Windows 10: Windows not loading after update failed. Showing message "error please insert the external...

Discus and support Windows not loading after update failed. Showing message "error please insert the external... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Since the storage was limited in my RDP Thinbook laptop, Windows suggested to use an external device for windows 10 update. So I used my 32 GB usb... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Harikrishnan K, Nov 29, 2019.

1. Windows not loading after update failed. Showing message "error please insert the external...

Since the storage was limited in my RDP Thinbook laptop, Windows suggested to use an external device for windows 10 update. So I used my 32 GB usb flash drive. The update started and it was literally not moving. After waiting for some 6 hours it showed a message that “external storage device error”, so I removed flash drive and then a message came "error please insert the external storage media and press ok". So I put back flash drive and then that message will go and screen remains again blank with the mouse pointer all alone. I tried to restart but same message comes "error please insert the external storage media and press ok". Now I cant either use my previous version of windows nor the new one. I cant access my computer. Is there any solution that you can suggest?

:)

Harikrishnan K, Nov 29, 2019
  2. xTSx Win User

Error: Please Insert The External Storage Media And Press Ok

My computer, HP 14-an013nr, said to do the Windows 10 update, but the storage was full so it suggested an external storage device... The problem is that now after using a usp drive and following the steps it is unable to reinstall the previous version. I've
    tried this multiple times and even when it says "Restoring the previous version of windows" it always comes back to the "error please insert the external storage media and press ok" message. I can no longer use the computer. It will do NOTHING. It won't restore
    the previous version of windows and only shows a black screen with the error message. Is there a way to save the thing or is it lost?

3. Windows Update Error Message 0x80070543

Ya Ya Ya, there's over a hundred threads like this, ...

Anyway, started getting this error message a few days ago, and done a lot of searching on this error message, apparently it's not, uncommon.

In particular, the (currently) 4 updates that are being affected are:
    • Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3173428) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3172729) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3174060) - Error 0x80070543
    • Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3176493) - Error 0x80070543

The actions I've taken to date are:
    1. Uninstalled firewall program (comodo)
    2. Uninstalled anti-virus (Avast)
    3. Reset the windows update catalog on local machine.

So the above errors are with the above done.

What other steps should I be taking to resolve the issue?

Below is notations for when I actually add to this thread.

1. Attempted to use the troubleshooter, no dice.

cDreamDancer, Nov 29, 2019
  4. jds21 Win User

Windows not loading after update failed. Showing message "error please insert the external...

Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Nov 29, 2019
Thema:

Windows not loading after update failed. Showing message "error please insert the external...

1. Windows not loading after update failed. Showing message "error please insert the external... - Similar Threads - loading update failed

2. "Please Insert Disk into USB Drive" Error message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Please Insert Disk into USB Drive" Error message: I have been using a free 3rd-party program called IMGBurn for copying the contents of old CDs and DVDs onto. The program is old, but is still recommended by every website I can find and by many people on the internet I once saw a MichealMJD video in which he mentioned that he...
  3. "Please Insert Disk into USB Drive" Error message

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Please Insert Disk into USB Drive" Error message: I have been using a free 3rd-party program called IMGBurn for copying the contents of old CDs and DVDs onto. The program is old, but is still recommended by every website I can find and by many people on the internet I once saw a MichealMJD video in which he mentioned that he...
  4. windows updat fails with error message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows updat fails with error message: usinf the microsoft helper tool after months of update failure - stalling at 61% on every attempt using the standard window update function! - i now get error message "Feature update to Windows 10, version 21H2 -Error 0x80d02013" - how to fix? "...
  5. windows updat fails with error message

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows updat fails with error message: usinf the microsoft helper tool after months of update failure - stalling at 61% on every attempt using the standard window update function! - i now get error message "Feature update to Windows 10, version 21H2 -Error 0x80d02013" - how to fix? "...
  6. windows updat fails with error message

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Please insert the external storage media and press okay error message

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Please insert the external storage media and press okay error message: [IMG]I was trying to update to windows 2004, after a 2nd try and after waiting for many hours it was still on 0% so I pressed the power button until my laptop restarted. I did it the 1st time I tried to update and I was able to open it but now when I tried to restart my...
  8. Error please insert the external storage media and press ok

Error please insert the external storage media and press ok: I was wondering if anyone could help. Ive been recieveing the error message (the one in the title) and it stays on a black screen and nothing happens i cant click on anything as my windows wont load. Ive got a acer aspier. I recently contacted MS support to fix this issue but...
  9. Error: please insert external media...

Error: please insert external media...: [ATTACH]this is what I'm getting and I can't click open or close anything what do I do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-please-insert-external-media/d3d4a0bf-5dcd-4f6d-9f26-32a711f3b96f
  10. Please insert disc error message

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Please insert disc error message: I keep getting an eror message when I insert windows 7 professional on windows 10 internal dvdrw player. I have the same problem on my laptop but on my brothers pc It works soundly so cant send it back. I know this is a windows ten forum but since its windows 10 i have...