Windows 10: Windows not picking up USB microphone suddenly

Discus and support Windows not picking up USB microphone suddenly in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Im using a Blue Snowball USB microphone and for the last few weeks its been working fine, today however i went to use it and found it wasn't being... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BlueSB, Aug 31, 2020.

1. BlueSB Win User

Windows not picking up USB microphone suddenly

Im using a Blue Snowball USB microphone and for the last few weeks its been working fine, today however i went to use it and found it wasn't being picked up by any programs, it only appears in the device list as hidden. I've tried it in two USB ports and the power/connection indicator on the microphone itself is lit up indicating its at least receiving power.

:)

BlueSB, Aug 31, 2020
  2. Riel Alc Win User

Microphone issues

Hi Michael,

Here are the possible reasons why you're getting an error "The microphone did not pick anything up" when using it:

• Incorrect settings (microphone is not set as default device)
    • Corrupted or outdated driver
    • Faulty device

For us to isolate the issue, we'd like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made to your computer prior to this issue(e.g. Windows updates)?
    • Have you tried connecting other microphone to your computer?
    • Have you tried connecting the microphone to the other computer?

In the meantime, we suggest running the Recording Audio Troubleshooter to find and repair problems with recording sound. We also suggest checking if your microphone is set as your default recording device. For troubleshooting steps, please see
    Geethu B's on this
    link.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Aug 31, 2020
  3. Arcadian Win User
    Microphone still unable to pick up sound from Dragon Speech

Not a techie at all sorry but follow your general drift which is interesting. I've now got a mike input (USB Pro Sound) but how do you make the connection to the headphone output as there's two separate wires ?

Arcadian, Aug 31, 2020
  4. Windows not picking up USB microphone suddenly

Microphone suddenly stopped working

My microphone is still not working. I even checked the BIOS as someone had suggested but there is no listing for the microphone in there.

JonStoffelsen, Aug 31, 2020
Thema:

Windows not picking up USB microphone suddenly

1. Windows not picking up USB microphone suddenly - Similar Threads - picking USB microphone

2. PC not picking up USB microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC not picking up USB microphone: I purchased a PC a few weeks ago, and two days ago I plugged in my USB microphone for the first time, a Rode USB mic, only to find the PC isn't reacting to it being plugged in at all. This is not an issue with the microphone, I booted up my old PC yesterday, plugged in the...
  3. PC not picking up USB microphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC not picking up USB microphone: I purchased a PC a few weeks ago, and two days ago I plugged in my USB microphone for the first time, a Rode USB mic, only to find the PC isn't reacting to it being plugged in at all. This is not an issue with the microphone, I booted up my old PC yesterday, plugged in the...
  4. PC not picking up USB microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Microphone suddenly not picking up audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone suddenly not picking up audio: Hello,My microphone suddenly hasn't been picking up audio. I use a Bluestone headset and haven't had problems until recently. I'm in Zoom classes and such but I cannot find a solution that works. I've tried troubleshooting, setting up the mic which also doesn't detect me, big...
  6. Microphone suddenly not picking up audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone suddenly not picking up audio: Hello,My microphone suddenly hasn't been picking up audio. I use a Bluestone headset and haven't had problems until recently. I'm in Zoom classes and such but I cannot find a solution that works. I've tried troubleshooting, setting up the mic which also doesn't detect me, big...
  7. Microphone suddenly not picking up audio

8. USB MICROPHONE ISN'T BEING PICKED UP

USB MICROPHONE ISN'T BEING PICKED UP: my usb microphone wont be recognized by my pc. ive looked up other people who have had the same issue and tried those methods to fix it, but nothing works. ive done everything from troubleshooting to reinstalling drivers and nothing of the sorts work. the light on the mic is...
  9. No Microphone is being picked up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No Microphone is being picked up: I have two microphones; one on a Razer headset, the other on an Oculus Rift CV1. I started a Discord call with a buddy and noticed the app wasn't picking up my headset mic. I went to Windows Settings and found that when I tested the mic, Windows didn't pick anything up from...
  10. USB headset microphone not picking up input

USB headset microphone not picking up input: I just bought a HyperX Cloud II headset and I am trying to set it up to use for audio input and output. I have confirmed my headset works on my phone for input and output so I believe that the device is working properly. When I use the the given aux to USB controller I get...