Windows 10: Windows not opening certain programs

Discus and support Windows not opening certain programs in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My computer is having an issue where there are certain programs that when I try to launch them, the hourglass icon appears next to the cursor for a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TonyR4, May 4, 2020.

1. /u/TonyR4 Win User

Windows not opening certain programs

My computer is having an issue where there are certain programs that when I try to launch them, the hourglass icon appears next to the cursor for a second, then goes away and acts like nothing happened. It is only happening on certain programs, such as the office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and Steam/anything that uses Steam. It was working fine when I powered it off last night, it only started when I powered it on this morning. Any advice is much appreciated.

submitted by /u/TonyR4
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TonyR4, May 4, 2020

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, May 4, 2020
  3. R-T-B Win User
    Can someone just open a W10 support.

As a suggestion, it would be kinda cool if we could exclude certain thread categories from the "recent threads" list.

R-T-B, May 4, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 4, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows not opening certain programs - Similar Threads - opening certain programs

2. Certain programs won't open on my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Certain programs won't open on my computer: After installing Ryzen 9 5900X I've had some issue's, one being that I kept getting a BSOD, fixed that by disabling CPB. Now I'm noticing game's and app's such as Run-8 Train Simulator and, GMOD, Wallpaper Engine will not start. I ran SFC /SCANNOW and it fixed it but after...
  3. Certain programs started not opening

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Certain programs started not opening: As of a month or two, I would boot up a program only to execute It showed as open in the task manager, but there was no window. It would also allow me to boot up the same programs multiple times but without any window showing up still. Some of the programs that won't open...
  4. Certain programs started not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Certain programs started not opening: As of a month or two, I would boot up a program only to execute It showed as open in the task manager, but there was no window. It would also allow me to boot up the same programs multiple times but without any window showing up still. Some of the programs that won't open...
  5. Certain programs started not opening

6. Certain windows programs not opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Certain windows programs not opening: No apps opening that ive downloaded online, and certain windows programs are not opening, i think it might be an issue with Java but ive tried to repair it and its still not fixed. Discord and my browsers work....
  7. Certain programs won't open on my computer.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Certain programs won't open on my computer.: Hi, I've recently been having a problem with my computer where certain programs won't open at times. So far I've had problems with Blender, After Effects and GIMP, if I restart my computer, these programs will work just fine, but other times, they just won't open. The loading...
  8. How to open Photos or PDF's with certain programs?

How to open Photos or PDF's with certain programs?: Hi there, My name is , and I need a lot of help. I am disabled and need clear instructions that are easy. Always used Windows till I became disabled, then moved to Apple to give me something to do (as can't do much) and moved back to Windows a year ago. Using Windows 10. When...
  9. How to schedule a program opening at certain hour

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to schedule a program opening at certain hour: So I have this Minecraft server I'm supposed to open everyday at 5pm but sometimes I forget about it. Searching, I found it is possible to create a service to open it automatically at a certain hour, but I've been looking for how to create that service and I couldn't find it....
  10. Unable to open certain programs under Windows 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to open certain programs under Windows 1909: After updating to 1909 some executable programs will not open. I click them and get zero response - this happens even if I try to run as administrator. Two affected programs are Adobe acrobat and Steam plus all games in steam. I am unable to uninstall steam since when I click...