Windows 10: Windows not letting app access the internet?

Discus and support Windows not letting app access the internet? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So recently i bought a program for 3d modeling And it came with 2 programs 1 works but the second one when you launch it for the first time it asks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Need_Not, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Need_Not Win User

Windows not letting app access the internet?

So recently i bought a program for 3d modeling

And it came with 2 programs 1 works but the second one when you launch it for the first time it asks for a license key so i put it in and press ok but 10 seconds later it pops up saying i am offline and it can't access the website so i can't use it. I have tried turning off fire wall, redownloading it and even tried on 3 different pcs still nothing. At first i thought it was there website but one of the owners said he got it just fine and even used my keys and it still works so i think it's 3 things

1 most likely windows is blocking it out side of firewall and idk how do change that thats why i am hete

2 not likely but maybe my wifi is too slow

But its around 7 mbs

3 not likely at all but maybe because he lives in another country he gets it to work and the website has problems here

And wifi works just fine on anything else just ni this so if you know of a setting that could be blocking it plz tell me

:)

Need_Not, Feb 3, 2019

2. Preventing access to modern app

Ive been tasked with preventing the children from accessing instagram. I've got it listed in my windows hosts file and internet options/security/restricted site but the windows 10 app is still allowing access. Any suggestions other then deleting app which can just be reinstalled?

FrostyWinnipeg, Feb 4, 2019
  3. No internet access for Windows 10 or any of windows apps (Edge, weather, store, update,...)

Hello Lowell Crabtree,

This issue may be related to few things, I will suggest you to follow the instructions bellow.

Step 1. Disable the proxy settings:

If your proxy server is enabled, this may cause internet connection problem for windows application. so i would like to suggest you to disable the proxy first.

for disabling the proxy, you need to follow the instructions below.

1. Open Run Box by pressing Windows +R keys together.

2. Type Control in the Run Box and press enter.

3. Click On Network and internet option, and choose internet option.

4. After choosing the internet options, you need to click on connections tab.

5. Click On Lan Settings,

6. Now If you can see check on Use a proxy server settings. you should simply uncheck it and click on ok.

Now you should try to access the internet.

Step 2: Change DNS Address :

if your dns server is not responding properly. this may cause no internet access problem for windows apps. so i will suggest you to change dns address by following the instructions below.

• Open Run Box,
    • Type ncpa.cpl in the top address bar.
    • Right click on your network adapter and go to properties
    • Now select Tcp ipV4 and click on properties again.
    • Click On Use the following DNS server address, and type 8.8.8.8 in the primary DNS address.
    • Type 8.8.4.4 in the secondary DNS address.
    • Now press ok button and close the network connections window.
    Finally you need to reboot your computer and lets see, it this is working now or not.

Step 3 - If you can still not connect to internet using windows application, i will suggest you to uninstall the antivirus or disable it for while.

Now check if you can get connected to the internet or not.

AjayRathaur, Feb 4, 2019
  4. Windows not letting app access the internet?

Unable to access internet

Original Title: Internet access

Hi Greg,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10. I understand the frustration to wait for something and it is taking a long time.

I would suggest you to perform an Internet troubleshooter by following the steps below.

• Click on start and type ‘troubleshooting’ and press enter.
    • Click on ‘View all’ on top left corner.
    • Select ‘Internet Connections’ in the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Also, check if the issue persists by connecting to a different network.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write is back for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 4, 2019
Thema:

Windows not letting app access the internet?

1. Windows not letting app access the internet? - Similar Threads - letting app access

2. Internet access but no access to Internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet access but no access to Internet: My laptop suddenly does not access Internet but on the WiFi it says connected with internet access.. When I ping Google on cmd 8.8.8.8 it pings successfully.. I tried setting manual DNS, uninstalling network drivers then restart, downloaded drivers from other device and...
  3. Internet access but no access to Internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet access but no access to Internet: My laptop suddenly does not access Internet but on the WiFi it says connected with internet access.. When I ping Google on cmd 8.8.8.8 it pings successfully.. I tried setting manual DNS, uninstalling network drivers then restart, downloaded drivers from other device and...
  4. Internet access but no access to Internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Let this app access your info?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Let this app access your info?: When the Alarms & Clock app by Microsoft ask "Let this app access your info?" and you click NO but it keeps asking, it's time to look real hard at Linux. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/let-this-app-access-your-info/e2a9a044-64de-4125-9cca-04fe1404f3eb
  6. Let this app access your info?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Let this app access your info?: When the Alarms & Clock app by Microsoft ask "Let this app access your info?" and you click NO but it keeps asking, it's time to look real hard at Linux. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/let-this-app-access-your-info/e2a9a044-64de-4125-9cca-04fe1404f3eb
  7. Let this app access your info?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Allow app Internet access.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Allow app Internet access.: Hello! I've been having a problem with a game, I can't access its online features, but it's not the game's problem, it's probably my network. I am wondering how to find out where the game is "trying to connect to", and whitelist it on my router. (I don't even know if it's an...
  9. Let this app access your info

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Let this app access your info: Cant verify maintain access to data you have given microsoft flight simulator. Unverified cant click on yes and enter key does not do anything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/let-this-app-access-your-info/fda82dc8-130c-46fe-a5d7-b3d3ddf0712a
  10. Restrict Internet Access for Apps?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restrict Internet Access for Apps?: [IMG] Hi Guys! Im a bit paranoid about what goes in and out of my pc, and i wanted to know if theres an app for my fears. Im looking for something that blocks ALL apps, best case including windows, from accessing the internet without asking me, kinda the same way User...