Windows 10: Windows not finding my system image backup files

Discus and support Windows not finding my system image backup files in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently tried reinstalling windows on my ssd to get it to have the EFI partition on the same drive as my OS but before I did that I made sure to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GoddessFreya13, Apr 17, 2021.

1. Windows not finding my system image backup files

I recently tried reinstalling windows on my ssd to get it to have the EFI partition on the same drive as my OS but before I did that I made sure to make a system image backup. now after reinstalling windows which fixed the EFI partition location I now can't get windows to find my system image that i can clearly find using file explorer.

I tried opening the files to see if there was a problem and when i got to the main system image file it popped up a message saying,

Couldn't Mount File

"The disk image isn't initialized, contains partitions that aren't recognizable, or contains volumes that haven't been assigned drive letters. Please use the disk management snap-in to make sure that the disk, partitions, and volumes are in a usable state."

but i have no idea what it's talking about. I even tried using EaseUs and MiniTool ShadowMaker Free and neither could find the system image either.

:)

GoddessFreya13, Apr 17, 2021
  2. Geekoid Win User

Using network hard drive for backup

It depends what sort of backup you want to do. If you're happy just backing up regular files, then there are a bazillion (really, that many!) different bits of freeware to do that. There is a good list here:

Download Back Up Tools for Windows - MajorGeeks

and pretty much all of them can do network backups. Some even have fancy options like encryption. Really, the most useful thing is just being able to schedule them and know they ran OK.

You may also want to make a system image backup too, and you'll find that software in the very same list.

I don't have Windows 8 as yet, so I'm afraid I can't suggest any for that platform. Personally, I use Clonezilla for image backups.

Geekoid, Apr 17, 2021
  3. [HELP]Image recovery issues

Guys i am trying to fix my cousins Asus Eee netbook. It has a backup image file that is partitioned on the hard drive but when I go to use it the app will run through a few steps and stop. It is running Vista . Any suggestions?

Rapidfire48, Apr 17, 2021
  4. Basith M Win User

Windows not finding my system image backup files

To find system image file in windowsn10

Hi,

I apologize for the delay in responding.

The System Image Backup usually gets saved in a drive that you have saved earlier. I suggest you to try the following steps to check where exactly the System Image Backup gets saved.

a. Press Windows keys or click/tap the Start
    button.

b. Search for File History and select File History
    from the search results.

c. Click on the System Image Backup.

d. You will get a new window, here you will see the location where you have saved the System Image Backup.

You may also try download the Windows 10 ISO file from the following link and then try performing Automatic Repair.

Download Windows 10 Disc Image (ISO File)

Please reply with the status of the issue so that we can help you better.

Basith M, Apr 17, 2021
Thema:

Windows not finding my system image backup files

1. Windows not finding my system image backup files - Similar Threads - finding system image

2. Windows backup can't find system image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows backup can't find system image: I see that thousands of others have had this same problem, and I've tried a dozen solutions, but Windows still can't find my image to do a system restore. I've been able to attach the vhdx files, and they're viewable in Windows, so there may be a way to manually create...
  3. Windows backup can't find system image

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows backup can't find system image: I see that thousands of others have had this same problem, and I've tried a dozen solutions, but Windows still can't find my image to do a system restore. I've been able to attach the vhdx files, and they're viewable in Windows, so there may be a way to manually create...
  4. Windows backup can't find system image

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. System Image vs File Backup?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System Image vs File Backup?: Sorry if this is the wrong subreddit for this, but after fiddling around with the Windows File System backup and having it run into a bunch of issues, I finally decided to get the Macrium Reflect software. Now that I have easier access to making a system image though, I’m...
  6. Windows System Image backup

Windows System Image backup: I want to create a System Image backup of my PC running Windows 10. The hard disk has no partitions, its a single drive with 57 GB used. I am planning to use a 1 Tb external HDD for the backupWill my external HDD get formatted during the backup process?How much space...
  7. System image backup

System image backup: I have a windows 10 pro PC and I recently replaced my main 2TB HD with a 3TB using GPT and cloned my drive with no problem, I also installed a 3TB drive and formatted it using GPT as a way of doing a system image, which I had previously gone to a 2TB HD. Since this change...
  8. system image backup

system image backup: Trying to back up my hard drive as a "system image". I see the option in the videos, but when I click on Settings, Backup, the "system image" option is not there. It just says "save these files" and lists a bunch of data files. How to create a system image? The Microsoft...
  9. Windows system image backup

Windows system image backup: I have a dell inspiron 13 laptop which I recently put up for backing up. The real issue here is that the laptop has become unusually slow, and has been slow right from the start, this despite it having 8gb ram and a core i7. Upon, asking people and browsing the net, I...
  10. Create System Image - Windows could not find backup devices

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Create System Image - Windows could not find backup devices: Hi, When trying to create a system image I get the following error - any ideas anyone? [img] I have HDD attached but they are encypted with bitlocker. Prior to upgrade I had no issues. Cheers, 28828