Windows 10: Windows not making use of RAM.

Discus and support Windows not making use of RAM. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So, I had an older laptop where the RAM inside would use a lot of battery. To remedy this, I changed a setting that would reduce the amount of RAM... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Myoitzi, Apr 21, 2024.

1. Myoitzi Win User

Windows not making use of RAM.

So, I had an older laptop where the RAM inside would use a lot of battery. To remedy this, I changed a setting that would reduce the amount of RAM available when the laptop was on a battery. Eventually, due to SSD corruption, the computer wouldn't boot, so I transferred all of the files from it to a new laptop I received, bringing over that old setting. In Windows 10, if my laptop unplugged, I could plug it back in and resolve the issue, but now, I've upgraded to Windows 11, and apparently, it doesn't recognize the setting anymore, even though I'm positive it's still in effect. What's more is

:)

Myoitzi, Apr 21, 2024
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Apr 21, 2024
  3. To RAM or not to RAM...

Hey genesis what hardware have you bought, you might be able to save on the ram and step up the rest of the hardware a little...

Or you could go out on the town as suggested... *Big Grin Windows not making use of RAM. :D

DrunkenMafia, Apr 21, 2024
  4. hellrazor Win User

Survey Reveals Companies' Early Windows 8 Reactions and Plans

Bull fucking shit.

hellrazor, Apr 21, 2024
Thema:

1. Windows not making use of RAM. - Similar Threads - making RAM

2. I installed 4gb additional ram in my laptop, making the total to 8gb of ram. My laptop is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I installed 4gb additional ram in my laptop, making the total to 8gb of ram. My laptop is...: I play games like valorant on my 4gb acer aspire 3, it lagged in few situation earlier. I thought upgrading ram would fix it, so I installed 4 additional Gb of ram. After that when I play anygame I am getting same amount of FPS with not much improvement. When I checked from...
  3. I installed 4gb additional ram in my laptop, making the total to 8gb of ram. My laptop is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I installed 4gb additional ram in my laptop, making the total to 8gb of ram. My laptop is...: I play games like valorant on my 4gb acer aspire 3, it lagged in few situation earlier. I thought upgrading ram would fix it, so I installed 4 additional Gb of ram. After that when I play anygame I am getting same amount of FPS with not much improvement. When I checked from...
  4. Ram Usage Make no-sense High Ram usage on idle [Windows 11]

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ram Usage Make no-sense High Ram usage on idle [Windows 11]: Just like the title goes, my PC's Ram usage is at +70% while idle and around +95% when running Ableton Live, It is mind blowing to see such stats on idle when my system has 32 GB DDR5 6000 Mhz of ram. I tried checking memory usage with Windows's task manager and system...
  5. Ram Usage Make no-sense High Ram usage on idle [Windows 11]

Ram Usage Make no-sense High Ram usage on idle [Windows 11]: Just like the title goes, my PC's Ram usage is at +70% while idle and around +95% when running Ableton Live, It is mind blowing to see such stats on idle when my system has 32 GB DDR5 6000 Mhz of ram. I tried checking memory usage with Windows's task manager and system...
  6. Windows not making use of RAM.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows not making use of RAM.: So, I had an older laptop where the RAM inside would use a lot of battery. To remedy this, I changed a setting that would reduce the amount of RAM available when the laptop was on a battery. Eventually, due to SSD corruption, the computer wouldn't boot, so I transferred all...
  7. How do I make Win 11 Ent use the Virtual Memory more than my Physical and GPU RAM?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I make Win 11 Ent use the Virtual Memory more than my Physical and GPU RAM?: Hail all:I use quite heavy graphical programs.Often, my Phys. and GPU RAM is filled to the nock.Now, how can I make Windows use my V-Mem more than it does?I have 32GB RAM, 8GB GDDR6, I placed 64 GB on a fast SSD as Virtual Memory set as 8GB min to 64GB max.Been looking on...
  8. How do I make Win 11 Ent use the Virtual Memory more than my Physical and GPU RAM?

How do I make Win 11 Ent use the Virtual Memory more than my Physical and GPU RAM?: Hail all:I use quite heavy graphical programs.Often, my Phys. and GPU RAM is filled to the nock.Now, how can I make Windows use my V-Mem more than it does?I have 32GB RAM, 8GB GDDR6, I placed 64 GB on a fast SSD as Virtual Memory set as 8GB min to 64GB max.Been looking on...
  9. Windows 11 Automatic Lowering RAM on My Game and Making The Game Lag

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Automatic Lowering RAM on My Game and Making The Game Lag: Hi i want ask, how to turn off automatic lowering RAM on windows? Because my windows keep automatic lowering RAM on my game tab and making the game lagging. I open 5tab game which is support multiple login, but if i open tab more than 6tab, the game RAM usage decrease...
  10. Windows 11 Automatic Lowering RAM on My Game and Making The Game Lag

Windows 11 Automatic Lowering RAM on My Game and Making The Game Lag: Hi i want ask, how to turn off automatic lowering RAM on windows? Because my windows keep automatic lowering RAM on my game tab and making the game lagging. I open 5tab game which is support multiple login, but if i open tab more than 6tab, the game RAM usage decrease...