Windows 10: Windows not getting activated when switched to Virtualbox

Discus and support Windows not getting activated when switched to Virtualbox in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi There! So I converted my old laptop to vhd disk and started using it on VirtualBox. Everything is working fine except the activation. I already... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by hiteshgupta3, Nov 30, 2019.

1. Windows not getting activated when switched to Virtualbox

Hi There!

So I converted my old laptop to vhd disk and started using it on VirtualBox. Everything is working fine except the activation. I already had a digital license linked to that laptop.

Do I need to purchase another license?

:)

hiteshgupta3, Nov 30, 2019

2. Virtualbox - Windows activation

Hello

I am planning to run virtualbox on linux and would like to have multi- windows virtual machines in virtualbox.

Do I need to buy multi-windows activation key? Or 1 Only ?

Thanks

FaisalBuafra, Nov 30, 2019
  3. PuB_Evo Win User
    Sun VirtualBox

Been there and done that. Followed through enabling the 3D acceleration and as told i hit the "Install Guest Addition" to install the drivers in the guest operating system, after that i was told to reboot the VirtualBox and came to the blue windows XP shutdown screen... It was on that screen for more then 30mins and so i force a shutdown on the original Win7 OS to et rid of the VirtualBox OS shutdown screen. Rebooted and tested VirtualBox with the game and got the same error message as shown in my first post.

EDIT: Gone through all the steps till i came to rebooting the VirtualBox OS. After the system coming up normally, i checked if the 3D acceleration is enabled by running dxdiag. Here is what i get...

Windows not getting activated when switched to Virtualbox DirectX.png

Need advise to fix 3D acceleration so i can go on. Thank you so much!

PuB_Evo, Nov 30, 2019
  4. Windows not getting activated when switched to Virtualbox

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Nov 30, 2019
Thema:

Windows not getting activated when switched to Virtualbox

1. Windows not getting activated when switched to Virtualbox - Similar Threads - getting activated switched

2. cant activate my virtualbox

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant activate my virtualbox: Hi i have a problem i have a windows 7 ultimate virtual machine and cant activate because i dont know whats the product key can you help me ? the program i use is oracle virtualbox and thank you...
  3. cant activate my virtualbox

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cant activate my virtualbox: Hi i have a problem i have a windows 7 ultimate virtual machine and cant activate because i dont know whats the product key can you help me ? the program i use is oracle virtualbox and thank you...
  4. Windows 10 License in VirtualBox - Activation error

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 License in VirtualBox - Activation error: Hello, I have a Windows 10 Pro license installed on VIRTUALBOX, and for this usage only Originaly it was a Windows 7 Pro license upgraded to 10. I wasn't have a microsoft account. All works perfectly since 1 year. The disk file VDI was on a mecanic hard-drive. It was...
  5. Windows defender isn't getting activated or switched ON.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows defender isn't getting activated or switched ON.: When I bought my laptop, it had NPAV built in with one year validity. Windows defender was deactivated as NPAV was taking care of protection. But now it's been more than an year. I have deleted/uninstalled NPAV. But I can't activate windows defender. Any solution or insight?...
  6. Windows Activation When Switching Microsoft Accounts

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Activation When Switching Microsoft Accounts: So i switched microsoft accounts when buying a PC off a friend. Now windows is asking me to activate windows 10 because I guess it was account linked. Do i have to rebuy windows for my account, or can I find the product key somewhere else? submitted by /u/bruhthisshitagain...
  7. Activating Windows in a type 2 hypervisor Virtualbox

Activating Windows in a type 2 hypervisor Virtualbox: Hi all, I want to activate my Windows installation on Virtualbox, which is an open source type 2 hypervisor. I am currently running a Linux installation Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS as my main OS. I have a windows 10 pro that I purchased through the Microsoft store, and Windows 10 home...
  8. Win 10 activation on Virtualbox

Win 10 activation on Virtualbox: Hi, I had a Win 7 which I've upgraded to Win 10 and inside that Win 10 I've instaled virtualbox with win 10 technical preview to see what's comming next. Not long ago I've bought ssd and I've done clean installation and because motherboard and cpu was the same there was no...
  9. How to activate Windows 10 guest in VirtualBox

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    How to activate Windows 10 guest in VirtualBox: I have updated my OS to Windows 10 which has been activated during the upgrade from Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64bit. I have added Windows 10 as a guest in Virtualbox, how do I validate the Windows 10 guest? 25675
  10. Legit Windows 10 in VirtualBox on Ubuntu - Activate?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Legit Windows 10 in VirtualBox on Ubuntu - Activate?: Hello folks! I am dual-booting Windows 10 and Ubuntu, and consequently have a properly activated Windows 10 installed on my PC. Now, I'm working from home and my company requires that I keep this time-tracking app running while I work. It's a Windows app, but I work in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. will windows be activated if i uninstal windows on the ubuntu using the virtualbox