Windows 10: Windows Not Hiding E-Mail on Lock Screen, Signing Users In, Black Screens

Discus and support Windows Not Hiding E-Mail on Lock Screen, Signing Users In, Black Screens in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've recently bought a new computer from a well known and trusted PC/laptop supplier. My last system was purchased from them with Windows installed and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Bnetquery, Nov 29, 2019.

1. Bnetquery Win User

Windows Not Hiding E-Mail on Lock Screen, Signing Users In, Black Screens

I've recently bought a new computer from a well known and trusted PC/laptop supplier. My last system was purchased from them with Windows installed and setup left to myself, no problems whatsoever. The system has been working fairly well, I had a few blue screen pop ups with a video TDR error. I believe this was down to a faulty HDMI, I've replaced it with a newer and high quality HDMI cable and all seems fine in that regard.

I have, however, been having some difficulty using Windows 10.

Firstly, a minor issue but it does bother me; we have 3 users on the computer. On the lock screen, the other 2 users' email addresses are hidden and it just shows their full name. For my account, the email address is shown on the lock screen as opposed to a name. I've looked up how to change this and gone to 'sign-in options' and set the 'show my account details' box to off. Yet my email address is still listed as the login username. How can I change this?

Secondly, I'm noticing quite often that when trying to shut down the computer, it is warning me that other users are still logged in. This applies even when I've been the only user to login after turning on the computer. I've spoken to one user, and they have started up the computer from being completely turned off, signed into their account only, used the computer for a time and when going to turn it off, another user is shown as being signed in. I find this myself when signing into my account. The computer is always turned off after use, so I don't know if it's keeping users logged in when they turn the computer off without selecting 'sign out' beforehand, or if it is logging in other users in the background. Either way it's becoming increasingly annoying, and I've never had this kind of problem with our last family computer.

(In addition to this, I have noticed some odd behavior - I entered my login PIN about a week ago and it started the sign in process, only for the lock screen to appear again as if I hadn't just entered my pin so I had to do the same again to login. I also tried to switch user earlier to logout the user who seemed to still be logged in, and the screen went a shade of black (the kind that shows when the computer is still running in the background) with just a cursor on screen.

Third, OneDrive was properly installed and automatically installed for every other user. I couldn't access the app from my own account (which is the primary administrator and first account created on the system) and files weren't syncing. I tried to search for the OneDrive app in files to open it and it was just an empty file. I found a way to install it through the online installation process and it has since started working properly on my account. This action was not necessary for the other 2 user accounts.

Is it possible that I have a faulty version of Windows 10? I have used Windows 10 before, although not much since my last computer broke down in 2017. Help would be appreciated as I am usually quite good at fixing these things but I'm finding a lot of the new features aren't quite working properly.

:)

Bnetquery, Nov 29, 2019
  2. dacrone Win User

different lock screen and sign in screen?

Step 2b is labeled as Change the Login Screen Image, but the steps show you how to change the Lock Screen image. Step 2a is irrelevant. It only tells you how to change the desktop background.

What I want to do:
    Set Spotlight as the LOCK Screen Image(s) - Done
    Set the Win 10 Hero Image as the SIGN IN Screen Image - This is the one that shows after you click on the lock screen and you are able to type your password. If I uncheck "Show Lock Screen Image on Sign In Screen", it shows a solid blue background behind my Password box and user image. This is what I want to change to the Hero Image....

dacrone, Nov 29, 2019
  3. Black lock screen

Using latest Windows 10 (ver 1607 14393.187) 64bit. Using Windows Spotlight for Lock screen.

If "Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen" is off, lock screen has background picture, sign-in does not; this is correct.

If it is on, then lock screen background is black (date etc is OK) and sign-in has the lock screen background picture. Lock screen should have picture, not black.

JosephLTate, Nov 29, 2019
  4. Windows Not Hiding E-Mail on Lock Screen, Signing Users In, Black Screens

Windows locking up at start screen. HELP!

It will load to safemode but will lock up, it locks up at the user screen.

pepsi71ocean, Nov 29, 2019
Thema:

Windows Not Hiding E-Mail on Lock Screen, Signing Users In, Black Screens

1. Windows Not Hiding E-Mail on Lock Screen, Signing Users In, Black Screens - Similar Threads - Hiding Mail Lock

2. Showing lock screen on sign-in makes lock screen image black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Showing lock screen on sign-in makes lock screen image black: When I turn on the setting "Show the lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen" under personisation, the lock screen bbackground picture will just be black. Here's an example:Setting ONSetting OFFMy laptop: ASUS TUF Gaming F15Other info: Factory reset 8 days ago...
  3. Showing lock screen on sign-in makes lock screen image black

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Showing lock screen on sign-in makes lock screen image black: When I turn on the setting "Show the lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen" under personisation, the lock screen bbackground picture will just be black. Here's an example:Setting ONSetting OFFMy laptop: ASUS TUF Gaming F15Other info: Factory reset 8 days ago...
  4. Show or hide Network icon on Sign-in screen and Lock screen in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Show or hide Network icon on Sign-in screen and Lock screen in Windows 10: [ATTACH]By default, the Network icon (or Wi-Fi icon) is visible on both the sign-in […] This article Show or hide Network icon on Sign-in screen and Lock screen in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  5. Lock screen/sign-on

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Lock screen/sign-on: I only have one account on my Windows 10 desktop. It used to boot up to the "in-focus" lock screen. I would press the space bar to display the password box. Windows recently upgraded itself to version 2004. Now on a boot-up from power off, it goes to the "blurry" lock screen...
  6. Black screen after signing into user account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen after signing into user account: After updating my windows today, I can no longer see my desktop. After I sign into my user account the screen is completely black, except for the cursor. I can open task manager just fine. I tried creating a new admin user, but the issue is the same. What’s going on and...
  7. How To Hide my e-mail at start-up screen ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How To Hide my e-mail at start-up screen ?: I can't hide my e-mail which is displayed on the log-in screen although i have turned show account details option off How to Do that ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-hide-my-e-mail-at-start-up-screen/65ac96fc-bc08-4bc8-bfaa-a820e973e8fb"
  8. Signing in black screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Signing in black screen: Why am I getting a black screen for several minutes between the time I sign in to Windows 10 and when my homepage appears? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/signing-in-black-screen/4f6738bf-1160-4bcc-b5f2-c9da770a93b4
  9. Sign in black screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sign in black screen: Hi... successfully installed 1803 yesterday after 5 days... :-) This morning, powered on entered the password and was informed it was incorrect...! checked the password on my other devices it was correct... tried it on the laptop again it refused and went to black screen..!...
  10. Lock Screen/Sign-in screen problems - screen shows three users

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Lock Screen/Sign-in screen problems - screen shows three users: I've been using Windows 10 for just over one year. For some reason the Lock Screen/Sign-in screen shows three users. All three are me in three iterations. I find also that when trying to save some excel and word documents I receive messages saying that i am not allowed to...