Windows 10: windows not opening in the same location

Discus and support windows not opening in the same location in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, How can I get the windows to open in the same location I close them? Very frustrating.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Dave Schledewitz, Jun 19, 2019.

1. windows not opening in the same location

Hello,

How can I get the windows to open in the same location I close them? Very frustrating.

:)

Dave Schledewitz, Jun 19, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 26, 2019
  3. Location service is greyed out

Hi Shahriar,

Thank you for responding.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused for you, I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps and check If it helps.

Step 1: Steps to turn on the Location settings.

• Login as an administrator.
    • Press Windows key, type Location settings and select
      Change location settings.
    • Check whether Location for this device is On by clicking on
      Change
    • Also turn on Location as well.

Step 2: And as you are unable to set the service Geolocation service to automatic, I suggest you to run SFC scan and check.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Try to set the service to automatic by following the steps provided in the above post by Praveen Venugopal.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 26, 2019
  4. windows not opening in the same location

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jun 26, 2019
Thema:

windows not opening in the same location

1. windows not opening in the same location - Similar Threads - opening same location

2. How to save a file to the same folder in which is located after opening?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to save a file to the same folder in which is located after opening?: I would like to know if it is possible to change the behavior of the "save" dialog, to select, by default, the folder where the file is located. This is typically something that is done when you "save as".I saw this...
  3. How to save a file to the same folder in which is located after opening?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to save a file to the same folder in which is located after opening?: I would like to know if it is possible to change the behavior of the "save" dialog, to select, by default, the folder where the file is located. This is typically something that is done when you "save as".I saw this...
  4. "Open file location" opens shortcut location instead of the file location..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Open file location" opens shortcut location instead of the file location..: I think the title sums up this annoying issue, but I'll elaborate anyway for the sake of clarity:When I right click on a program in the Start menu and click on "Open file location" it should, by right, open the location of the file, but it never does. It always opens the...
  5. Applications not opening at same location and in same size after reopening

in Windows 10 Customization
    Applications not opening at same location and in same size after reopening: I tried the suggested steps: Right click on the icon of the application and click on Properties. Under Run select the size of the window from the drop-down list. Now, click on Apply and OK. I am unable to find a run tab in Properties. Is there anyone that can show the...
  6. Installed in the same location as??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installed in the same location as??: (Win 10 OS Build 19041.508) Hi, I wasn't sure where to post this problem sorry. When I go to Uninstall some of my FSX (FS10) aircraft I get an Error: [img] This error happens with Revo Uninstaller. If I go ahead with the uninstall it deletes all my aircraft in my...
  7. have application window always open in the same location?

in Windows 10 Support
    have application window always open in the same location?: every time I open the "application" the window is always in a different spot, is there any way to get it to always open in the upper left corner, without any 3rd party software? Like a shortcut script or something? any help is greatly appreciated! Windows Version Number...
  8. Applications not opening at same location and in same size after reopening

Applications not opening at same location and in same size after reopening: Each time when I open the different programs that I have installed in my system, then upon opening the programs, windows 10 doesn't remember the size of the window of those programs also that they were placed at what position on the screen last time, and this causes me...
  9. How to make windows 10 open the programs and their related windows at the same location on...

How to make windows 10 open the programs and their related windows at the same location on...: Each time when I open the different programs that I have installed in my system, then upon opening the programs, windows 10 doesn't remember the size of the window of those programs also that they were placed at what position on the screen last time, and this causes me...
  10. Music & Picture - Same Location

in Windows 10 Support
    Music & Picture - Same Location: [img] Somehow, I've managed to set the location for Music & Pictures to the same location i.e. K Drive. Restoring to default locations makes no difference, or should I say that whatever change I do to Music is replicated in Pictures & visa versus. Any ideas on how...