Windows 10: Windows Not Letting Me Change Default Browser To Google Chrome

Discus and support Windows Not Letting Me Change Default Browser To Google Chrome in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am trying to set google chrome as my default browser but it wont show it as an option [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Collin Anderson★, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Windows Not Letting Me Change Default Browser To Google Chrome

I am trying to set google chrome as my default browser but it wont show it as an option Windows Not Letting Me Change Default Browser To Google Chrome a9731fa5-7cc5-422b-8328-108965a26a4a?upload=true.png

:)

Collin Anderson★, Sep 14, 2018
  2. jhona107 Win User

Windows 10 not allowing to change default browser to google chrome

I recently re-installed windows 10. Have tried every way to change default browser from Edge to Chrome, to no avail. Even changed the default by file type, HTML, Htm, to open with google chrome. Under Apps & Features, google is listed as my browser, but in Default apps-Web browser-choose default, I can click on google chrome till the cows come home and no sale. Very frustrated, have never like Edge. What is my next move? Even Apps by protocol has google chrome listed but it still won't respond.

jhona107, Sep 14, 2018
  3. Can't change default browser to Google Chrome

Also You can follow this method

Make Chrome the default using Default Programs

Step 1: Open Default Programs by typing Default Programs in taskbar search box and then pressing Enter key.

Step 2: Once Default Programs is launched, click the first link titled Set your default programs.

Step 3: On the left-side, scroll down to see Google Chrome entry, click on it, and then click Set this program as default option available on the right-side to set Chrome as your default browser in Windows 10.

Hope this help

MarcosAraujo2, Sep 14, 2018
  4. Windows Not Letting Me Change Default Browser To Google Chrome

Reset the default browser to Google Chrome

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. I apologize for the inconvenience.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the changes apply to the system.

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Control panel from the context menu.
    • From the top right corner of the screen click on
      View by
      and select Large icons.
    • Select Default Programs and click on
      Set your default programs from the window.
    • Under Programs, select Chrome browser, click on
      Set this program as default and click on OK.
    • Close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Let us know the status.

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Sep 14, 2018
Thema:

Windows Not Letting Me Change Default Browser To Google Chrome

1. Windows Not Letting Me Change Default Browser To Google Chrome - Similar Threads - Letting Change Default

2. Windows 11 will not let me change browser default to Chrome.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 will not let me change browser default to Chrome.: I do not get the prompt that says make Google Chrome your default. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Chrome and still cannot? New ASUS X515 laptop with Windows 11 Home. New ASUS X515 laptop with Windows 11 Home....
  3. Windows 11 will not let me change browser default to Chrome.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 will not let me change browser default to Chrome.: I do not get the prompt that says make Google Chrome your default. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Chrome and still cannot? New ASUS X515 laptop with Windows 11 Home. New ASUS X515 laptop with Windows 11 Home....
  4. google chrome as default browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    google chrome as default browser: Hello!I'm having a strange repeting problem and I don't know what is causing it. I set google chrome as my default browser and yes when I open it, it's chrome that I see. The problem is when I open a new tab: it switches browser for no reasons. I ofter opens bing or yahoo...
  5. google chrome as default browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    google chrome as default browser: Hello!I'm having a strange repeting problem and I don't know what is causing it. I set google chrome as my default browser and yes when I open it, it's chrome that I see. The problem is when I open a new tab: it switches browser for no reasons. I ofter opens bing or yahoo...
  6. google chrome as default browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    google chrome as default browser: I have been using Google Chrome as my default browser forever, however now the last few days every time I click on the icon to launch it, it won't open. I have tried everything! I have uninstalled and reinstalled it at least 6x and still nothing has worked.Is or has anyone...
  7. Google Chrome NOT Really Default Browser.

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome NOT Really Default Browser.: I have Google Chrome set as my Default Browser. However, if I goto Control Panel => Security and Maintenance => Change Security and Maintenance Settings, and click the How does Security and Maintenance check for problems? link, Microsoft Edge opens. Has it got ANYTHING to do...
  8. Can't change default browser to Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't change default browser to Google Chrome: Hi I use windows 10 version 1803 When I try changing the default browser in the settings, there's only 2 I can choose, Edge and Internet Explorer. I would like to use Google Chrome but it doesn't show up. The program is installed in my computer, I'm even using it right now...
  9. Google Chrome is not your default browser problem

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome is not your default browser problem: I'm having a persistent problem with Google Chrome. Although Windows 10 says Chrome is the default browser, Google Chrome itself does not "believe" it, and I keep getting the "Google Chrome is not your default browser" notification when I bring up the browser. In settings it...
  10. Windows 10 not allowing to change default browser to google chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 not allowing to change default browser to google chrome: I recently re-installed windows 10. Have tried every way to change default browser from Edge to Chrome, to no avail. Even changed the default by file type, HTML, Htm, to open with google chrome. Under Apps & Features, google is listed as my browser, but in Default apps-Web...