Windows 10: Windows not letting me reset,MediaCreationTool crashing immediately, Rufus not opening files

Discus and support Windows not letting me reset,MediaCreationTool crashing immediately, Rufus not opening files in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Few days ago windows 10 has been running fine but recently I think I’ve had a few corruption problems that couldn’t be fix with DISM healthrestore and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Sad_Budget87, Mar 7, 2021.

1. Windows not letting me reset,MediaCreationTool crashing immediately, Rufus not opening files

Few days ago windows 10 has been running fine but recently I think I’ve had a few corruption problems that couldn’t be fix with DISM healthrestore and sfc scannow, so I opted to resetting windows 10 but it doesn’t even let me open media creation tool and also runs into problems when I tried the reset this pc option. I’ve tried downloading Rufus and burning a windows iso onto a usb but it doesn’t even open file explorer when I click the select button. The log for Rufus says “CoCreationInstance For FileOpenDialog failed: [0x80040154] The supplied kernel information is invalid. Could not select file for open. Error FFFF” Any help or suggestions would be appreciated!

submitted by /u/Sad_Budget87
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Sad_Budget87, Mar 7, 2021
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

QuickBooks crash while opening data file

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

As you have mentioned that after Windows and QuickBooks update whenever you open a data file in QuickBooks, it crashes. We would like to know if any other programs are crashing apart from QuickBooks.

I suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned below:

Method 1: Repair QuickBooks

I suggest you to try repairing QuickBooks and then open data file in it. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type appwiz.cpl and click on
      OK
    3. Look for QuickBooks application from the list, right click on it and select
      Repair.
    4. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the repair process.

If repairing QuickBooks didn’t fix the issue, please refer Method 2.

Method 2: Open Sample data file

You can try opening a Sample data file in QuickBooks and check if QuickBooks crash. If QuickBooks didn’t crash while opening Sample data file, I suspect that the data file that you are trying to open is causing the crash. In this case, I suggest you
    to contact the
    QuickBooks support
    team.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 7, 2021
  3. jsfitz54 Win User
    Rufus 2.18, last update to support Windows XP and Vista

SEE HERE: http://rufus.akeo.ie/

Changelog
    • Version 2.18 (2017.11.07)
      • Ensure that the same drive is reselected on device refresh
      • Add a cheat mode to cycle the USB port of currently selected device
      • Make lookup for updatable .cfg file more generic (e.g. ESET SysRescue)
      • Fix handling of multiextent ISOs (e.g. BlackArch Linux)
      • Fix propagation of image decompression errors
      • Update grub4dos to latest
      RUFUS 2.18 IS THE LAST RELEASE TO SUPPORT WINDOWS XP AND WINDOWS VISTA.
      FUTURE RELEASES WILL NO LONGER BE COMPATIBLE WITH THESE PLATFORMS!

jsfitz54, Mar 7, 2021
  4. jaydeee Win User

Windows not letting me reset,MediaCreationTool crashing immediately, Rufus not opening files

PowerPoint file crashes PowerPoint upon opening

since this happens in some of the computers only, suggest that you open the file on working computer and copy everything and paste to a new powerpoint file.
    most of the time it works to me. *Smile Windows not letting me reset,MediaCreationTool crashing immediately, Rufus not opening files :)

jaydeee, Mar 7, 2021
Thema:

Windows not letting me reset,MediaCreationTool crashing immediately, Rufus not opening files

1. Windows not letting me reset,MediaCreationTool crashing immediately, Rufus not opening files - Similar Threads - letting reset MediaCreationTool

2. windows pc will not let me reset it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows pc will not let me reset it: trying to reset the pc and it say the disk is locked, clicking on the start key willnot open anything, i went to the microsoft page to ask for remote help and it will not let me click on the I accept to ask for remote help...
  3. windows pc will not let me reset it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows pc will not let me reset it: trying to reset the pc and it say the disk is locked, clicking on the start key willnot open anything, i went to the microsoft page to ask for remote help and it will not let me click on the I accept to ask for remote help...
  4. W8 / W10 install methods. Don't need MediaCreationTool or Rufus.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W8 / W10 install methods. Don't need MediaCreationTool or Rufus.: For the noobs out there, I have found an time saving way create Windows Install media that is faster than the official tool.You DON'T need to use the official MediaCreationTool which re-downloads Windows every time when you create an install USB drive.Also, you don't need the...
  5. W8 / W10 install methods. Don't need MediaCreationTool or Rufus.

W8 / W10 install methods. Don't need MediaCreationTool or Rufus.: For the noobs out there, I have found an time saving way create Windows Install media that is faster than the official tool.You DON'T need to use the official MediaCreationTool which re-downloads Windows every time when you create an install USB drive.Also, you don't need the...
  6. W8 / W10 install methods. Don't need MediaCreationTool or Rufus.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. windows not letting me reset my pc and open admin apps

windows not letting me reset my pc and open admin apps: for some reason my pc "cant" open admin apps or reset itmy pc was old like back in windows 8 and it was working fine so i don't want to throw out this pc/sell this pcplease helpalso i cant open cmd as admin....
  8. Windows Files are Corrupt and Wont Let Me Reset Everything

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Files are Corrupt and Wont Let Me Reset Everything: Hello all, I have been in an issue lately where random files left and right were having huge issues and sometimes basic actions is confronted with an error that would still occur even after troubleshooting. What I decided would be the best is just a full restart to have a...
  9. Windows App file will not let me open it

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows App file will not let me open it: I want to get into the Windows App file, but it says I do not have permission to access the file, and to go to the security settings. I went there to grant myself access, but it won't let me. How do I get access to this file? Also, how can I change which drive it saves to?...
  10. Windows won't let me reset AND keep my files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows won't let me reset AND keep my files: So a few days back, my laptop asked for a restart after an upgrade and since then, it was displaying the error 0xc0000225. I managed to create an installation usb to repair my computer. Everything was going fine until it got stuck while resetting. When I try to boot again,...