Windows 10: Windows not fully updating after factory reset

Discus and support Windows not fully updating after factory reset in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi last night i did a reset to factory settings on windows 10 64 bit. I had to do it twice because after the first time Lenovo vantage said it needed a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by charlotte139, Apr 10, 2021.

1. Windows not fully updating after factory reset

Hi last night i did a reset to factory settings on windows 10 64 bit. I had to do it twice because after the first time Lenovo vantage said it needed a Bios update it's been bugging me about installing it since i got it so I figured i'd do that while i was at it. but after the post install restart it wouldnt load windows at all - just the back light came on but nothing happened. So i did another factory reset - this time i did it by holding downF11 & the power button, & it loaded fine, i'll be steering clear of that bios update in future.

All appears to be fine, except that the laptop lenovo ideapad is 2yrs old & when i went to settings to update windows & 'checked for updates' it only found the 4 most recent updates detailed below - all dated feb/march 2021. It installed them - which did require a restart but was very quick - there was no blue screen/ circle going round with "pls wait we are configuring your comupter" for 10mins while it updates like there often is, it just restarted & loaded immediately & that was that. Which seems a bit too good to be true!

Update for Windows10 20H2 KB4023057

Lenovo firmware update 2.3.3.0.0

Cumulate update preview .NET framework & Windows KB4601554

Cumulative update preview for windows 10 20H2 KB5000842

Windows malicious software removal tool KB890830

And now when i check for updates it says i am fully updated... but how can it be? What about all the reams of updates between when it was purchased & these very recent ones?

When i've done factory resets before there has always been LOADs of updates to install taking a really long time to download & install. Am wondering whats going on, i dont want to be missing critical updates because something is stopping it checking properly?

:)

charlotte139, Apr 10, 2021
  2. AndreePin Win User

Windows 10 factory reset

Hi Charlie,

We can see here that you are having issues with doing a factory reset on your Windows 10. There are several factors
    why you get the said error and that's what we are going to figure out. To isolate this concern, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • May we know the reason why you want to perform a factory reset?
    • Did you experience any issues on the computer before you tried performing a factory reset?

AndreePin, Apr 10, 2021
  3. Marby Rey Win User
    Factory Reset

Hi Cameron,

Since you did a factory reset on your computer, possibly the outdated network adapter driver causes the connection issue. Just for clarification, did you install the updated network drivers? If not, we suggest that you update the Network adapter driver.

• Go to Device Manager, then click Network adapters and select the network adapter name.
    • Press and hold (or right-click) the network adapter, and then select
      Update Driver Software
      > Search automatically for updated driver software. Follow the steps, then select
      Close.
    • After installing the updated driver, restart the computer.

If Windows can’t find a new driver for your network adapter, visit the PC manufacturer’s website and download the latest network adapter driver from there.

If the issue persists, we recommend that you follow the troubleshooting steps provided on this link:
    Fix network connection issues in Windows 10.

Feel free to send us your feedback at your convenience.

Marby Rey, Apr 10, 2021
  4. EarthDog Win User

Windows not fully updating after factory reset

Is my SSD killing Windows? [UPDATE: fixed]

SE = Secure Erase the drive. This 'resets' it back to out-of-the-factory (writes 0/1's to it essentially). IIRC, you have to initialize the drive again to be able to see it. Its a step or two deeper than formatting it through Windows.

EarthDog, Apr 10, 2021
Thema:

Windows not fully updating after factory reset

1. Windows not fully updating after factory reset - Similar Threads - fully updating factory

2. Unable to FULLY factory reset Windows 11. Languages persist

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to FULLY factory reset Windows 11. Languages persist: Factory reset of Windows 11 keeps list of previously installed languages:I want to sell my computer. I did a factory reset, chose to delete all system and user settings. The computer reset, but the very first window after the reset where you are asked to choose your language...
  3. Unable to FULLY factory reset Windows 11. Languages persist

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to FULLY factory reset Windows 11. Languages persist: Factory reset of Windows 11 keeps list of previously installed languages:I want to sell my computer. I did a factory reset, chose to delete all system and user settings. The computer reset, but the very first window after the reset where you are asked to choose your language...
  4. Trouble with windows update after factory reset

Trouble with windows update after factory reset: I have a Toshiba Satellite that I did a factory reset on, wiping everything. I have been successful in returning many of the updates to the laptop except for "Feature update to Windows 10, version 22H2." The computer is unable to install this. I've tried several times. I've...
  5. Trouble with windows update after factory reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trouble with windows update after factory reset: I have a Toshiba Satellite that I did a factory reset on, wiping everything. I have been successful in returning many of the updates to the laptop except for "Feature update to Windows 10, version 22H2." The computer is unable to install this. I've tried several times. I've...
  6. Trouble with windows update after factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Factory Reset/Windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Factory Reset/Windows update: I factory reset my computer and it returned to Windows 8. Now I'm unable to update anything. Windows update could not search for updates. I'm receiving the message Errors found: Code 80072EFE. Most recent check for updates: never, Updates were installed: never....
  8. Factory Reset/Windows update

Factory Reset/Windows update: I factory reset my computer and it returned to Windows 8. Now I'm unable to update anything. Windows update could not search for updates. I'm receiving the message Errors found: Code 80072EFE. Most recent check for updates: never, Updates were installed: never....
  9. Cant Factory reset pc fully

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cant Factory reset pc fully: Hi I've been trying to wipe my pc but every time I do I don't get a option to wipe my drive when I click remove everything it says do not clean the drive. is there any way to fix this...
  10. Windows refuses factory reset after update!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows refuses factory reset after update!!: Hello, My computer went through an update and as a result, none of the usb ports were working. I could not plug either keyboard or mouse into it, which meant that I could not even write in my password to access it. The keyboard and mouse are only connected for 3-4 seconds...