain

2. Program Running in Task Manager But Not Displaying or on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Program Running in Task Manager But Not Displaying or on Taskbar: Hi,I'm trying to run an application on a new Windows 11 machine with x64 architecture, but when I run it, it fails to display on the taskbar or the screen even though it is running according to Task Manager. When starting the application, it prompts me for access to make...
  3. Program Running in Task Manager But Not Displaying or on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Program Running in Task Manager But Not Displaying or on Taskbar: Hi,I'm trying to run an application on a new Windows 11 machine with x64 architecture, but when I run it, it fails to display on the taskbar or the screen even though it is running according to Task Manager. When starting the application, it prompts me for access to make...
  4. Text displays strangely on task manager and file explorer path

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Text displays strangely on task manager and file explorer path: To whom it may concern,Since I updated my computer to the latest update, I have encountered a strange issue where the task manager shows black text on a black background in light or custom theme. The task manager still appears abnormal after restarting the computer As seen in...
  5. Text displays strangely on task manager and file explorer path

Text displays strangely on task manager and file explorer path: To whom it may concern,Since I updated my computer to the latest update, I have encountered a strange issue where the task manager shows black text on a black background in light or custom theme. The task manager still appears abnormal after restarting the computer As seen in...
  6. Text and graphics of certain programs is blurry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Text and graphics of certain programs is blurry: Hello.Yesterday, my pc encountered a glitch where the text of certain programs become blurry,this does not include web browsers, discord and file explorer, for some unknown reason.I assumed it would go away after I restarted my pc, but that did not happen, which is why I am...
  7. Text and graphics of certain programs is blurry

Text and graphics of certain programs is blurry: Hello.Yesterday, my pc encountered a glitch where the text of certain programs become blurry,this does not include web browsers, discord and file explorer, for some unknown reason.I assumed it would go away after I restarted my pc, but that did not happen, which is why I am...
  8. task manager won't display

in Windows 10 Support
    task manager won't display: W10 v2004/OS build 19041.630 Hi all. For whatever reason, I have been encountering a rolling series of problems. It started with my mouse freezing and getting "jumpy," task manager not displaying (it "opens" minimized in the task bar but won't display), the start menu not...
  9. chinese text in task manager

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    chinese text in task manager: [IMG] submitted by /u/micimaco [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/epkggx/chinese_text_in_task_manager/
  10. Program is suspended in Windows Task Manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    Program is suspended in Windows Task Manager: I have Windows 10, and found many reports that programs get suspended by Windows as shown in the Windows Task Manager. These reports span multiple versions of Windows, such as Windows 7, 8 and Windows 10. I was inflicted with the same issue and it was frustrating to find no...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no text in task manager

2. task manager window with no readable text

3. no text appearing in task manager

4. text or letters of task manager not visible,
  5. no text appearing task manager,
  6. text is not visible in task manager