Windows 10: Windows not locking after set idle time

Discus and support Windows not locking after set idle time in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I got a new laptop and initially set up the account without any internet connection to avoid my username from being truncated to 5 characters... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SamZTK, Mar 6, 2021.

1. SamZTK Win User

Windows not locking after set idle time

Hello,

I got a new laptop and initially set up the account without any internet connection to avoid my username from being truncated to 5 characters - a bug in my opinion .. but that's another topic. Anyway I then connect to my Microsoft account after getting on my wifi. Next I try to set my screen to lock after a certain number of idle minutes setting my Screen Saver Wait time to 2 minutes and select the "On resume, display the logon screen" - but it never locks. I've tried many different minute value to no avail. I also had this problem on my old laptop. Is this a known Microsoft bug? Any to work around this aside from manually locking my screen?

:)

SamZTK, Mar 6, 2021
  2. Arul_D Win User

windows 10 lock screen slideshow timing...

Hello Andrew,

I understand your concern and we will try our best to help you resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps. Refer to the below steps:

• Type Lock screen in the search bar and press enter

• Select Advanced Slideshow settings

• Click on Turn off screen after slideshow has played for and select the time limit
    Let us know if you need more information and we'll be happy to assist.

Arul_D, Mar 6, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Home idle lock screen setting keeps reverting

Hello,

I have Windows 10 Home, and my desktop keeps going to the lock screen requiring me to type my password in after 15 minutes of idle time. I have already went to Start > Settings > System > Power and sleep, and changed the "When plugged in, turn off after"
    setting to never, but it keeps switching back to 15 minutes and locking after that amount of time anyway. Is this a known Windows 10 glitch? It's very annoying and I don't want to have to keep signing back in if I step away from my desktop. Thanks for any
    help.

SlimsyYeti, Mar 6, 2021
  4. Fcis_M Win User

Task scheduler On Idle task not triggered Windows 7

Windows 10: I've just tested on windows 10 and set the task idle time to be 5 mins, but it
    still triggered after 4 mins only, I've manually timed it 3 times and always triggers after 4 mins not 5 mins, any idea why?

Windows 7: Isn't the task triggered because Windows 7 does not admire the 4 minute idle timer as
    according to Microsoft Windows 7 checks if the system is idle every 15 minutes? if so then shouldn't it work if the task idle time is set to 20 mins for example?

UPDATE : I just tested it and manually timed it twice on my Windows 7 machine and it always triggers after 15 mins of Idle time even if I am setting the Idle task to 20 mins. Also my
    application doesn't start although the task is triggered but instead of my application running a screensaver starts running although I am setting screensaver to off on my machine. Any explanations or advice please?

WMI suggestion: Could you advise with the steps step by step to follow to do you WMI suggestion
    please?

Fcis_M, Mar 6, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows not locking after set idle time - Similar Threads - locking set idle

2. How to turn on lock screen after a certain amount of idle time.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn on lock screen after a certain amount of idle time.: Hello, how do I set the lock screen to activate after 1 minute? I don`t want to use a screen saver, and I don´t want the screen to turn off. I only want the lock screen to appear after 1 minute. Thank you. Windows 11 Home, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155...
  3. How to turn on lock screen after a certain amount of idle time.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to turn on lock screen after a certain amount of idle time.: Hello, how do I set the lock screen to activate after 1 minute? I don`t want to use a screen saver, and I don´t want the screen to turn off. I only want the lock screen to appear after 1 minute. Thank you. Windows 11 Home, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155...
  4. Idle windows shares not removing after Idle Session time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Idle windows shares not removing after Idle Session time: Afternoon guru's - I have a user that would LIKE to be prompted every time they connect to a network share on a Linux computer TrueNAS from a Windows computer with SMB. The user logins and set up are working just as expected, but Windows 11 seems to be remembering the...
  5. Idle windows shares not removing after Idle Session time

Idle windows shares not removing after Idle Session time: Afternoon guru's - I have a user that would LIKE to be prompted every time they connect to a network share on a Linux computer TrueNAS from a Windows computer with SMB. The user logins and set up are working just as expected, but Windows 11 seems to be remembering the...
  6. Windows 11 won't sleep after idle time

Windows 11 won't sleep after idle time: Hello all. I am having a problem with my system sleeping whilst idle. It wont do it. I have tried every fix I can find including changing plan settings within Windows to using the "sfc /scannow" command in the CMD. I have prevented devices from waking Windows in the device...
  7. Windows 10 hangs after long time idling.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 hangs after long time idling.: Hi my pc: 108500K stock 4800mhz 2x16 GB DDR4 GSKILL 3000mhz XMP Seasonic Tx-850 Ultra Titanium Gigabyte Rtx 3090 Gaming OC Aorus Z490 Pro Gaming 1 TB SSD I have updated Windows 10 to H20,the newest version. I installed windows 10 month ago with new pc. So far so good,games...
  8. Windows 10 hangs after long time idling.

Windows 10 hangs after long time idling.: Hi my pc: 108500K stock 4800mhz 2x16 GB DDR4 GSKILL 3000mhz XMP Seasonic Tx-850 Ultra Titanium Gigabyte Rtx 3090 Gaming OC Aorus Z490 Pro Gaming 1 TB SSD I have updated Windows 10 to H20,the newest version. I installed windows 10 month ago with new pc. So far so...
  9. Windows 10 does not activate hibernation after set idle time

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 does not activate hibernation after set idle time: To make things clear at the beginning: The system hibernates fine if manually invoked. I am using the advanced power options to set the system on Stand-by after 30 Minutes and to hibernate after 45 Minutes. This used to work fine until update 1803/1809. After that its...
  10. Computer Locks Up After Being Idle

Computer Locks Up After Being Idle: If I leave my PC idle for some time (not asleep) when I go back to it it's very slow The cursor movement is extremely laggy and I hear a beeping sound with every click (and the clicks do not register). I have to restart the PC, which is incredibly tedious. This happens very...