Windows 10: Windows not functioning properly after update

Discus and support Windows not functioning properly after update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently got the latest feature update for Windows 10. Ever since then, my touchscreen has stopped working, battery icon has grayed out in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ReemWaheed, Apr 13, 2020.

1. Windows not functioning properly after update

I recently got the latest feature update for Windows 10. Ever since then, my touchscreen has stopped working, battery icon has grayed out in the taskbar settings and audio has become disabled. I’ve tried literally everything i can to resolve these issues from trying to fix them in device manager to running the sfc in the command prompt, but nothing has worked. I would have reverted to the last version of Windows 10 i had, but my PC informed me that it had been deleted to save space. Is there anything else i can do that does not involve reinstalling Windows?

:)

ReemWaheed, Apr 13, 2020

2. Sound not functioning properly

Dear Members

i have just updated to Windows 10

when i play music my sound is not functioning properly

please suggest any solution

my Device is

SONY VAIO - E Series

suraj kamble, Apr 13, 2020
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Apr 13, 2020
  4. Windows not functioning properly after update

Windows not functioning properly

Hello Bob,

Thank you for providing us the additional information.

As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to check for the latest updates in Windows 10 which helps the PC to make optimal use of Windows 10 capabilities as well as fixing any missing links in performance of the operating system.

To check for updates now, go to Settings > Update & security > Windows Update, and select
    Check for updates. If Windows Update says that your PC is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available.

If it still does not help, follow the below methods and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type
      sfc /scannow
      and press enter.

• Restart the computer.
    Ref: Using System File Checker
    in Windows 10

Method 2

If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state or were irrecoverable, then I suggest you to try the following steps to deploy the DISM command lines:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click command prompt (Run as administrator).

• In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press Enter key after each command:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

Important: When you run this command, DISM uses Windows Update to provide the files that are required to fix corruptions.

• To close the Administrator: Command prompt window, type Exit, and then press Enter.

Click
      here
      for more information about running the DISM Tool.

Method 3

If the issue still persists, I suggest you to check if the same issue occur when logged in through a different Local Administrator user account.

Follow the steps mentioned below:

• Assuming that you are already logged on to your user account in Windows 10, click the Start button.
    • From the Start menu, click your name from the top of the left pane.
    • From the displayed options click Sign out.
    • From the login screen, click to the different user account you want to switch to.

However, if you do not have a separate user account, I suggest you to create another Local administrator user account by referring to the Microsoft article here: Set
    up accounts

Kindly keep us posted on the status of the issue. If it does not help, we would be happy to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Apr 13, 2020
Thema:

Windows not functioning properly after update

1. Windows not functioning properly after update - Similar Threads - functioning properly update

2. Laptop not functioning properly after failed windows update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop not functioning properly after failed windows update?: I restarted my computer earlier today and it started a Windows update that eventually failed to go through. Afterwards, my laptop started behaving oddly. My caps lock would randomly turn on. Every time I search something up in chrome, a new window is automatically opened. I...
  3. Laptop not functioning properly after failed windows update?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop not functioning properly after failed windows update?: I restarted my computer earlier today and it started a Windows update that eventually failed to go through. Afterwards, my laptop started behaving oddly. My caps lock would randomly turn on. Every time I search something up in chrome, a new window is automatically opened. I...
  4. Laptop not functioning properly after failed windows update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows apps not functioning properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows apps not functioning properly: There are a couple issues with windows that are making things hard. It started with the calculator app not opening, so when I went to reinstall it via the Windows Store app, it gave me the error above. This time it appeared in a window but usually it's just red text next to...
  6. Windows apps not functioning properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows apps not functioning properly: There are a couple issues with windows that are making things hard. It started with the calculator app not opening, so when I went to reinstall it via the Windows Store app, it gave me the error above. This time it appeared in a window but usually it's just red text next to...
  7. Windows apps not functioning properly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. NVidia GPU on Laptop doesn't function properly after Windows KB5003637 Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    NVidia GPU on Laptop doesn't function properly after Windows KB5003637 Update: I have a 2015 Alienware 15 running a 4th Gen i7 with 16 gigs of RAM and a GTX 980m.After the KB5003637 update, Task manager refuses to show my GPU under processes, Nvidia control panel refuses to open, I've tried uninstalling, reinstalling and updating my drivers to the...
  9. Will my windows 10 function properly without the updates?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will my windows 10 function properly without the updates?: So my ASUS authorized service center decided to delete the files necessary for the windows update application. They reasoned that since it was also the reason why my hard disk got corrupted (thus losing all my data because recovery means voiding the warranty), they decided to...
  10. Windows Store and Windows update not functioning properly

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Store and Windows update not functioning properly: For at least a few days now I haven't been able to use Windows Update or install anything from the Windows Store. Every single app that I try to download just comes up with "Code: 0x80072F8F" I have tried everything from resetting the windows store to using an install USB...